No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those quote's seem to me that he is staying.
Nah, I think what he's doing is playing it safe. Don't forget we haven't made an offer yet. By saying that it means he's got himself covered should we not offer him the job.

The easiest option - then. Even though I wanted lambert - if olle can walk into the job - then its in the best of interests of avfc to get this done.

This clause may alert other clubs

Yep, agree. That's why I want us to get this done now. However, I'm not sure where else he would go at the moment. Liverpool and Chelsea won't go for him and I'm confident he'd choose us over West Brom.

No offers... yet.

Surely Trees can tell us whether Randy will be back in the country tomorrow?

At the moment he isn't.

Its 4 p.m. Cleveland time. For Mr.Lerner to leave to arrive at his normal time, you are talking around 9 p.m., so they may not have filed anything yet.

Plus Mr Lerner's jet shows as 'blocked' on the US system, so I can no longer check where he travels to from or within the US. This is something that he had done after the takeover. It was pretty easy to guess when he lived in sleepy East Hampton, but Cleveland is a bit busier, and therefore a bit harder.

To me they sound like he is covering his backside incase we don't offer him the job.

Exactly how I see it as well.

It's just up to Randy if he wants to appoint him or not. Maybe the other candidates are better, we don't know.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Are you ready to be pounced on by some wierdly desperate OGS groupies?

Imagine you just walked into a sleep over full over 12 year old girls and called justin beiber a tosser. Thats what you have just done my friend.

No offers... yet.

At the moment he isn't.

Its 4 p.m. Cleveland time. For Mr.Lerner to leave to arrive at his normal time, you are talking around 9 p.m., so they may not have filed anything yet.

Plus Mr Lerner's jet shows as 'blocked' on the US system, so I can no longer check where he travels to from or within the US. This is something that he had done after the takeover. It was pretty easy to guess when he lived in sleepy East Hampton, but Cleveland is a bit busier, and therefore a bit harder.

Thanks for the info.

In any case, he probably doesn't need to be over if OGS is his main target. He's already met him. Everything else can be done over the phone or via Faulkner. In fact the fact that it doesn't look like he's coming over tomorrow could indicate that we'll be getting OGS.

Imagine you just walked into a sleep over full over 12 year old girls and called justin beiber a tosser. Thats what you have just done my friend.

Just what exactly is your problem?

No offers... yet.

At the moment he isn't.

Thanks for the info.

In any case, he probably doesn't need to be over if OGS is his main target. He's already met him. Everything else can be done over the phone or via Faulkner. In fact the fact that it doesn't look like he's coming over tomorrow could indicate that we'll be getting OGS.

Mantis i fear for your safety and sanity if we don't appoint Solskjær! :)

Jesus, take it back to the playground guys.

No offers... yet.

At the moment he isn't.

Thanks for the info.

Mantis i fear for your safety and sanity if we don't appoint Solskjær! :)

It's not so much that I want him (although I do) it's just that it seems to have dragged on for so long and there have been so many twists. If OGS had come out on Friday and committed to Molde I would probably be over it by now.

The last time Randy Lerner flew into mainland Europe in his personal plane his actions caused a bit of a rumpus.

Now, if he was planning on coming over again any time soon he could possibly use an alternative vehicle for getting here thus preventing eagle eyed Villa fans from spotting his plane and journalists tracking his whereabouts.

He certainly has enough $'s to do it so it is a possibility that he is still coming over. Whether this would have anything to do with OGS or someone else is another matter and anyone's guess.

The last time Randy Lerner flew into mainland Europe in his personal plane his actions caused a bit of a rumpus.

Now, if he was planning on coming over again any time soon he could possibly use an alternative vehicle for getting here thus preventing eagle eyed Villa fans from spotting his plane and journalists tracking his whereabouts.

He certainly has enough $'s to do it so it is a possibility that he is still coming over. Whether this would have anything to do with OGS or someone else is another matter and anyone's guess.

I'd imagine if Randy was going to come back now to interview it would be people in the UK anyway (Lambert, Martinez, Heskey). So his plane being here shouldnt cause too much panic.

I think the best thing we can hope for, is that Randys plane doesnt come all week. That, to me, would indicate that OGS is our number 1 target.

Over the past few days even though my better half hates football she has continually asked me whether we have got a new manager yet? I have told her about the speculation concerning Solskjaer and the other names mentioned.

Tonight she replied by saying that she would laugh her leg off if we got Mick McCarthy who she does an excellent impersonation of!

Being a woman she is normally right so be prepared lads. :puke:

Rumour has it he's coming in by submarine.