All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

6 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The source of all light is the eye.

False.

It's elecromagnetism.

Also, not all eyes see every light wave in the spectrum. Humans can't see infrared for example but some other animals can.

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

So how then did the sun, the earth, the moon, Jupiter, the stars, the universe, come into being?

They are all made of one thing . Energy. 

Gravity did the rest.

There are loads of videos on Youtube that explain how stars, galaxies and planets form.

• Like 1

There was an Olive

The Olive was in the Oil

The Oil was on the table

And the table was in the room

The room was in the building

the building was in the yard

The yard was in the area

And the area was in the town

The town was in the county

the county was in the country

The country was in the union

and the union was in the world

the world was in the universe

the universe was in the stars

Oh, the stars. Oh, oh the stars

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

There was an Olive

The Olive was in the Oil

The Oil was on the table

And the table was in the room

The room was in the building

the building was in the yard

The yard was in the area

And the area was in the town

The town was in the county

the county was in the country

The country was in the union

and the union was in the world

the world was in the universe

the universe was in the stars

Oh, the stars. Oh, oh the stars

Is Liam's 2nd album out ?

With the big bang/God being the creator stuff, I've often wondered is it possible that 'time' doesnt actually exist, it's just our feeble human minds need a way of counting to make sense of things, and we need to believe that everything needs a beginning and end.  I'm probably not making much sense myself.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

With the big bang/God being the creator stuff, I've often wondered is it possible that 'time' doesnt actually exist, it's just our feeble human minds need a way of counting to make sense of things, and we need to believe that everything needs a beginning and end.  I'm probably not making much sense myself.

Spacetime exists. Time on its own doesn't. 

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I like this one:

"It starts now, it didn't begin in the past, there was no past. See, if the universe began in the past when that happened it was now; see, but it's still now — and the universe is still beginning now, and it's trailing off like the wake of a ship from now, and that wake fades out so does the past. You can look back there to explain things, but the explanation disappears. You'll never find it there. Things are not explained by the past, they are explained by what happens Now. That Creates the past, and it begins here."

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The answer is both yes and no because you've not sufficiently defined your terms nor your reference model.

Time isn't related to human minds, feeble or otherwise.

• Like 1

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden. My words echo
Thus, in your mind.
But to what purpose
Disturbing the dust on a bowl of rose-leaves
I do not know.
Other echoes
Inhabit the garden. Shall we follow?”
T. S. Eliot Four Quartets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

They are all made of one thing . Energy. 

Gravity did the rest.

There are loads of videos on Youtube that explain how stars, galaxies and planets form.

As you have probably gathered from my posts, I am not too well versed in the sciences.

I'll spend an hour or two on youtube tonight when I get home tonight and see if it changes my view.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

False.

It's elecromagnetism.

Also, not all eyes see every light wave in the spectrum. Humans can't see infrared for example but some other animals can.

Goes to show that there's something bigger at play than we are equipped to conceive. What is responsible for the intangible?

My point was more that we are not separate from the universe, that we are a part of it. As is everything.

I like @mjmooney 's post on choice of causality.

Â