Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

So basically people are saying you can take the piss out the club and the fans for the best part of two years but it's ok. As that's in the past and we move on and forget this?! Why cause he has finally decided he is a professional athlete and actually is putting in the hard work he should of been doing all along ?! But I guess posting a pic of car is much worse isn't it? 

I hate gabby for many reasons and can/will never forgive him for the way he has treated us. Not forgetting the fact he is just shit ! And I couldn't care less about this apparent attitude change. Too little too late. The mans a parasite and deserves all the hate and more. I just can't get my head around how anyone can forgive him or supports his reintegration into the squad. But hey that's why POV and that's the joy of living in a society that allows and tolerates differing view points with equal measure, and the fun of forums. 

What he said......

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

I think the fact that he was able to get away with it for so long AND get a new contract epitomizes what was wrong with the running of the club. You can't really blame Gabby for getting away with being overweight or getting a huge salary it's the people who ran the club were at fault.

Oh, I can.... I really can!

I blame the club as well....but Gabby is also to blame.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well the manager seems to think different, and is more qualified than you to make such bold proclamations, end of.

The things he has said regarding the issue are simply common sense, even disregarding "sentiment".

Going in roundabout circles, would be saying that ONE redeeming feature is that he is still our record goalscorer who while people are quick to point out has been "an integral part of our demise" and "everything wrong with this football club", conveniently forget he was also an integral part of our "rise" in the same breath.

Not the end of at all, I have watched him for over 10 years, and apart from a couple of seasons early on have never seen anything in him that warrants anything like the support he gets. Bruce has been on the receiving end of him when he was fired up and performing, and seems to think that somehow that Gabby is still in there. On the other hand, I think that SB knows he is shit, and will never play him but probably has to say some of these things. 

Gabby is only our leading goalscorer because he has been here for so long (and no one else wanted him). His goal tallies per season as our "main man" are pathetic, and one of the reasons we are where we are.  A better Main man.......who knows where we might be. And don't give me this guff about playing on the wing. Young scored lots from the wing, and I'm sure Ayew will as well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Were they? Richards, Bacuna, Lescott, Okore... Grealish? 

I have forgiven all but one of those players and that's mostly because he's not here anymore to forgive. I'm kinda done with holding on to the misery.

We'll always have the inflatable cock with his face on it to look back to and chuckle... and respect to him for sticking to his word and wanting to come back from that, regardless what happens from here. The relationship was strained both ways was it not? 

Of course, I agree, others took the piss as well, but I was merely refuting the point made by the poster, in pointing out that not the entire squad did it.

I highlighted Agbonlahor simply because he is supposedly `one of us'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Maybe it's time we all stopped looking back in anger?

Nah **** that where he's concerned ! 

But I guess if the same goes for Lerner fairs fair ?! ;) 

Gabby doesn't deserve a second chance cause he's shit, his attitude these past 2 years if not longer has been a joke and embarrassment. He had 2/3 good seasons at best in a career of what 11-12 years. He has no footballing brain. His legs will soon be gone if they haven't already. His finishing has never been lethal, his passing has been great. 

Lerner foolishly gave him a new contract out of personal loyalty and stupidity, and how did Gabby repay him and the personal faith placed in him? he got fat and lost interest and took the piss out of the club he supposedly love and the fans. 

Hiding behind and making the excuse of the club being rudderless is just poor, If he such a fan with a shrine (sic) then where was the personal pride? Where was the fight ? The guys a joke waste of space IMO and I hope he rots and drops down the leagues into obscurity as soon as possible. He doesn't give a **** about the fans, he claims to love the club only when it suits him. 

I also find it rather sad personally that people want him around just cause he scored a goal once, twice against the Blues how many seasons ago? if it was a SHA fan talking about one of there own in similar circumstances we would be taking the flat out piss and calling them smalltime. 

The sooner this stain is washed from our memories and history the better. 

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nah **** that where he's concerned ! 

But I guess if the same goes for Lerner fairs fair ?! 

Gabby doesn't deserve a second chance cause he's shit, his attitude these past 2 years has been a joke. He had 2-3 good seasons at best in a career of what 11-12 years. He has no footballing brain. His legs will soon be gone if they haven't already. 

Lerner foolishly gave him a new contract out of personal loyalty and stupidity, and how did Gabby repay him and the personal faith placed in him? he got fat and lost interest. Hiding behind and making the excuse of the club being rudderless is just poor, If he such a fan with a shrine (sic) then where was the personal pride? Where was the fight ? The guys a joke waste of space IMO and I hope he rots and drops down the leagues into obscurity as soon as possible. He doesn't give a **** about the fans, he claims to love the club only when it suits him. 

I find it rather sad personally that people want him around just cause he scored a goal once, twice against the Blues how many seasons ago? if it was a SHA fan we would be taking the flat out piss and calling them smalltime. 

The sooner this stain is washed from our memories and history the better. 

