All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Same thing .

Both are paedo rings.

Free masons too?

What is wrong with people?

They've popped up all over Melbourne in a big way.

An entire hospital was bought out and rebranded by them, but they've even got buildings in the suburbs.

• 2 months later...

Pakistan blasphemy case: Asia Bibi freed from jail

08 November 2018

Asia Bibi, a Pakistani Christian woman acquitted of blasphemy after spending eight years on death row, has been freed from prison.

Last week's Supreme Court ruling sparked violent protests from Islamists and the government agreed to their demand to stop her leaving Pakistan.

News of her release led to some confusion, with reports she had been taken to another country.

But the foreign office later said she was still in Pakistan.

The case is highly sensitive and Information Minister Fawad Hussein said journalists had been "extremely irresponsible" in reporting she had left the country without official confirmation.

Those reports were based on comments from her lawyer, Saiful Malook, who has been granted temporary asylum in the Netherlands after facing death threats.

Asia Bibi's husband had said they were in danger and pleaded for asylum. A number of Western countries are understood to have held discussions with Asia Bibi's family about granting them asylum.

The mother-of-five was released from prison in the city of Multan on Wednesday and the foreign office says she is in "a safe place in Pakistan".

Also known as Asia Noreen, she was convicted in 2010 of insulting the Prophet Muhammad during a row with neighbours.

The Pakistani government has said it will start legal proceedings to prevent her going abroad after agreeing the measure to end the violent protests.

IMany of the protesters were hardliners who support strong blasphemy laws and called for Asia Bibi to be hanged.

One Islamist leader said all three Supreme Court judges also "deserved to be killed".

A spokesman for the hardline Tehreek-e-Labaik (TLP) party, which blocked roads in major cities for several days, said Asia Bibi's release was in breach of their deal with the government.

"The rulers have showed their dishonesty," TLP spokesman Ejaz Ashrafi told Reuters.

The deal also saw officials agree not to block a petition for the Supreme Court to evaluate Asia Bibi's acquittal in the light of Islamic Sharia law.

What was Asia Bibi accused of?

The trial stems from an argument Asia Bibi had with a group of women in June 2009.

They were harvesting fruit when a row broke out about a bucket of water. The women said that because she had used a cup, they could no longer touch it, as her faith had made it unclean.

Prosecutors alleged that in the row which followed, the women said Asia Bibi should convert to Islam and that she made offensive comments about the Prophet Muhammad in response.

She was later beaten up at her home, during which her accusers say she confessed to blasphemy. She was arrested after a police investigation.

Acquitting her, the Supreme Court said that the case was based on unreliable evidence and her confession was delivered in front of a crowd "threatening to kill her".

Why is this case so divisive?

Islam is Pakistan's national religion and underpins its legal system. Public support for the strict blasphemy laws is strong.

Hard-line politicians have often backed severe punishments, partly as a way of shoring up their support base.

But critics say the laws have often been used to exact revenge after personal disputes, and that convictions are based on thin evidence.

The vast majority of those convicted are Muslims or members of the Ahmadi community who identify themselves as Muslims but are regarded as heretical by orthodox Islam. Since the 1990s scores of Christians have also been convicted. They make up just 1.6% of the population.

The Christian community has been targeted by numerous attacks in recent years, leaving many feeling vulnerable to a climate of intolerance.

Since 1990, at least 65 people have reportedly been killed in Pakistan over claims of blasphemy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-46130189

IMG_20181110_135440.png

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed reading this:

Becoming like Christ involves the humility to accept that God knows better than you do about any particular fact, and that Christ is Who grants you true freedom. "True freedom" is extending that humility to the recognition that you are don't have the right nor have you been blessed with the insight to better run anyone's life but your own, and those children who have been entrusted to you and for whom you are still responsible for raising (side note: this period of responsibility ends sooner than most parents would like to admit).

It makes perfect sense ethically; In spiritual governance, the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles don't meddle in the area affairs of area seventies, who don't meddle in the affairs of stake presidents, who leave Bishops to be autonomous, who don't direct individual families. In ideal physical governance, why should any entity at the top be concerned with the specific actions and methods of any entity below it?

We can't craft a governing system that can discern every circumstance with full clarity, the nature of governance is that it is consistent despite individual circumstances. This is why it should be absolutely minimal when it comes to individual lives and actions. If government were used to encourage or enforce "good policy", the logical and eventual conclusion is that government should structure everything to optimize everyone's life-when you sleep, what you eat, how you exercise, everything.

"True freedom" results in the pains of misusing agency, yes, but in mortality we're going to experience horrible things no matter how well managed we are. This was the very war we fought in pre-mortality: Faith in the growth offered by freedom and our capacity to eventually become like Christ, or fear that we will fall short or suffer and to eliminate all risk (and all growth). Every single person on this Earth stuck with freedom for the first round. Given that we have received a Savior who paid for our mistakes and not a would-be who would force us with divine power and knowledge, changing our faith and allegiance to a system of compulsion run by fellow mortals for the second round seems absurd.

I'll have nothing said against Freemasons ! Their 'Ladies Night' gigs were always good payers😎 . It appears that they take it in turns to organise the night, so if we went down well, next years bloke would come up at the end of the night and ask if we could do next year and how much we charged. Because he was usually surrounded by his mates we used to ask for more than we could normally get and he wouldn't refuse for fear of appearing 'tight' in front of his mates. (used to be a lot of police at those gigs  - in the audience I mean). 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That is so full of holes and non-sequiturs I don't know where to begin. A few grains of commonsense buried in a mass of twaddle. 

I stopped at the third word. The author assumes that the reader wants to be like a misnamed character from a collection of short stories by many unknown authors, translated and edited many times to fit the contemporaneous requirements for population manipulation.

I bet if Jeshua existed, he'd hate that people don't use his real name. The stories portray an unassuming bloke (most of the time) who wouldn't have wanted these superfluous titles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That is so full of holes and non-sequiturs I don't know where to begin. A few grains of commonsense buried in a mass of twaddle. 

To be fair I didn't and still don't understand parts of it. So I'll take your word for it.

I simply interpreted it as saying that we can never be all-knowing and that a certain level of humility comes with that. That's what resonated with me.

I also interpret the last paragraph to mean that the spirit of Christ has been lost on us in favour of a dogma implemented by people who do not merit such authority.

So in saying that, I don't really know how @limpid has drawn the conclusion that population manipulation (you could be a rapper, limpid. Not that @mjmooney would approve) is the end product or result here. To me it seems just the opposite. The author is saying that we have foregone the true message in favour of a system which would lead us astray,

Perhaps not one of my better posts. But then again not many on this subject seem to be 😆

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

So in saying that, I don't really know how @limpid has drawn the conclusion that population manipulation (you could be a rapper, limpid. Not that @mjmooney would approve) is the end product or result here. To me it seems just the opposite. The author is saying that we have foregone the true message in favour of a system which would lead us astray, 

What "true message"? The one about dividing families? The one about selling all your belongings and buying a sword? Or the one about "dying" for a couple of days to atone for all mankind's sins, which were imposed by him?

• Like 1

Â