No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

It strikes me a bit oddly that someone like Rökke haven't gone to media instantly after dinner saying "He's staying, suckers!", and Gazton basicly saying that this isn't over...so who knows.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the saddest thing about all this is that a lot of villa fans had pinned all their hopes on a ex Mank with one year managerial experience in the Norweign league. Is this how far we have fallen? What the hell is going on with the fans, never mind the club!

I dont understand that mentality that he has no experience etc.

If Barcelona said that to Messi... were not playing you has you have no experience.. despite clearly having talent..

The guy has a superb playing record.. he seems very switched on.. and likeable.. he would bring a freshness to Aston Villa FC.. which we have not had for a long time. A young manager who has aspirations.. different ideas and a different approach to games. All we have had is old British managers.. who have similar philosophies on the game.

Even if the experiment failed.. it would have been fresh and an interesting ride. Seeing type of character he is.. hes a winner.. i dont think he would have failed.

But not to be.......

If Barcelona said that to Messi... were not playing you has you have no experience.. despite clearly having talent..

The guy has a superb playing record.. he seems very switched on.. and likeable.. he would bring a freshness to Aston Villa FC.. which we have not had for a long time. A young manager who has aspirations.. different ideas and a different approach to games. All we have had is old British managers.. who have similar philosophies on the game.

Even if the experiment failed.. it would have been fresh and an interesting ride. Seeing type of character he is.. hes a winner.. i dont think he would have failed.

But not to be.......

All the above is true which is why so many fans are disappointed. But as you said it would have been an experiment and nobody knows how it could have turned out. So feeling like its the end of the world or blaming the club is uncalled for IMO.

Eh? That's one of the best plots of all time, plus it had a happy ending.

True but it's long and drawn out & has lots of twists & turns - plus OGS does remind me of a Frodo Baggins type.

Frodo may well have got his reward on this occasion too.... a huge big payrise of Rokke - hence the meal in Oslo with his wife!

Who knows?!!!

If all of this speculation and adulation leads to the culmination merely of a freaking pay raise then my admiration was based on my imagination and that will be my rationalization for my humiliation.... for believing in this guy. Say it ain't so Ol'

Now confirmed on ITV

Link: http://tinyurl.com/ce3y7kt

11:31pm, Tue 22 May 2012 New Villa Boss

Solskjaer turns down Villa job

Last updated Tue 22 May 2012

Sport aston villa Alex McLeish Villa boss There are reports tonight that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has turned down the chance of managing Aston Villa.

Reuters are reporting that Bryan Doogan told Norway's TV2 Sport

“Solskjaer is no longer an alternative for Aston Villa. He has said no for family reasons.

– Bryan Doogan, English Premier League spokesman

TV2 Sport said the Molde manager told Aston Villa, who fired boss Alex McLeish after a disappointing season, of his decision following a dinner with Molde sponsor Kjell Inge Rokke

WTF did this Rokke fella do; Kidnap his wife and kids and tell him he will only release them when Molde have won the Champions League?

If the stories are true and he has decided to stay, that guy must be a very persuasive man. I'm guessing it was a case of all is forgiven now name your price for a new contract son!

Ok, people are asking why am I still hopeful.

Yesterday I was told it was done, but that there was going to be drama attached. Hence my comment yesterday about a charade.

Now, I have not had it confirmed or denied that last night was part of the drama I was told to expect. News broke late and I can't contact my guy right now.

It's possible that it's over, but it might not be; hence me saying 'don't lock the thread' rather than 'it's still on'.

Can any norwegian VTer translate this article? http://www.tk.no/sporten/fotball/article6072331.ece

It supposedly says that OGS haven't confirmed that he said no to AVFC.

Even though Im danish i can translate what it says.

Solskjær doesnt want to confirm that he has declined the Aston Villa job.

Tuesday evening it was reported that OGS no longer was in the running to become manager of AVFC. OGS doesnt want to confirm the information which came from England.

Together with Jim Solbakken and his wife Silje Lyngvær, Solskjær landed Tuesday evening at 23.45, with Aker's private jet.

He was met by several journalists.

Everyone wanted to know why he had refused the Aston Villa job.

After the dinner meeting with Røkke and Bjørn Rune Gjelsten in Oslo, it emerged that Solskjær had declined the AVFC job offer due to family reasons.

He was confronted with information passed on to both English and Norwegian media by the Aston Villa's press officer. Solskjær didnt, however confirm that he had said no to the Premier League club.

- We will talk together after training on Wednesday, said Solskjær before he hurried into his car parked at the airport beside Kvernberget.

Molde Chairman Øystein Neerland wouldnt confirm what was reported from Aston Villa. Both Molde and Ole Gunnar kept the speculation around the 39-year-old alive.

Molde is scheduled to train 10:30 at Aker Stadium on Wednesday. Thursday is the game against Tromsø.

- I think Ole Gunnar lead Molde against Tromsø, said Neerland.

- I can not comment more on this now. We have to wait. I ask you to be patient, said Neerland to future speculations.

Neither Molde, as a club or Røkke, through their company, Aker, had by 01:00 said anything about what was said at the dinner meeting in Asker.

Doogan has never ever said anything In the media before.

Why would he start now? And why would he talk to norwegian media and why would not villa then not want to communicate with the fans?

Strange this one, very strange! And why would ogs talk to villa out of respect for such a big club and then rule himself out before anyone has been offered the job? Too strange for me all this! Smells fishy all the way!

Doogan has never ever said anything In the media before.

Why would he start now? And why would he talk to norwegian media and why would not villa then not want to communicate with the fans?

Strange this one, very strange! And why would ogs talk to villa out of respect for such a big club and then rule himself out before anyone has been offered the job? Too strange for me all this! Smells fishy all the way!

Maybe someone pulling stuff out of their ass and fabricating stories. Someone in media trying to **** up the deal? Rökke using his connections in media planting a story? :D

But not to be.......

All the above is true which is why so many fans are disappointed. But as you said it would have been an experiment and nobody knows how it could have turned out. So feeling like its the end of the world or blaming the club is uncalled for IMO.

I agree but its all circumstantial. If the club didnt offer him a contract.. then we can blame the board.. if they did and he refused it.. theres not much they can do.

Problem is.. the Club rarely have contact with the fans. So everyone has to guess. Yeah there is the media guy talking to Norwegian TV.. but why not just bring a statement on the website saying the same thing?

I still dont think its dead in the water.. i just cant believe he would knock the job back if offered. Whether we have offered the job is another matter entirely.

Let it go chaps, he's not coming

Time to really panic is when target nr 2 says no

Current vogue seems to be to knock job offers back

Villa will be seen by the likes Of lambert & Martinez as too high a risk for their cv/career

Time to worry

This is 95% off... however, there is a very small chance this might be on purely because there are so many unanswered questions. Today some of those questions will be answered - it's going to be very interesting.

Best case scenario = he agrees he won't move before 1st June.

Worst case scenario = he was offered the job and took it down.