No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

This is a major set back for us. Whoever comes in now will know that they are second choice. This isn't the way to appoint a manager - RL is showing himself again as an amateur.

In the US they draw up an shortlist and interview candidates - In the PL its different - your target has got to know that he is first choice

We need to take a leap of faith and choose one of Rodgers, Martinez or Lambert and offer them the job but I'd be surprised if any of them take it now.

I'd be happy with Poyet but wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Grayson!!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you go to the bother of using your own private jet and finance to fly a potential target over for talks when you aren't going to offer him the job? Have we done that with any other foriegn managerial targets?

Randy, or Focker, could have spoken to Solskjaer or his agent, or his club's chairman by phone.

If Solskjaer has turned us down then it probably will be due to the financial constraints at our club rather than anything else!

I am completely sure that OGS would not turn down an offer from Villa. If he is out of the contest I believe that we do have a manager tapped up...

We've probably written some nice polite letters to chairmen who are quite capable of eating Randy for breakfast ... do I sound bitter or what? :(

So far we do not know who has been interviewed and who, if anyone, has berm offered the job, so I am not sure how anyone can be construed as second choice at this point in time.

Ole has simply ruled himself out of the running, not been offered the job.

After all this media attention I can not believe why Villa officially are not communicating with the fans. We are the most important people for the club and they tell the norwegian press more than us? For that I am pissed off!

This is a major set back for us. Whoever comes in now will know that they are second choice. This isn't the way to appoint a manager - RL is showing himself again as an amateur.

In the US they draw up an shortlist and interview candidates - In the PL its different - your target has got to know that he is first choice

We need to take a leap of faith and choose one of Rodgers, Martinez or Lambert and offer them the job but I'd be surprised if any of them take it now.

I'd be happy with Poyet but wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Grayson!!

I agree with your post Cas .... "your target has got to know that he is first choice."

can someone call our press officer and tell him that you are a journalist and ask him for the same confirmation that norwegian telly supposedly got yesterday?

Err, are you not old enough to use the phone without your parents permission or something?

After all this media attention I can not believe why Villa officially are not communicating with the fans. We are the most important people for the club and they tell the norwegian press more than us? For that I am pissed off!

THIS!

OGS - friend & journalist - Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft

"@Blokkhav said I was 110% sure he will accept if offered. Still my opinion"

Perhaps Villa were preparing to offer him the job and before they had chance he was "persuaded" to let AVFC know he didn't wish to leave Norway.

We shall have to listen out for PC.

However blaming Faulkner or Lerner for all this automatically is bad form IMHO. None of us know what's gone on behind the scenes.

big shame, seems like we didn't move heaven and earth quick enough to get him. he was making all the right noises and if we'd have gone for him we'd have got him.

soooo, who is this young, vibrant and enthusiastic manager that the board have passed up on solskjaer for?