General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Obvious its not Lambert or Martinez for job. RL does not rate PL and after last years fiasco does not want RM

Poyet is the man....by the way he is missing from a charity match at Stamford Bridge this morning according to Alistair Campbell on Twitter

Alastair Campbell ‏@campbellclaret

Just arrived at Stamford Bridge to play for Cystic Fibrosis v MPs. Alas Gus Poyet no show. Come on @GaryLineker Still time

This year we actually spoke to OGS about the role and offered further talks, he said no and turned us down.

Just a final point on the OGS Norwegian saga....

What I find bizarre about all the goings on with OGS is he is quoted as stating that he wanted to bring both his English coaches AND

MoldeFK's star player to Villa.... which obviously would have meant THEM moving their families etc over to England. And I'm sure

OGS must have at least discussed this with them all before making it public.

So it's just bizarre that HE pulls out because he doesn't want to move his family all of a sudden??!

You would have thought OGS would have given THAT serious consideration before publically coming out with statements involving

other people etc.

Rokke & his business partner must have applied the screws and threatened all sorts over MoldeFK.. IMHO...

the family thing is just an excuse.

i dont think RDM is as bad as some make out. rodgers flopped in his first management job but look at him now? so RDM didnt do great at west brom but how can anyone ignore a cup double? madness

the guy beat barceloan for godness sake and won them CL something not even mourinho couldnt do. would much rather have him than martinez whose best achievement is keeping wigan up in the last 5 games

RDM isnt my first choice but to rule him out completely is foolish considering the position we are in, we are not a top 6 club anymore unfortunately :(

I hear what you are saying about beating Barcelona but did you see the tactics he used to do that? It was like a scene from Custers last stand. 10 men in the box. After McNegative last year we need something more exciting to bring fans back.

I want to see us go out and attack the 'elite' teams like the 2-2 against Man Utd under Houllier and I worry that DiMatteo would be tempted to employ negative tactics instead.

What a ridiculous argument, HELLO! HE BEAT BARCELONA! WITH 10 MEN!

It baffles me it really does, a guy who has just won the european cup gets less support than a guy with one season in norway.

He didn't win a **** thing.

Chelsea were incredibly lucky and on another day would have lost 3 or 4 nil, Munich were incredibly wasteful.

This isn't FM and it isn't black and white, just cos someone wins a trophy does not make them a good manager - we should know this more than anyone.

on on that basis on another day we would have lost 3 or 4 nil to bayern in 82 we 'didnt win a **** thing' either then?? when your names on the trophy it doesnt say how it was won and RDM deserves great credit for making it happen IMO

Obvious its not Lambert or Martinez for job. RL does not rate PL and after last years fiasco does not want RM

Poyet is the man....by the way he is missing from a charity match at Stamford Bridge this morning according to Alistair Campbell on Twitter

Just arrived at Stamford Bridge to play for Cystic Fibrosis v MPs. Alas Gus Poyet no show. Come on @GaryLineker Still time

We are being quite heavily linked with Martinez today - I agree about the Lambert bit though. I would amazed and disappointed if it was Poyet.

This year we actually spoke to OGS about the role and offered further talks, he said no and turned us down.

Its not as black and white as that though is it.

We could offer the job to manager a and he has a tragedy in the family and cannot take it for personal reasons, you would work it that they have turned Villa down, its shocking and appalling we're rubbish.

I know you like to spin everything against Villa and the board so i'll leave you to it; no point debating with.

After Lerner's fallout with MON, I can't see him possibly wanting to hire Lambert, they are too similar in style and personality IMO.

This has been my feeling all along. Would he really want another self professed disciple of Brian Clough?

Damned United and all that.

