Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

51 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Some fans for more years than others it would appear.

Seems so buddy . Forgot to put the emoji smiley face on. If Bruce wants to give him a fresh start and he helps if then I think fans should swallow thier pride and accept it. I've been a fan 54 years and I've seen crappier than gabby don our shirts. Forgive and maybe not forget but support if he decides to turn a new leaf. 

So many holier than thou though it seems. I'd say what Young and Yorke did once they left us is worse. Yorke to suck up to the blue noses and young for kissing the badge in front of the fans. 

probably  get slated now on here for saying what I did. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

So it's not really unprofessionalism but personal bias and ultimately double standards?

What! I have no idea where your driving this- I am making no observations whatsoever on either Gabby or Jack based on their professionalism. My apologies if you thought so- I am just saying in my very humble opinion Gabby is not a good professional footballer- something regulars on here will be fully aware of, and it's a view I have held since the day I clapped eyes on him- on the other hand, yes I believe Jack can play- this is my only point that I am making here.

22 minutes ago, Dave J said:

What! I have no idea where your driving this- I am making no observations whatsoever on either Gabby or Jack based on their professionalism. My apologies if you thought so- I am just saying in my very humble opinion Gabby is not a good professional footballer- something regulars on here will be fully aware of, and it's a view I have held since the day I clapped eyes on him- on the other hand, yes I believe Jack can play- this is my only point that I am making here.

Maybe I misinterpreted your post.

It reads like -  "I have nothing personal against him, but he isn't professional enough to represent Aston Villa".

If you were referring to his football ability then I apologize.

Personally, when at his best, I think he is more influential than Grealish, but we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

Gabby's 'best' lasted for about 15 minutes around 7 years ago.

Given that we're paying him and if he commits to at least trying to be a footballer again then I have no issue in considering him for selection (considering being the operative word as I can't see him displacing any of the current striking options unless there's an injury crisis and even then I'd rather see Green/Hepburn-Murphy ahead of him).

I can't wait for his contract to end though, his time is up, he's just milking it for all he can now.

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder how he's played, it is, at the very least intriguing.

Well no goals,  what a surprise there then! . Probably struggled to run onto any passes put his way. 

He was all about pace and working hard when he was in his prime but over the last few seasons both of these seem to have been lost. He was also starting to look out of shape too which was worrying. His body language on the pitch came across as if he'd given up, which I know isn't true but that's just how it looked at times. Part of me still believes he could be useful this season but I need to see it to believe it now. If he's working hard and looking decent then give him one last chance to prove it to all of us.

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Gabby's 'best' lasted for about 15 minutes around 7 years ago.

Given that we're paying him and if he commits to at least trying to be a footballer again then I have no issue in considering him for selection (considering being the operative word as I can't see him displacing any of the current striking options unless there's an injury crisis and even then I'd rather see Green/Hepburn-Murphy ahead of him).

I can't wait for his contract to end though, his time is up, he's just milking it for all he can now.

Don't forget we lose most of our strikers to the African Cup of Nations. We're going to be very very short then. Once again I have to wonder about RDM's thinking on that. Very odd strategy not to have considered this. 

If there was one game this season he would play, it would be home against the Binrats. He usually plays well against rivals. Not this weekend, though. This game is too important for experiments.

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How does he even warrant a start ahead of everyone else?

So he has played 60 odd minutes for the u23's and he is fancied by some to just be thrown in.   Strange.

Because he scores against them.

Â