No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

After the game, OGS and his coaches came onto the field and he hugged all the players. They then proceeded to the corner of the ground with the Molde fans and clapped them and waved them. I found this a bit odd for a finish to a league match, but if that's his style, that's his style. Hence why I asked.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really not sure what it looked like. Do the managers go out onto the field and hug every player? Here the manager would walk 1/4 to the away fans, clap and go down the tunnel. OGS went right over to them with all the players.

Well it was a bit weird. Maybe Molde do that after every away game. Bit like the "handshake of peace" at the end.

Anyways I would say we can infer nothing from the way he acted. We can learn something about his style on the pitch though. Thumbs up from me!

I thought it was a goodbye, the assistant was hugging players too (The English one likely to come back with him) but whoknows. They do a lot of things differently in that league, captains shake hands before and after match was my favourite 'SHAKE HANDS FOR PEACE'. and they bizarrely showed the ref some respect. strange. They may just hug each other a lot too. who knows? Only a maximum of a week to find out for sure!

Angan is a far better finisher now after working with OGS than he used to be, he is kind of a less talented Gabby. Fast, strong and gets chances but after that everything can happen.

7 goals in 10 games, this is probably his level though, can't see him taking a step up to one of the better european leagues.

Other african strikers like Anthony Ujah, Miram Biram Diouf, Chinedu Obasi and Mamadou Diallo were all clearly of much higher quality than Angan when they were in the norwegian league.

I agree. Maybe, if he is lucky, he can make it in the Dutch league, but nothing more.

There are a lot of strikers scoring for fun in Norway who is a failure in other leagues. Just look at the Sunderland reject Rade Prica who scores a lot for Rosenborg.

And we have the odd examples of players that fail in Rosenborg but succeeds later (Konan Ya in Hannover and Eguren in Villareal after a good spell in Sweden).

I'm really not sure what it looked like. Do the managers go out onto the field and hug every player? Here the manager would walk 1/4 to the away fans, clap and go down the tunnel. OGS went right over to them with all the players.

Maybe he's bringing the whole team with him when he comes! They were saying goodbye too!

:P

It was a HANDSHAKE FOR PEACE! whatever that means?

That was something else; that struck me as a 'Fair Play' type thing between the captains and the refs.

here it is OSLO, Norway -- It is called the Handshake for Peace.

The Nobel Peace Center and Norway's soccer association on Friday announced a program to promote civility on the field.

The captains of Norway's soccer clubs will exchange handshakes before and after the game and be obliged to thank the referee. Those who fail to do so may be punished with a yellow or red card.

Organizers hope these gestures will improve goodwill in both the game and society, something they say is lacking. The program will begin at the start of this year's season, which begins this month.

Molde were playing away... I wouldnt expect a big farewell from OGS in an away game... dont think you can read too much into this.

The owner is calling a conference later tonight.. Maybe OGS had no choice, maybe he was told today is his last day as manager.

Do people think he will see out the next 2 games?
Apparently he's going to resign. I must stress though that these are just rumours.

*If* he did resign, would we be able to get him in as manager on Monday/Tuesday?

I cant see Røkke saying its his last game today, they have 2 matches left this week, may as well have a manager/backroom team to manage them. He's already made himself look like an idiot. If he has any sense whatsoever tonights press conference should be about damage limitation.

Ideally for us he will sack OGS but it would be stupid (and harsh - especially if we dont offer him the job).

I can see something along the lines of him publicly stating he wants massive compensation for Ole though or maybe anther stabbing in the back of Ole.. more details from their private chats?

rokke doesnt really have a say if he keeps playing or not though does he? surley thats up to the board of molde ? it would be like genting forcing heskey off the pitch....

maybe they are on to something...