Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Zooming in he still seems to have that lower belly fat. He looked shredded a month of two back. Not sure what is going on??

Maybe it's just an unflattering picture..

He seems to look like that whenever he plays for whatever reason. Then he'll post a pic on instagram with him completely shredded lol, it's weird

Sorry for the late response, Long workdays and a lot of travelling.

It was suggested that "some posters" are jealous of Gaby because of the 60kpw.

If I could claim to play for not only my boyhood club but my national side, score winning goals in front of the Holte, v the Scum, away @ ManUre/Arse and wherever else. Become club captain I would be very proud of myself. 

However, in my humble life I may have achieved the equivelent in my field of work and allow my self the honour of being proud of my own achievements that I have set out and worked for.

But the main point I would argue is that, One is always remembered by what is the now, recent or how one finishes their stint.

So, to be a disappointment to the majority of fans, disliked by many and hated by a number of fans, A/more than one failed relationships, A number of children dotted here there and everywhere, a flop at his job with no future insight, the unhealthy lifestyle and whatever else goes with it, would not be the way I would want to be remembered for.

All for the thought of being "compensated" with 60kpw?

sorry, but not for me, I have too much self pride to lead such a life style.

60kpw wouldnt be enough. I'd need a lot more in one huge lump, take a year or so off to get my life and head sorted so that "if/when I could return to the fold" I could prove myself again (in whatever field I'd choose)

Just to sign off from "working/occupational life" and take a slice would simply be so unfullfilling for me.

Anyway, more to the point of this thread. The PR coming out is purely cosmetics. Gaby waited out in hope of a new manager, new chance, is sitting out his contract and theres nothing the club can do but to dress it up in the hope that

1- someone comes in for him

2- If the january window targets dont materialise Gaby could sit on the bench while Gestede, MacCormack, Grealish avoid injuries & suspensions till the Acons are back.

Sad that its come to this, but give someone enough rope and they will indeed hang themselves. The only thing is, Gaby has really pushed the boat out beyond the coast gaued, the club gave him enough rope, but we havent got a gallow, and lacked the balls to pay for the push.

• Like 4

On 23/10/2016 at 12:51, nazvfc said:

So many holier than thou though it seems. I'd say what Young and Yorke did once they left us is worse. Yorke to suck up to the blue noses and young for kissing the badge in front of the fans. 

The difference being that when Young and Yorke decided that they didn't want to play for the club anymore they left. 

Gabby has retired but still draws his hefty wage. The bloke is an absolute parasite and his attitude last season whilst club captain shows exactly what he thinks of this club. So lets not put him in the same bracket as guys like Yorke and Young, the bloke belongs in the same basket as Steve Hodge in my mind. 

On 10/23/2016 at 12:51, nazvfc said:

Seems so buddy . Forgot to put the emoji smiley face on. If Bruce wants to give him a fresh start and he helps if then I think fans should swallow thier pride and accept it. I've been a fan 54 years and I've seen crappier than gabby don our shirts. Forgive and maybe not forget but support if he decides to turn a new leaf. 

So many holier than thou though it seems. I'd say what Young and Yorke did once they left us is worse. Yorke to suck up to the blue noses and young for kissing the badge in front of the fans. 

probably  get slated now on here for saying what I did. 

Going off topic I know, but curious what you mean by Young kissing the badge. Do you mean him kissing the Villa badge (and then subsequently leaving) or did he kiss the United badge in front of the Villa fans? Not something I was aware of .... 

by all accounts he is working hard to get back.....the "washing board" in the middle is making a reappearance and the attitude to return, seems good....hopefully the legs will carry him.

its doable.....especially at this level.

but SB has given him 6 weeks for a reason.

He has a chance to redeem himself and help us gain promotion....He either takes it or he don't.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Going off topic I know, but curious what you mean by Young kissing the badge. Do you mean him kissing the Villa badge (and then subsequently leaving) or did he kiss the United badge in front of the Villa fans? Not something I was aware of .... 

He kissed the Man U badge in front of the holte end! 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

by all accounts he is working hard to get back.....the "washing board" in the middle is making a reappearance and the attitude to return, seems good....hopefully the legs will carry him.

its doable.....especially at this level.

but SB has given him 6 weeks for a reason.

He has a chance to redeem himself and help us gain promotion....He either takes it or he don't.

I can't see this happening before January tbh although this might tie in with the 6 weeks that you speak of TRO ? I for one sincerely hope not though  I just want him gone. As for the Yorke/ Young bashers on here-  at least they could/can both play the game - I loved to watch both of them. As for Gabby I would not cross my road to watch him.

'We have put him on a programme of how he can be in better shape. I don't think I will waver from that,' said Bruce. 

'But he came yesterday and wanted to travel with us. That shows signs of improvement from him.

'As I have said from day one he is a top player who has been playing at the top level all his life. He will score goals if we can get him tuned in to what we want, the kind of condition where he is ready for a game of football. 

Bruce on Gabby, travelling on the coach this weekend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3880228/Gabby-Agbonlahor-granted-permission-travel-Aston-Villa-derby-against-Birmingham.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

2 hours ago, nazvfc said:

He kissed the Man U badge in front of the holte end! 

Which game?

I remember Young was rightly applauded at the start on his first return...then did a late tackle on a Villa player and got booed thereafter.

And then the dive in the Old Trafford game which is fair enough.

Anyway on local news tonight they showed us training and Gabby was right amongst the group so I'd suggest he's off this 6 week intensive course given he's training with the squad again and his return is imminent....

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe he'll respond to Bruce's arm round the shoulder approach. MON thought the world of him and Gabby responded for most of his reign and Lambert got a bit out of him for 6 months.

Other managers take the hardline approach and he doesn't want to know.

Regardless we're stuck with him and he'll be playing for us again I think so will be a lively thread yet again this one.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Â