Not sure what Lerner has to do with it. The two aren't really comparable but for what it's worth, no I don't hold any anger towards him anymore. 

He was given a contract yes, then it was a full 14 months before Remi Garde declared him unfit. I don't know what was going on in Gabby's personal life either, I presume neither do you. 

The rest of your post is just more of the same frothing at the mouth stuff to be honest, some of it hinting that I'm small time and making excuses for him based on 1 or 2 goals. Neither of which I think warrant discussion and there's no point us going round in circles. 

10 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Cut nose off to spite face??????? Really?????? If he was a top top player then maybe I would grudgingly agree that we may have to use him, but he isn't - even at his prime there was massive debate about whether he was any good or not.

Do you not get that this guy does not DESERVE another chance. He really does not. There are other players at the club that deserve a chance FAR more than he does and will likely do as good if not better a job. After all, it is not difficult to run around like a headless chicken for five minutes then stand there hands on hips puffing and blowing and looking disinterested.

There is not an asset in there, there really isn't. Maybe 5 years ago you could have argued that there may be, but there isn't anymore. He had very little football skill to start with, I doubt his new exercise bike has improved that.

We have put a lot of effort into removing the malaise and attitude problems from this club and you think we should invite one of the main culprits back with open arms just because he was good (arguable - fast, yes, good - debatable) 5 years ago? He cant and wont do a job for us. Once he feels that he is back "in" he will revert to type, his sort always do. He has NOT ONE redeeming feature. NOT ONE.

Would rather Xia and Bruce bought or loaned someone in Jan.

Ultimately there has to be some responsibility in society and having him back sends the message that you can do whatever the **** you like and there are no consequences. We cannot be so desperate and panicked that we accept this sack of shit back into the fold. NO NO NO NO NO.

One of the best posts I have seen in this thread! To you sir I doff my cap.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not sure what Lerner has to do with it. The two aren't really comparable but for what it's worth, no I don't hold any anger towards him anymore. 

He was given a contract yes, then it was a full 14 months before Remi Garde declared him unfit. I don't know what was going on in Gabby's personal life either, I presume neither do you. 

The rest of your post is just more of the same frothing at the mouth stuff to be honest, some of it hinting that I'm small time and making excuses for him based on 1 or 2 goals. Neither of which I think warrant discussion and there's no point us going round in circles. 

Wasn't aiming it at you specifically but if you took it that way then so be it. Your right though we are all fans of equal measure and our views all have equal weight and there is no need to go around in circles debating each other/Gabby. 

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Not the end of at all, I have watched him for over 10 years, and apart from a couple of seasons early on have never seen anything in him that warrants anything like the support he gets. Bruce has been on the receiving end of him when he was fired up and performing, and seems to think that somehow that Gabby is still in there. On the other hand, I think that SB knows he is shit, and will never play him but probably has to say some of these things. 

Gabby is only our leading goalscorer because he has been here for so long (and no one else wanted him). His goal tallies per season as our "main man" are pathetic, and one of the reasons we are where we are.  A better Main man.......who knows where we might be. And don't give me this guff about playing on the wing. Young scored lots from the wing, and I'm sure Ayew will as well. 

Great post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Well ayew hasn't yet and young was a top class winger signed by Manchester united, not a striker asked to play out of position. Daft comparison IMO.

Gabby was excellent throughout the MON years, not just a couple of seasons. 

I think it's a shame the way it's ended so I'm hopeful he can have one last moment before it ends. 

• Like 2

If he comes into the side and helps us win and get up then I couldn't care less what's happened in the past. Last year I never wanted Bacuna to play for us again, but now he is working hard and helping us win. So why can't Gabby? Is it fickle, yes it is but who cares, that's how football is. The club has been such a shit storm the last few years that all I care about now is us winning

• Like 3

Can he concentrate for 6 weeks to get himself in shape and then continue that until the end of the season?

I dont begrudge him, if Id earnt a lift times worth of income and then some before I was 30 id not give a shit.

From the outside in, sort yourself our gabby, youve let everyone down in the last 3 years. Your living the dream. 

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well ayew hasn't yet and young was a top class winger signed by Manchester united, not a striker asked to play out of position. Daft comparison IMO.

Gabby was excellent throughout the MON years, not just a couple of seasons. 

I think it's a shame the way it's ended so I'm hopeful he can have one last moment before it ends. 

No he wasn't he was bang average like he has always been- just quicker that's all.

39 minutes ago, Dave J said:

If he scores a winner for us - I'll be delighted for us as a club- for him. Hell no!

I'm with you on this, no one player makes Aston Villa, and ultimately 3points whoever scores is the name of the game and if it's Gabby then so be it. Won't change my views on him but will scream with joy non the less as I do with every Villa goal.

Would rather Hepburn-Murphy became our new hero as he is the future rather than Gabby writing a redemption story but hey I don't get paid £3mill or whatever a season to make these decisions just pay to have my views. And just want the club to be the best it can be. 

UTV VTID 

Â