General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Times being wasted now, it will take the manager another couple of weeks to settle in once he is appointed. The squad needs an overhaul, get it done this week randy, you have had enough time to decide on targets.

Players are also away with the euros which will leave less time for new signings, come on uncle randolph, put some spunk into it.

i can honestly say i dont have a frigging clue who we are going for and i think no-one knows. one think i give lerner and faulkner credit with they certainly know how to keep the fans out of the loop.

but i think if martinez stays at wigan or goes liverpool then its going to be either grayson or k-mac which to me would signal he doenst care about the fans, direction or ambition about the club.

we need someone fresh and young. OGS was a good choice but now he is out poyet, or lambert. adkins might even be a good shout. i am not sure if he signed anew deal but another taht shouldnt be overlooked is brian mcdermott of reading. i been watching him for a while and he really has a lot of potential to be a exceptional manager

i can honestly say i dont have a frigging clue who we are going for and i think no-one knows. one think i give lerner and faulkner credit with they certainly know how to keep the fans out of the loop.

but i think if martinez stays at wigan or goes liverpool then its going to be either grayson or k-mac which to me would signal he doenst care about the fans, direction or ambition about the club.

we need someone fresh and young. OGS was a good choice but now he is out poyet, or lambert. adkins might even be a good shout. i am not sure if he signed anew deal but another taht shouldnt be overlooked is brian mcdermott of reading. i been watching him for a while and he really has a lot of potential to be a exceptional manager

Well the daily express are saying Randy is looking to get it sorted this week. So either Randy has some one secretly lined up ready to join us (highly unlikley) - or its an Internal appointment ie Macdonald.

I think the ones we all thought of as vibrant, Lambert, Martinez, OGS, Rodgers - are all out of the race now.

Well the daily express are saying Randy is looking to get it sorted this week. So either Randy has some one secretly lined up ready to join us (highly unlikley) - or its an Internal appointment ie Macdonald.

I think the ones we all thought of as vibrant, Lambert, Martinez, OGS, Rodgers - are all out of the race now.

The problem is that the press are in the same boat as us and know nothing, all pure speculation.

Bored of this shit now, RL and PF really need to pull something out of the bag because after his last appointment he isnt getting the benefit of the doubt with me and my ST money is staying in my pocket!

Just back from Vegas Gabby in same hotel some of the lads asked him who he thought it would be and he replied with Poyet . We asked based on what he said just a hunch thinking it wouldn't be one of the mainstream . He said I know I havent had a great season ( Understatement ) but said just want someone to come in who will play to benefit the strikers .

In a nutshell players don't know because GG saying Grayson to people and Bent saying Lambert , thing is none of us know :!:

Just back from Vegas Gabby in same hotel some of the lads asked him who he thought it would be and he replied with Poyet . We asked based on what he said just a hunch thinking it wouldn't be one of the mainstream . He said I know I havent had a great season ( Understatement ) but said just want someone to come in who will play to benefit the strikers .

In a nutshell players don't know because GG saying Grayson to people and Bent saying Lambert , thing is none of us know :!:

Cheers for the info as always MM. From what you know, or have seen, would you say that the board are acting confidently and the lack of info available is because things are actually going to plan, or would you say the lack of info is more due to them struggling to line up their targets?

I think noone knows because OGS was their main target. They missed out and now they dont know.. and their still going through the formalities. I think were still another week away from knowing.

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that Villa had done all their research, put OGS as number one. PF puts out a statement saying they'll be looking for a young, vibrant manager knowing full well he'd just described OGS and then hey presto, the board deliver the exact manager they said they would and everyone loves RL/PF again.

Only it went horribly tits up and now they've realised there aren't any young, vibrant managers around who would actually manage Villa and they're screwed.

There's now only two scenarios

1. Venglos II - we've no idea who he is and it doesn't go well

2. McLeish II - we do know who he is and it doesn't go well

Cheers for the info as always MM. From what you know, or have seen, would you say that the board are acting confidently and the lack of info available is because things are actually going to plan, or would you say the lack of info is more due to them struggling to line up their targets?

What I know for Fact is they have a Main Target and then least 2 options .

McCarthy was never an option or contacted :!:

They have already interviewed people behind closed doors :!: .

They thought with OGS that it was part of the process and wanted it low key but the plane stopped that and that made it look as if there was far more to it other than him being an option .

The part not clarified was if he was the main target ( I now don't think he was ) I wanted him but then again I wanted Hoddle aswell and that wouldn't have been anywhere near as popular .

They are still adamant they will get the right man and understand why WE are concerned after the AM debacle .

I am being told to expect twists and turns and the unexpected whatever that means :?:

The more I think about it, the more I suspect that Villa had done all their research, put OGS as number one. PF puts out a statement saying they'll be looking for a young, vibrant manager knowing full well he'd just described OGS and then hey presto, the board deliver the exact manager they said they would and everyone loves RL/PF again.

Only it went horribly tits up and now they've realised there aren't any young, vibrant managers around who would actually manage Villa and they're screwed.

There's now only two scenarios

1. Venglos II - we've no idea who he is and it doesn't go well

2. McLeish II - we do know who he is and it doesn't go well

Utter tosh. It could be...

1. Wenger II - weve no idea who he is and it goes sensationally well.

2. Pardew II - we do know who he is and despite initial protestations, all signs point to an inspired appointment.

I'm all for VT's flagrant love of negativity, but at least chuck a little bit of perspective in there as well.

So the board are doing things on the quiet, i'd rather that than Whelan up North. If in the end they appoint McCarthy, go nuts with finger pointing, but at least give them the opportunity to **** it up before lambasting them!