Plus Lambert has a dislike for the media - and that wouldn't do AVFC any favours because over the past few years the club

has become alot more media/community friendly.

i dont think RDM is as bad as some make out. rodgers flopped in his first management job but look at him now? so RDM didnt do great at west brom but how can anyone ignore a cup double? madness

the guy beat barceloan for godness sake and won them CL something not even mourinho couldnt do. would much rather have him than martinez whose best achievement is keeping wigan up in the last 5 games

RDM isnt my first choice but to rule him out completely is foolish considering the position we are in, we are not a top 6 club anymore unfortunately :(

I hear what you are saying about beating Barcelona but did you see the tactics he used to do that? It was like a scene from Custers last stand. 10 men in the box. After McNegative last year we need something more exciting to bring fans back.

I want to see us go out and attack the 'elite' teams like the 2-2 against Man Utd under Houllier and I worry that DiMatteo would be tempted to employ negative tactics instead.

It baffles me it really does, a guy who has just won the european cup gets less support than a guy with one season in norway.

He was successful because he had a short term goal there, to abandon any idea of moving the club forward before the end of the season, reintegrate the old guard and win some matches. He did this by playing a horrible brand of football that I would hope never to see at Villa Park again.

And it's not even as if results for Villa would be guranteed playing that way. Doing it with a very expensive Chelsea side is incredibly different to doing it with the current Villa side.

To be fair to RDM as much as I dont want him that was the only way he was going to get a result against both Barcelona & Bayern Munich, who I'd personally rate 1st & 3rd best teams in Europe. He had a very make shift back line and had he tried to play Barca at their own game they would have lost 6-0 or more. His record since taking over even in the league where he has continuously rested players cos lets face it an FA Cup looks better on a cv than a fourth place with Chelsea, realistically his stock will never be higher. Surely he could walk into many a top job in Serie A. Is he now too big for us?

He didn't win a **** thing.

Chelsea were incredibly lucky and on another day would have lost 3 or 4 nil, Munich were incredibly wasteful.

This isn't FM and it isn't black and white, just cos someone wins a trophy does not make them a good manager - we should know this more than anyone.

on on that basis on another day we would have lost 3 or 4 nil to bayern in 82 we 'didnt win a **** thing' either then?? when your names on the trophy it doesnt say how it was won and RDM deserves great credit for making it happen IMO

I'm not denying that Chelsea won the European Cup none more than I would ourselves having won it however, it was not managerial genius that won them that trophy, it was just their time.

Lionel Messi and Arjen Robben, two of the worlds finest players for 99% of the time both missed penalties, lady luck was doing more than just smiling on Chelsea.

What I find bizarre about all the goings on with OGS is he is quoted as stating that he wanted to bring both his English coaches AND

MoldeFK's star player to Villa.... which obviously would have meant THEM moving their families etc over to England. And I'm sure

So it's just bizarre that HE pulls out because he doesn't want to move his family all of a sudden??!

You would have thought OGS would have given THAT serious consideration before publically coming out with statements involving

other people etc.

Rokke & his business partner must have applied the screws and threatened all sorts over MoldeFK.. IMHO...

Oh definitely, either Villa told him that he won't get the job or Rökke got to him. He must've talked with his family before even going to meet RL because he was pretty certain of taking the job and he had thought who to take with him.

Like someone here wrote before, Rökke or Molde must've leaked Randy's jet coming to Kristiansund because journalists were clearly already waiting for it.

Going in for Martinez again would be a PR disaster

Particularly when he says no again and Dave Whelan sticks his head above the parapet

Don't do it randy

\

Hopefully we find out more as the day goes on!!

other people etc.

Those quotes, the three answers to the three questions. Was something that was answered during a "confidential" conversation between an employee and an employer. The "CEO" of MFK decided to leak that information to the press after Aker ASA pulled out as MFK investors.

The questions were three hypothetical questions that got asked before he went to Birmingham to have a chat with AVFC. So there is no great conspiracy here.

Its not as black and white as that though is it.

We could offer the job to manager a and he has a tragedy in the family and cannot take it for personal reasons, you would work it that they have turned Villa down, its shocking and appalling we're rubbish.

I know you like to spin everything against Villa and the board so i'll leave you to it; no point debating with.

Sorry but that is not what happened. If he had had a family tragedy then that is what it would have been. he did not, he turned us down, it is black and white.