General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Everyday seems like something new at this club. I hear we are going for Benitez then Martinez and now Southgate came out of no where. It's hard to pay any attention to this nonsense.

I am heartened by the media continuing to bring up Rodgers when they list possible Villa managers. In the absence of facts I am going to cling to this as a hopeful sign. If our aim is to rely on our homegrown talent and start playing better football Rodgers for me.

Every time I see the three letters'O', 'G' and 'S' I let myself get a little bit excited again. I know it isn't going to happen but I still want it to!

From the current candidates I really don't know who I want,

Every time I see the three letters'O', 'G' and 'S' I let myself get a little bit excited again. I know it isn't going to happen but I still want it to!

From the current candidates I really don't know who I want,

Me too but the ship has sailed, time to move on. I'd be very happy with Martinez to be honest. Hope something happens soon though this is geting a bit tedious already and there are lots of free transfers going that will be snapped p by other teams.

i really hope that if we are looking to appoint martinez, we have our offer into him now, and are not waiting for him to turn liverpool down. Dave Whelan appears to be getting increasingly hysterical about getting a commitment one way or the other from RM. I would hate for us to be in a situation where he commits to Wigan, because(i) Dave Whelan was putting massive pressure on him (ii) he didn't take the liverpool job, if offered to him, and (iii) didn't have a fimr offer from Villa, so had no real choice but to commit to Wigan, or have the wigan fans turn on him.

sounds eerily familiar to me...

My take on OGSgate

We offered him the job he was our nr 1 target, he was identified early and we went for a swift appointment

Alas he knocked us back seeing us as too risky for his career at this stage

The likes of lambert & Rodgers are not under consideration and they won't go to Rafa or Martinez after last year

Which has left them reassessing their options

Rodgers would be my first choice. But there is not a lot of point in him moving from swansea to villa at this moment in time. He has job security there and is building a culture at that club. To up root and start all over again at a club which isn`t really going to be competeing for anything doesn`t make sense.

I just don`t know where we are going to go from here, It looks martinez staying at wigan. they obviously don`t rate lambert or they would have had him in by now.

Not sure he is going to like getting a call once martinez drops out, doesn`t seem like a guy who would like being second choice.

I like randy but i get a bad feeling it has been cocked up again and we will end up shopping in the curbishley, steve bruce section.

Imagine if Martinez turns us down AGAIN to stay at Wigan. How embarrassing is that! The manager of Wigan Athletic turning down the Villa job twice in the space of a year. On the one hand you have to say fair play for his loyalty to Wigan but on the other hand you have to think that the "project" that we offered must have been shocking.

I just wish that they would hurry up and get it sorted now. I'm pretty much arriving at the point where I don't really care who it is anymore, within reason obviously but the longer the search drags on the more annoyed I am becoming.

If we end up shopping in the Curbishley/Southgate/Bruce/Mick department then Lerner can **** right off.

I think thats what happened with mcleish, they couldn`t get martinez, the young manager they wanted so they went the other way.

The manner of the last two appointments worries me if they don`t get their first choices, martinez looks to be staying at wigan and OGS has pulled out.

Hope they have other ideas.

My take on OGSgate

We offered him the job he was our nr 1 target, he was identified early and we went for a swift appointment

Alas he knocked us back seeing us as too risky for his career at this stage

Pretty hard to knock us back when he wasn't even offered the job! That's part of the problem though, Lerner **** about too much. The rumours are that he really like what Ole had to say. If he would have offered him the job there and then Solskjaer would be our manager now. Lerner stalling gave Molde more time to kick up a huge storm and it also gave Solskjaer more time to consider any potential offer.

Just think what wonderful L.A gangsta merchandise we could have had if we signed Solskjaer.

Aston Villa OG:s and so on. It's even easy to do one of those soo cool finger signs spelling AV :oops:

Oh what could have been...