Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Hes on around 60 a week which is pretty ridiculous but then houllier did throw around some silly contracts, havent see the game today apart from the goals but sounds like he played a blinder, very high praise from lambert.

I dunno, how much is somebody worth who creates 2 penalties at the Emirates (not named Koscielny or Sczesznzeszezezezy)?

Hes on around 60 a week which is pretty ridiculous but then houllier did throw around some silly contracts, havent see the game today apart from the goals but sounds like he played a blinder, very high praise from lambert.

It's ridiculous if he doesn't perform well, but if he puts in performances like today all season then he'll definitely be worth it.

• Like 1

Of course you could say that now lamberts got him playing well again but think about the time he actually got the contract. To get a contract like that under lambert you'd have to be a superstar ala benteke..

Yeah he probably didn't deserve it under Houllier, but it was probably a deal Houllier made to try and sweeten the fans by tying down a favourite.

in the context of what some others at villa and especially what some others around the league are on I don't actually think that's that bad...

he might not be our "best" player but he's certainly one of our better ones, id guess the likes of Newcastle and even Fulham pay far more for their better players, Newcastle pay £60k a week to their bang average players don't they?

Edited by villa4europe

At his best, he's unplayable, which when you combine him with Benteke is a nightmare for any team.  Gabby is very quick and strong and Benteke is a beast.  Even with Benteke not at his absolute best, and Weimann really having an off day, we still had too much for them up front.  Great stuff.

• Like 3

in the context of what some others at villa and especially what some others around the league are on I don't actually think that's that bad...

he might not be our "best" player but he's certainly one of our better ones, id guess the likes of Newcastle and even Fulham pay far more for their better players, Newcastle pay £60k a week to their bang average players don't they?

Highly doubt they pay anyone 60k a week.

Highly doubt they pay anyone 60k a week.

Oh I dunno. I suspect Newcastle use the Martin O'Neill Handbook on Financial Management

• Like 1

Think Gabby has lost a bit of pace over the past couple of years but his technique and overall play has improved nicely. No longer just a speed merchant.

He's lost less pace than I expected him to. He is still seriously seriously quick.

He's only 26 ffs

Think Gabby has lost a bit of pace over the past couple of years but his technique and overall play has improved nicely. No longer just a speed merchant.

I disagree about his loss of speed.

I think he looks as fast as he's done in a long time.

• Like 2

Â