No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Sorry to those still expecting this to be on, I doubt very much it is given not only the story that is being reported but also the way in which it is reported.

To be honest I'm not that bothered. If it is family reasons though, if it isn't and there is something else to this then I have no confidence for the rest of the search.

What Lerner has to do now is not cock up again. Has to go all out for lambert now, not kmac or Grayson.

I do hope this news though makes people a little more cautious with supposed itk and rumour and gossip. You place too much store by that and still expecting that to pay off, even now, is unwise imo

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. If Lerner comes in with a big offer then I can't see the Molde board saying no.

I think it's dead in the water tbh, let it go

I know, it's not going to happen just hypothetically though :winkold:

I have just read the last 20 odd pages to catch up and its laughable!!

VT members managed to spin a "leaked" story into a mass hysteria clamoring for the appointment of OGS. Even when the club and OGS stated they were nothing but preliminary talks and others would be interviewed the masses on here were insistent that something else was going on based mostly on nothing but conjecture. It was worked into a frenzy based pretty much on nothing.

Last night, apparently OGS turned down a job we have yet to offer him and all of sudden, we are now up in arms at the way the club conducts its managerial search, how bad RL/PF are, how we are going to end up with Mick McCarthy. Again, based on nothing, I say again, NOTHING, people have lurched from one extreme to another!! Its crazy.

All I will say is, we and the majority of the press know very little about the candidates, interviews and thoughts relating to the appointment of our new manager. Therefore, rather than wind ourselves up into a frenzy of feast or famine, why dont you take a chill pill, relax and see what the next few days bring. The club have stated that the manger will by young, ambitious and reinvigorate the club. I trust them to do that, preferring to see "he who shall not be named" as an aberration rather than the norm.

Jees!

Why all the vitriol at Lerner again

They tried to land him, he didn't want to come

Get over it

What "vitriol" ? If you are referring to my post then yoo need to wait to see who we finally do appoint as I would guess some of the posts then from others on this site would make mine look like praise if he makes another cock up

Can any norwegian VTer translate this article? http://www.tk.no/sporten/fotball/article6072331.ece

It supposedly says that OGS haven't confirmed that he said no to AVFC.

I wrote about this just a few posts above yours, if you had paid attention.

Oh, I see.

If you run this article from Tidens Krav (main local paper) trough Google Translate without knowing Norwegian it appears plain that OGS has indeed confirmed his alleged "no".

In reality it's a Google **** up. The message is about the opposite, namely that OGS consciously avoided confirming it when confronted with Bryan Doogan's claim, referring to a forthcoming PC after Molde pratice tomorrow (or today, if you like!).

Not that I think it matters, but I wonder how many journos getting fooled by that error.

OGS and Molde have confirmed that they will talk to the press after the training session starting today at 10.30 CET.

To kiss and make up. If it was anything other than that it would be Villa hosting the presser. Stick a fork in this one. It's done...sigh

OGS and Molde have confirmed that they will talk to the press after the training session starting today at 10.30 CET.

So we'll find out in afternoon what's going on.

IF PF/RL/Board had not gotten him to sign contract instantly he said yes, it's just **** up beyond belief. Never should take anyone's word in anything like that before they have actually signed.

The end of the day, we never offered him a job, he's just decided for whatever reasons that he no longer wishes to be one of the people we're considering. It's not Lerner's fault, it's not Faulkner's fault, it's not anyone at Villa's fault. It's just one of those things.

Gutted, but difficult to be angry. I think the major issue with all of this is that we genuinely have little idea of anyone who's got the ability to have the level of backing that OGS had can step into the fray now. Going to be a big win for a "second choice" to come in as the fans would have les patience with them to turn things around.

I think it's a positive that we've considered OGS as it shows a desire to form a "new era".

Onwards and upwards, I hope.

Well, after a night of thinking about it, I have come to the conclusion that...

1. **** OGS :lol: - If he thinks he's better off managing a team who play in front of 8-10k people each week that's up to him. Him not coming to us for me is a lack of confidence in his own ability.

2. **** OGS :lol: (Bitter much? - Yes!)

But seriously, was very exciting, gutted it hasnt come off. But oh well, we're Aston Villa and we're much bigger than OGS!

Go make Lambert happen Randy. He's the next best thing IMO.