General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Kalou and Bosingwa both released by Chelsea. Would suggest to me that DiMatteo is not being considered by Chelsea long term as both were reinstated as first team starters during his spell.

Di Matteo is the most likely candidate in my opinion, the fact he won the champions league the board will go for him and lets face it we are up shit creeck and I cant see any paddles. Just going backing him on Betfair.

Whelan's just sweating because he knows full well there is only one reason that Wigan cling onto Premiership football, and the chances are that he's heading for the door. No wonder he's spouting cack.

CI, how can we get knocked back to something that WASN'T offered? OGS has stated himself we did not offer him the job, he ruled out being considered in the process, he has constantly said himself AVFC are looking at other candidates. This whole OGS saga was built up in Norway. Our media guys were saying OGS is an option however they have other options.

i dont think RDM is as bad as some make out. rodgers flopped in his first management job but look at him now? so RDM didnt do great at west brom but how can anyone ignore a cup double? madness

the guy beat barceloan for godness sake and won them CL something not even mourinho couldnt do. would much rather have him than martinez whose best achievement is keeping wigan up in the last 5 games

RDM isnt my first choice but to rule him out completely is foolish considering the position we are in, we are not a top 6 club anymore unfortunately :(

Completely agree. What business is it of his to be making comments about our club?! He is a moron.

Martinez signed a new deal last summer I think.

A rolling deal, so he's out of contract, Whelan asked him for one more season which he gave.

The rebuff from OGS is a real blow IMHO

Not only that we didnt get him worse still is the message it sends out

What decent manager will come knowing we've been knocked back by not only the Wigan and probably Norwich manager

But now also the Molde manager

It sends out all the wrong signals

If OGS told Lerner that he's out of the race in tuesday afternoon, why the hell didn't Villa put out press release stating that Vill have decided not to offer him contract before OGS/Rökke/Molde had a chance of going "OGS have rejected Villa"-route.

I think we will all be very surprised on who the new manager will be. I dont think the name even has been mentioned as a serious contender...

Graham Turner ?

The rebuff from OGS is a real blow IMHO

Not only that we didnt get him worse still is the message it sends out

What decent manager will come knowing we've been knocked back by not only the Wigan and probably Norwich manager

But now also the Molde manager

It sends out all the wrong signals

If OGS told Lerner that he's out of the race in tuesday afternoon, why the hell didn't Villa put out press release stating that Vill have decided not to offer him contract before OGS/Rökke/Molde had a chance of going "OGS have rejected Villa"-route.

They did via Media outlet to say OGS has withdrawn from being in contention for the Villa job however nothing was offered to OGS.

No to the 2 Roberto's

I will be gutted if either is approached

I wouldn't be gutted with either. RDM is in the Meh group for me , not the gutted group.

You also have to be realistic about where we are as a club, that controls the degree of guttedness.

For me the groups are

Gutted Group

Strachan, Mcarthy, Grayson, Clark, Holloway, Withe, Bruce, Bradley, Ince, Grant, Mcallister, Southgate, Wlater Smith, Neil Lennon, Mclaren, Roy Keane, KMAC, John Gregory, Mcoist

Meh Group

RDM, Bentiez, Curbishley, Hoddle, Hughton, Sven, Klinsmann, Zola, Ranieri

Yes I'd take these group

Lambert, Adkins, Martinez, Poyet, Avb, Brendan Rodgers, Di Canio, Moyes, Bilic, Rijkaard, Capello

I think we will all be very surprised on who the new manager will be. I dont think the name even has been mentioned as a serious contender...

I am hoping that you are right as I have been just been looking at the managers on the betting and I have to be honest, it excited me as much as looking at the ladies underwear section in a 1970's Freemans catalogue! :|

Really don`t see how anyone can turn their noses up at di matteo and solksjaer got so much support. Ok you can look at his bad run at the baggies, before that he was getting praise.

And you can say what you like to try and fit your argument, but the guy has just won the european cup with chelsea. Sorry that is a FACT.

People seem to be working off emotion, a guy with one season in norway gets more support than a european cup winner.

Off topic I know but when we asked for permission to speak to Martinez last year I remember seeing Whelan on SSN talking about how professional we had been and he wished that every club acted as excellent as Villa. Then he's saying stuff like if Martinez left Wigan it should be for a bigger club than Villa. He's an idiot.

No to the 2 Roberto's

I will be gutted if either is approached

I wouldn't be gutted with either. RDM is in the Meh group for me , not the gutted group.

You also have to be realistic about where we are as a club, that controls the degree of guttedness.

For me the groups are

Gutted Group

Strachan, Mcarthy, Grayson, Clark, Holloway, Withe, Bruce, Bradley, Ince, Grant, Mcallister, Southgate, Wlater Smith, Neil Lennon, Mclaren, Roy Keane, KMAC, John Gregory, Mcoist

Meh Group

Yes I'd take these group

Lambert, Adkins, Martinez, Poyet, Avb, Brendan Rodgers, Di Canio, Moyes, Bilic, Rijkaard, Capello

Capello sounds a good shout and maybe possible. Moyes wont come now, he is Everton for life now.

Just seen an interesting tweet from Alistair Campbell......Tony Blairs spin machine. He is playing a football match at Stamford Bridge this morning for charity.

Alastair Campbell ‏@campbellclaret

Just arrived at Stamford Bridge to play for Cystic Fibrosis v MPs. Alas Gus Poyet no show. Come on @GaryLineker Still time

Where is Gus Poyet???

Gutted Group

Meh Group

Yes I'd take these group

Agree with this accept I would move Klinsmann up a group, mainly because of the hype his appointment would create.