General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Credit to Martinez, he knew his tactics weren't working so what did he do bloody change them, and worked on a 3-4-3 with players moving all over the shop, our manager doesn't have the nouse to change anything. Let not forget who Wigan have beaten, United, Arsenal, and Liverpool away, smashing Newcastle at home. Though I don't think he'd come to us.

AVB has accepted a job already. We don't know where yet, but he has just turned down Valencia because of it.

If Maradona still wants it, get him in

The buzz factor would be amazing

You dismiss Lambert/Martinez etc but you want an absolute clown in charge? Maradonna cares only about Maradonna and the media attention HE gets he would cripple the club

Martinez for me...probably already stated that though. This thread needs a poll even if AM isn't gone yet, just to gauge opinions. I mean, it hasn't been locked after 30 pages so might as well add a poll.

Martinez is my number one choice. Would love it if we got him in.

I would love to see RM appointed. It would be great to know that week on week our players would be improving technically in training, and building up a team ethic of playing football the right way.

Martinez will need time to build players confidence and change the sad philosophy which they are now so used to, but with patience and a few astute additions to the squad he could build a cracking team at Villa.

Another benefit (one of many) of Chelsea losing the Champions League final might be the availability of di Matteo. Roman is mad enough to fire him.

Whatever happens, we're in a much better manager market this season than we were last time. It'll be much more difficult for Randy to get it quite so wrong this time around. I also think he'll have learned and will be more au fait with what we don't want. We were right all along on this one. I'm confident he'll choose from our little shortlist in the end :) Fingers are suitably crossed.

People forget Wigan had FOUR wins in 29 not so long ago.

If we were to get Martinez, I would want us to buck the trend he usually does, his teams play shit for 8 months then start playing frantically to save themselves.

Although i wouldnt mind Martinex here, i dont think we should go for him. Hes already turned us down, hes not gonna leave Wigan. We should just move on and avoid the possibility and embarassment of him rejecting us again