General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Did people know that a few months after he got the boot from the baggies Di Matteo applied for the Small Heath job and they knocked him back!?! They didn't even bother interviewing him if I remember rightly.

I wouldn't really want him here. As a few others have said, I know some baggies fans and they are hoping that Di Matteo gets the Villa job as they didn't like him.

Plus, I still haven't forgiven him for scoring the winner against us in the FA Cup Final. Even though he was just doing his job and he wouldn't have scored if Calamity hadn't messed up in the first place!

I'm not joking here but it wouldn't surprise me if Lerner and Faulkner didn't even know about Di Matteo's spell at Albion.

Jarpie, Paul Kendrick, the Mat Kendrick for Wigan has stated that RM is more likely to go to avfc than Liverpool!

Dave Whelan has already said we are not big enough for RM

So hopefully thats that in respect to RM

Why is it that with randy picking our manager, I am relying on sheer luck for him to pick a good one?

Because he seems random.

Last year he went from Martinez to McLeish.

This year so far he has gone for OGS, next could be Big Mick for all we know.

He seems to have zero attachment to football style.

It does look like AVB would be a perfect fit actually & i would be intrigued if he got it..could be a tough one with our "stick in the mud dressing room" however which has it's similarities to Chelsea's...simply replace Terry, Lampard & Drogba with Dunne, Collins & Warnock & away you go

Still any from AVB, Di Canio (Just love the vibrancy he exudes) Martinez, Lambert...Possibly Poyet, Rogers.

One name which seems to have dropped off the radar & which i think could do a very decent job here is Owen Coyle actually. I know Bolton got relegated etc but he had them playing much better football than we were & they were unlucky in the end to go..another game or two would surely have seen us replace them!? Just think he has the toughness we need here & his sides always seem to be quite attacking too.

Jarpie, Paul Kendrick, the Mat Kendrick for Wigan has stated that RM is more likely to go to avfc than Liverpool!

The decision isnt down to Whelen. I may be wrong but isnt Martinez out of contract at this moment in time?

If so, Whelan has no say in the matter what-so-ever.

The blokes a gobshite and media whore of the highest order.

Why do we constantly listen to the drivel that is the media, they like the rest of us have not got a clue and are purely speculating, it has been said we have been interviewing now for 2 weeks and OGS debacle proves this, How many others that were not spotted by luck have we heard of? none

We all slam the club for lack of inaction without knowing the facts only rumours, I can not believe we look at the odds to see who is favourite in the hope some ITK has a clue and has backed heavily,

the club stated the type of manager they are after and we must trust them to do this, we should leave the bad feedback and having a go at the club until it is warented, again with OGS none of us know the true story but are prepared to attack the club for doing it wrong, Who would want to be chairman lol.

It does look like AVB would be a perfect fit actually & i would be intrigued if he got it..could be a tough one with our "stick in the mud dressing room" however which has it's similarities to Chelsea's...simply replace Terry, Lampard & Drogba with Dunne, Collins & Warnock & away you go

Still any from AVB, Di Canio (Just love the vibrancy he exudes) Martinez, Lambert...Possibly Poyet, Rogers.

One name which seems to have dropped off the radar & which i think could do a very decent job here is Owen Coyle actually. I know Bolton got relegated etc but he had them playing much better football than we were & they were unlucky in the end to go..another game or two would surely have seen us replace them!? Just think he has the toughness we need here & his sides always seem to be quite attacking too.

Honestly no matter Owen Coyles skill (and I think he is a decent manager) I cant see us appointing two relegated managers on the trot. There would be a fan revolt. Last thing we need imho.

AVB would need a lot of convincing judging by the noises coming out of the press. Saying that, perhaps those noises are being made with the intention of Villa approaching him saying "sure, we can provide you that set-up".

Liverpool fans would have less patience than AVB would need, and the dressing room has some characters just as rooted in the club's fabric as Chelsea does.

Kalou and Bosingwa both released by Chelsea. Would suggest to me that DiMatteo is not being considered by Chelsea long term as both were reinstated as first team starters during his spell.

Is Kalou that bad? I admit to not following him closely but I thought he was the flavour of the month a while back at Chelsea?

The rebuff from OGS is a real blow IMHO

Not only that we didnt get him worse still is the message it sends out

What decent manager will come knowing we've been knocked back by not only the Wigan and probably Norwich manager

But now also the Molde manager

It sends out all the wrong signals

Honestly no matter Owen Coyles skill (and I think he is a decent manager) I cant see us appointing two relegated managers on the trot. There would be a fan revolt. Last thing we need imho.

+1

The decision isnt down to Whelen. I may be wrong but isnt Martinez out of contract at this moment in time?

^^ This

The whole "Whelan's derogatory comments re Villa" thing just doesn't sit well with me at all. Saying we are too small for Martinez etc..well

WHAT THE F**K IS HE DOING AT WIGAN ATHLETIC THEN WHELAN?! IF THE 5TH MOST SUCCESSFUL ENGLISH TEAM IS TOO SMALL FOR HIM YOU SHOULD HAVE SACKED HIM OUT OF RESPECT FOR BEING AT A CLUB WHICH IS CLEARLY WAY TOO WEENIE FOR HIM!!

FOOL!

Sorry for the big letters just needed to get that off my chest.. :)

AVB was taking a poisoned chalice with the Chelsea job. He tried to be what he was hired for: the boss, but there are too many egos in that dressing room that think they run the show and in fact, do. They made his job nigh on impossible. The notion anybody would have done better is bollocks.

Now, with Villa he would have a blank canvas. He could build and direct the squad as he sees fit with 100% authority.

Which I think is the type of job he is looking for.

He may go to Liverpool (we might not be interested, who knows) but again, I don't think it's right for him at the moment.

There would be instant pressure on to get into the top 4 which I dont think Liverpool will be capable of in the next year or two at least.

So if he wants a big job in the PL where he can take his time and stamp his authority, we're ideal.

Or, he'll get a decent job in Europe, but I reckon he will feel he has unfinished business in England.

Good Post

Spot on, rumours are RM wants to speak to Lerner to understand plans etc, so Dave Whelan could say what he wants.

Completely agree. What business is it of his to be making comments about our club?! He is a moron.

Martinez signed a new deal last summer I think.