Gestede

RMC

Kozak

Grealish 

RHM

Green

+ January additions. 

+ Pissed off chairman.

Even the African cup of nations won't be enough to see Gabby back in team, he's done here. 

That's not the most convincing bunch bar RMC. If he sorted himself out and still had pace I'd give him a chance. If he can add something I believe Bruce could deal with him. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

That's not the most convincing bunch bar RMC. If he sorted himself out and still had pace I'd give him a chance. If he can add something I believe Bruce could deal with him. 

Yeah Kozak is gone, Grealish and Green are not strikers. RHM is very young and raw but we'll see. Let's hope that exercise bike ain't just for piling clothes on now

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Oh i agree its a pretty sorry bunch, but all of them are currently ahead of Gabby, which tells its own story. 

Honestly mate i would put my mortgage on the fact that Gabby will never play for us again. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Oh i agree its a pretty sorry bunch, but all of them are currently ahead of Gabby, which tells its own story. 

Honestly mate i would put my mortgage on the fact that Gabby will never play for us again. 

I think you are going to be disappointed

I have given my take what I think of GA in recent posts.

SB is basically telling him here's his final chance of keeping anything of a football career and the onus is on him now.

Get your head out your arse, get yourself match fit and fight for a position or the club is going to dump you out of sight.

Obviously GA has got away with murder with managers since Graham Taylor MKII but I feel with this manager he has met his match and his bullshit is not going to wash anymore.

Personally I do not think he deserves to wear the shirt again but I wouldn't be suprised that if he where ever to be available for selection again that the manager would pick him and defy the fans and boot a new lease of life into him - but also at the same time he equally needs to want it.

Do I agree, no. But since when has a football manager ever taken notice of what fans think, enough to sway a team selection otherwise?

If this is not last chance saloon for someone then I don't know what is!

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well the fundamental difference being - Jack Grealish can play.

And has been said a million times, I guess Gabby has never "played" for Villa. You should prob do the groundhog day ritual and have a look at his record.

Anyway, I am genuinely shocked for such a despised player his detractors keep bumping this thread! 

It would be  really really nice if he played a game in January, plays his socks off, scores a goal or two, is heavily involved, and is a constant nuisance to the opposition, making a statement " That's why I didn't go to Reading. I have unfinished business here. I know I have upset people here, but I want to make amends the only way I know how, by playing the best football I can".

But this is just a wonderful dream. He is 30 now. He did very little when he should have been in his prime. It is very hard to come back from that, no matter how much fitness work he does. It is hard to hold any hope for a positive comeback, and any comeback will merely be Gabby trying to jump the shark. With a unicycle.

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And has been said a million times, I guess Gabby has never "played" for Villa. You should prob do the groundhog day ritual and have a look at his record.

Anyway, I am genuinely shocked for such a despised player his detractors keep bumping this thread! 

Well I guess your probably right about the thread- but let's be fair JV you indulge don't you? 

As for his record- it's really not great is it? Let's have it right 

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We could be left with Gabby and Ross up top during January.

4-5-1 sounds good then, McCormack up top with Gabby left back......

........left back at the training ground having not been allowed on the bus

:trollface:

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We could be left with Gabby and Ross up top during January.

I was actually going to ask if given the option of A.Signing a top midfielder in January and using Gabby as a striker or B.Signing another forward and keeping the current midfield, what would the majority choose?

(I think Gestede will be here too, Benin have been knocked out no?)

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Obviously GA has got away with murder with managers since Graham Taylor MKII but I feel with this manager he has met his match and his bullshit is not going to wash anymore.

GT left in 2003, Gabby made his debut in 2005

Gabby was fine up until the last few years but since then he has been shit.

• Like 1

Â