No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get it

Both him and AVFC have declared that he will not be the next Villa managerHe will NOT be the next AVFC manager time to move on

I've missed something

Sky Sports

"However, the 39-year-old is understood to have opted to stick with Molde following further talks regarding the position"

"Villa have insisted that no offer was made to Solskjaer and have confirmed he is no longer under consideration for the role"

I like the posters (note: plural) who are "poking fun" at those of us who were excited by this appointment (or the prospect of it)...

Yeah, yeah, that's the way to be a unified fan base, by belittling those of us that finally found something to be excited about.

Gutted by this but in many ways I was surprised that he was even considering leaving Molde at this point. From watching the video he seemed to have his life exactly how he wanted it - his family were settled in the town he grew up, the stadium and facilities seemed to be excellent and there's no doubt he was held in very high regard by the fans and the community.

You could say that maybe he's already taken Molde as far as he can but if I was him, no matter how ambitious I was, I'd stay for a couple more seasons. He's a young man in managerial terms.

Would have loved him to come but really can't blame him for deciding to stay.

Maybe we can get him here next time we're looking for a manger.

Spot on. Money talks, certainly, but precisely because of how OGS looked at Molde I had big doubts all along that we would ever succeed in poaching this guy.

I dont get it

Both him and AVFC have declared that he will not be the next Villa managerHe will NOT be the next AVFC manager time to move on

I've missed something

Sky Sports

"However, the 39-year-old is understood to have opted to stick with Molde following further talks regarding the position"

"Villa have insisted that no offer was made to Solskjaer and have confirmed he is no longer under consideration for the role"

Cobblers. We havent said anything to anyone, no quotes, nothing. I cant find where OGS has said anything either.

I'm not saying this is happening or isn't, but I can't find the source to all this nonsense. Nobody has said or suggested anything in anything I have seen.

I dont get it

I've missed something

Sky Sports

Oh... the same Sky Sports who said we signed Kevin Prince Boateng? Reliable source them!

Tbh, I won't believe anything until there is confirmation from either club or quotes.

Gotta wonder, what are we not doing to 1000% convince these people to take the job? I know we didn't actually offer it RM or OGS, but why are these people not dying to jump into our club? I dont think PF or RL are doing a very good job of selling it to them when they initially speak.

Seems OGS has been talked out of it now by Molde, clearly we didn't push it enough from our side or nothing would have talked him out of it.

Ole has played a blinder if he stays.

1) The club is happy after last week's turmoil

2) He gets 1 mill pound to buy a top class striker

3) He can leave for a PL club next year if they pay Molde the price

4) He can still leave anytime for United

5) He will be an even bigger hero i Norway, daring to say no to a PL giant

And if he against the odds should go to Villa, he has made sure that Molde will have some great position to negotiate (cash to get a new manager, maybe even a deal which sends Villa youngsters to Molde).