Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Does anyone else not give a shit if it's him or not. Really couldn't care less as long as he keeps doing the business on the pitch is all I care about. He is possibly using Twitter for his own amusement.

I do give a shit, if it's actually him.

If he's making homophobic or derogatory remarks on Twitter, I'm sure he will be held liable for them. I believe the players have a social media policy that they must adhere to, and I'd hazard a guess at whatever comments being made falling outside that policy (I haven't seen the comments myself, I'm just going by what people have said on this thread).

If the jackals in the media pick up on it, I'm sure they'll find a way to blow it way out of proportion and that will negatively reflect on him and the club.

Of course, this is all assuming that it actually is Gabby.

Does anyone else not give a shit if it's him or not. Really couldn't care less as long as he keeps doing the business on the pitch is all I care about. He is possibly using Twitter for his own amusement.

I do give a shit, if it's actually him.

If he's making homophobic or derogatory remarks on Twitter, I'm sure he will be held liable for them. I believe the players have a social media policy that they must adhere to, and I'd hazard a guess at whatever comments being made falling outside that policy (I haven't seen the comments myself, I'm just going by what people have said on this thread).

If the jackals in the media pick up on it, I'm sure they'll find a way to blow it way out of proportion and that will negatively reflect on him and the club.

Of course, this is all assuming that it actually is Gabby.

You would never be able to prove it's him or not. So it's a pointless exercise. He would claim it to be a cousin, a brother a friend etc etc.

If he was making homophobic comments then yes I do care if it was him. Homophobia is illegal in this country and rightly so. I wonder if you'd be so dismissive of this if he was being racist and not homophobic? I doubt it very much.

Whoever it is, the tweets do not excuse the nature of the nastiness. I thought it was funny at first but it's escalated out of hand now.

This can be approached in two different ways (both similar):

Is it definitely Gabby? - If so, then he needs to stop what he's doing immediately and delete his Twitter before either the club, the media or the police pick up on it. I'm surprised no one has grassed him up yet, especially the guy who is pissing him off.

Is it an imposter? - If it is an imposter using videos from Gabby then they need to be reported to the police straight away. Gabby needs to be told about it (maybe via the club) and his "mate" either needs to stop **** around and get a bollocking and of course, delete the account. The club probably won't put out a statement saying it's a fake account because it's private and doesn't have Gabby's name on it, so that's his get out clause, I guess. Either way, something needs to be done.

Personally, I think it is Gabby. It's irrelevant whether or not any players have interacted with Gabby on Twitter, it's up to whoever is controlling the account to give access to individuals, and maybe Gabby has opened the account not to have that interaction with them?

What's the deal with claustrophobia ? When did they start making irrational fears illegal ?

Slippery slope if you ask me.

It would be a bit masochistic if the punishment for the fear of closed spaces was to be put into a jail cell.
  • Like 4

What's the deal with claustrophobia ? When did they start making irrational fears illegal ?

It would be a bit masochistic if the punishment for the fear of closed spaces was to be put into a jail cell.

Scroedinger's cat was claustrophobic. True story.

Scroedinger's cat was claustrophobic. True story.

'Was' or 'is'?

• Like 4

Whoever it is, the tweets do not excuse the nature of the nastiness. I thought it was funny at first but it's escalated out of hand now.

Is it definitely Gabby? - If so, then he needs to stop what he's doing immediately and delete his Twitter before either the club, the media or the police pick up on it. I'm surprised no one has grassed him up yet, especially the guy who is pissing him off.

Is it an imposter? - If it is an imposter using videos from Gabby then they need to be reported to the police straight away. Gabby needs to be told about it (maybe via the club) and his "mate" either needs to stop **** around and get a bollocking and of course, delete the account. The club probably won't put out a statement saying it's a fake account because it's private and doesn't have Gabby's name on it, so that's his get out clause, I guess. Either way, something needs to be done.

Personally, I think it is Gabby. It's irrelevant whether or not any players have interacted with Gabby on Twitter, it's up to whoever is controlling the account to give access to individuals, and maybe Gabby has opened the account not to have that interaction with them?

Police? He hasn't done anything illegal.

Edited by Mantis

Police? He hasn't done anything illegal.

That's true but he has been making threats to go down and beat up that guy, surely that's not right?

Apparently the police closed his last account down as well.

If he was making homophobic comments then yes I do care if it was him. Homophobia is illegal in this country and rightly so. I wonder if you'd be so dismissive of this if he was being racist and not homophobic? I doubt it very much.

Oh so you noted the Sikh, and then turned it into Racism. Where did I condone his comments about Homophobia? What I said all this, it's him it's not. It's really getting boring. This topic is to talk about his Villa form not his could be Twitter Account.

Okay I have no idea what this discussion is about. I'm here just to say he deserves to be in the England squad. He has been unplayable for us recently and I can't believe he's only 26; it feels like he's been here forever. Oh well, their loss.

means he is no risk of getting injured while playing or training for England.  

Yup. I agree that's good for us but for him he deserves to be rewarded for his form with the honour of playing for his country. It might also kick him on with his form.

Â