No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I think he's used Villa here big time, he's got all the assurances he wants, re-worked his contract and possibly got a pay rise out of it.

If that is the case, then I would be surprised. OGS is not that kind of a person.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

`This will in turn be displayed on large screens at Aker Stadium. Present are both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Røkke and Bjorn Rune Gjelsten.'

Cant see it being good for us if they are displaying the press conference on large screens in the stadium.. haha

I think he's used Villa here big time, he's got all the assurances he wants, re-worked his contract and possibly got a pay rise out of it.

If that is the case, then I would be surprised. OGS is not that kind of a person.

Why because he has a baby face? He has used us mate, just as Dave Whelan took our club too the cleaners these norwegian chumps have took us to the cleaners!

`This will in turn be displayed on large screens at Aker Stadium. Present are both Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Røkke and Bjorn Rune Gjelsten.'

Cant see it being good for us if they are displaying the press conference on large screens in the stadium.. haha

Yes you don't do that and then say :wave:

They are really milking this aren't they. Its been a cracking bit of publiity for Molde off the back of us and has ultimatey shown them in a good light having kept there man regardless of whether we actaully ever wanted him.

Yes you don't do that and then say :wave:

They are really milking this aren't they. Its been a cracking bit of publiity for Molde off the back of us and has ultimatey shown them in a good light having kept there man regardless of whether we actaully ever wanted him.

Yeah. You know I think our board have behaved just fine through this. I am disappointed but this Molde investor seems to have played the pratt card.

Agreed with the people who say we've been played. Considering how strongly embedded OGS looked in that Molde job, his 'come and get me' type mutterings make most sense as a manoeuvre to pry a better deal out of his bosses there. I would be surprised if coming over to us was ever really part of his plans.

I dunno guys, you gotta think his ultimate goal is MUFC job, he would not be able to walk into that straight from Molde, would deffo need some PL experience. I honestly think his plan was to show his worth with us before taking over from Fergie in 2 or 3 years. I think the backers of Molde have told him they will be off if he leaves, which would destroy the club. Along with this a nice payrise was offered and he has had to stay.

Family reasons my arse, if that was the case he wouldn't have even come over for a `chat'. What did he think, that he could manage the team from Norway?

If RL had wanted OGS, then he could have got him. OGS really wanted the job but then indecision by RL/PF allowed Molde to put pressure on Ole to remain with them. Rokke was acting while Villa was not.

It reminds me of last year when we made a polite approach to Roberto Martinez, but only offered him the same chance as OGS to go on our mythical shortlist. Dave Whelan was then given time to bully RM into staying at Wigan. I thought that Randy would have learnt a valuable lesson from that shafting by a sharp loudmouthed operator like DW, but it appears that another big mouthed financier has triumped over the "gentleman" at Villa.

I hope I'm wrong and that the real reason that OGS was not offered the job is because Randy has someone better lined up (scratches head ?), but I worry that once again we may have shot ourselves in the foot by the same old indecision and dithering that has tended to be the hallmark of Randy's ownership.