No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who did the front flip thrown in??

Only player i recall doing this in England was Mark Stimson (Left back for Pompey, Newcastle and Small Heath)

CobyJones? American international that use to play for Coventry.

who did the front flip thrown in??

Only player i recall doing this in England was Mark Stimson (Left back for Pompey, Newcastle and Small Heath)

CobyJones? American international that use to play for Coventry.

You probably right, i don't recall myself that Coby Jones did it?? But then again it seems to be an american thing with these throw ins!! i have seen them in some of the movies such as "Shes The Man" (Vinny Jones movie)

Pros:

Passing and movement is great, one two passes, quick movement in the box

Attractive football, not many hoofs or aimless crosses - through balls always look impressive (personal opinion)

Try and keep possession, not vastly like Swansea where it can sometimes appear to be going nowhere

Direct at Fullbacks when from wide. Can see NZog and maybe Gabby doing well.

Through balls 2 striker would work great for Ireland, Andi and Bent. (bad for Gabby as he cant finish 1-on-1)

They almost scored from a corner (lol)

Cons:

Very high line - it's good, helps with possession and attacking, but similar to AVB at Chelsea going from a deep line to a high one too quickly can be very costly. Much more dangerous using a high line in the prem with better, quicker, more powerful strikers to take advantage.

Direct at fullbacks - Works well for them, would be good for NZogbia but their route 1 is through the middle it's their be all and end all and run at the fullbacks if it ends up out wide. Considering we have Holman and Marc now, aswell as wingers such as Carruthers, Grealish, Graham, Robinson (admittedly fairly direct mostly tbf) there isn't much variety there. Ole may very well instill more variety with better players in his squad (and he'd need to)

Didnt seem convincing defending set pieces. But the players arent exactly Premier League level, so it's hard to judge whether thats tactics or just the players.

To be fair, this is off the back of me watching [my first] 70 minutes of Norwegian football, 2 days after these players' coach (and likely hero for the Norwegian's amongst them) may be leaving. But thats what I've taken away from it so far. The style/tactics are Exciting and Promising but very risky (I guess it's nothing I didn't know about us hiring Ole 2 hours ago! lol)

the reason i guess, why nr 20 angan is playing is he is the joint topscorer in TL. kinda a gomez type, can be quiet a long time then suddenly just score one to be invisble the rest of the game