No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

It's funny but watching that video I see that he practices what he preaches. In that training video he says "edge of the area, shoot!" and so many of his goals are from the edge of the area. It's also exciting to think that Bent may have a striker that good as his manager.. Solskjaer was in a completely different league to a player like Bent, same style of player but Bent can learn a lot from OGS.

Yeah, he was never a flashy player with outstanding abilities. He just understood the game and made good runs, kept his cool when he got his chances and made good decisions - hence the nickname!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now we've seen how VT can move the betting market , shall we all stick some of our OGS winnings on McLeish being the next Liverpool manager , make him odds on favourite and scare the living shit out of all the Liverpool fans :-)

I was just looking at that - hes only 80-1 !

It's funny but watching that video I see that he practices what he preaches. In that training video he says "edge of the area, shoot!" and so many of his goals are from the edge of the area. It's also exciting to think that Bent may have a striker that good as his manager.. Solskjaer was in a completely different league to a player like Bent, same style of player but Bent can learn a lot from OGS.

Yeah, he was never a flashy player with outstanding abilities. He just understood the game and made good runs, kept his cool when he got his chances and made good decisions - hence the nickname!

Didn't hurt that he was probably the best finisher the PL has seen imo.

Hey Mantis ......

You checked the odds for the next WBA manager - OGS is now 4th favourite @ 6-1

[aside to rest of VT .......not really folks !]

When OGS said he had turned down PL teams in the past, I could only think it must of been WBA.

OGS is not happy with Molde director Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen for leaking the Q&A between him and Molde owner Røkke tonight.

"I believe we agreed to let what was said at the press conference be the last word in this case".

When asked what he thinks of the leak, OGS said "Which one of us is behaving honorably, I will lett who ever wants, to think for himself"

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/norsk/artikkel.php?artid=10061788

The guys at Molde must REALLY want him to go now, can´t explain their amateur behaviour in any other way :bonk:

Methinks they try to make OGS the scapegoat in this, but for each try digs their own hole deeper and deeper.

Haha, class answer from Solskjær in VG after being confronted with the answers that Molde has leaked:

"So, that was the answers that I did not answer?"

He is referring the Aker's press release Friday where they said he did not answer the questions.

We have a total breakdown in the relationship between Solskjær and Molde. And a lot of the Molde fans are calling for their CEOs head.

Hey Mantis ......

You checked the odds for the next WBA manager - OGS is now 4th favourite @ 6-1

[aside to rest of VT .......not really folks !]

When OGS said he had turned down PL teams in the past, I could only think it must of been WBA.

Probably turned down Wolves who would have been scouting for a new manager before the season ended.. I would imagine West Brom were turned down and possibly even Liverpool could have been turned down by him as recently as Thursday. For whatever reason he likes our club and that's great news.

doing the rounds on twitter that OGS has said

"If I get the offer - I will leave molde on friday"

Sounds like his days at Molde are numbered - even if VP isn't his destination - seems like he will be managing in the PL next season.

OGS third fav to be next united manager at 6/1.

In my opinion we have agreed to offer OGS the job but he has asked us to wait until the end f the month. I believe he has done thisnoutnof respect for his current club. If we get him sooner than bonus.

He's already moving quicker in the transfer market than MON eer did for us!

Mat Kendrick and Bham Mail are now saying OGS wants to manage Villa.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: I want to manage Aston Villa

OLE Gunnar Solskjaer has taken a significant step closer to becoming Aston Villa’s next boss after telling Molde he is keen to manage the claret and blues.

Solskjaer has confirmed to his current club in Norway that he intends to leave them if he receives a firm offer from Villa chairman Randy Lerner.

The 39-year-old Norwegian surged to the top of Lerner’s wishlist after impressing the owner following a jet-setting job interview on Friday.

Solskjaer could bring coaches Mark Dempsey and Richard Hartis, while he is also interested in signing Molde star Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

According to reports in the Norwegian press, Solskjaer last night told the club’s bosses that he did intend to go if offered the chance to manage Villa.

It has been reported that Solskjaer, who takes charge of Molde’s match at at Sandnes Ulf today (Sunday) would leave when the Norwegian league takes a temporary break at the end of May for Euro 2012.

Solskjaer hinted that the match against Honefoss on Friday could be his last.

My answer was that if Aston Villa will have a new manager and they want me, and I agree, they can not wait until after the season,” he said Solskjaer.

“It will naturally take place in the Norwegian holiday. Most likely with Honefoss as the last match.

“A new manager must be in place from pre season. It is the natural time.

And now the former Manchester United favourite has told Molde bosses that he wants the chance to manage Villa in the Premier League.

We ruined Molde with our trainspotting. Oops. Looking forward to the payout from the bookies though.

I nearly spat my hot lemon out all over the keyboard when I read that!

You daft bat... what's trainspotting got to do with the price of tomatoes?!!

Plane-spotting even. Im not bitching about it as nobody would guess their owner would act like this. But its possible nobody would know about OGS if not for all the betting and twitter goings on lol. But like I say, hardly our (or anyones) fault that the Molde owner is a grade A nut job.

Watching that. Weimann could be gr8 in 3 years.

Funke awesome.... trainspotting for Randy's jet.....along with this awful cold I've got

......will forever be etched in the memory regarding this particular Villa managerial appointment.

Happy days :)