General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

RDM interested in job according to The Sun.

I would be very disappointed if we appointed RDM. Yes he has done very well at Chelsea, but why do you think they do not want to keep him on or why did WBA sack him?

I know a number of Albion season ticket holders who do not rate him.

Ah the old classic, first in last out

To his credit, he did somehow manage to smash Ulrikka

So fair play

But he wasn't the manager.

How many people do you know put massive hours into their jobs and give away their wages to colleagues?

Not something to mock.

Ah the old classic, first in last out

To his credit, he did somehow manage to smash Ulrikka

So fair play

But he wasn't the manager.

How many people do you know put massive hours into their jobs and give away their wages to colleagues?

Not something to mock.

I thought about replying but decided against it. He's clearly lacking in brainpower to put together any kind of sensible discussion/debate :D

Why is it that with randy picking our manager, I am relying on sheer luck for him to pick a good one?

Maybe because his track record of good appointments at Villa currently stands at 0 out of 2 and we are worried that he's going for the hattrick!

Don't be naive chaps

The notts county thing was all part of a bigger picture

His cronies had invested they were looking to make serious wedge

It just didn't pan out

Don't be naive chaps

The notts county thing was all part of a bigger picture

His cronies had invested they were looking to make serious wedge

It just didn't pan out

He was trying to make some serious money... so waivered his multimillion pound salary and outstanding wages to ensure the takeover of another group went through. Doesn't make sense does it.

I would be very disappointed if we appointed RDM. Yes he has done very well at Chelsea, but why do you think they do not want to keep him on or why did WBA sack him?

I also know quite a number of Baggies ST holders and they, to a man, were delighted to get rid of RDM - seen as a joke Manager and not just by the fans, the players didn't rate him either.

RDM had success at Chelsea for who he wasn't, not for who he was.

They hated AVB with a passion at Chelsea - that is evidenced by many of the comments made in subsequent interviews with players - where he is often referred to as "the other guy".

Anybody who took that role on would have been more successful than AVB, especially someone who only a few years ago was playing with half the players and has such a history with the club.

Cheslea rode their luck in both the Semi and the Final of the CL but, fair play to them, they won it. Now look at their league form........

But for a missed penalty they would not have even been playing CL football next season.

RDM - not for me thanks.

I can see RDM getting the job. When we are seen to be disappointed and as results inevitably go pearshaped the press will have another field day about fickle Villa fans. Imagine Villa fans complaining about having a Champions League winning manager.

I don't get why the club go silent leaving behind a shambles for us fans to be embarassed about in the media?! It looks amateur.

Not keen on RDM, PL or RM would be ok. I say we might as well flip a coin on John Gregory and Paulo Di Canio, **** it!

I also know quite a number of Baggies ST holders and they, to a man, were delighted to get rid of RDM - seen as a joke Manager and not just by the fans, the players didn't rate him either.

RDM had success at Chelsea for who he wasn't, not for who he was.

They hated AVB with a passion at Chelsea - that is evidenced by many of the comments made in subsequent interviews with players - where he is often referred to as "the other guy".

Anybody who took that role on would have been more successful than AVB, especially someone who only a few years ago was playing with half the players and has such a history with the club.

Cheslea rode their luck in both the Semi and the Final of the CL but, fair play to them, they won it. Now look at their league form........

But for a missed penalty they would not have even been playing CL football next season.

RDM - not for me thanks.

My fear is that RL and PF will be blinded by the success that RDM has had at Chelsea and not what he did at WBA. I have little faith in their ability to get the man we need after their last two appointments.

RDM was just what Chelsea needed, but we need somebody to build the club up. Matinez, Lambert or Poyet would be able to do that much better tham RDM.

I want a manager who has played the game been a success touched trophies

Not some translator with a digital watch

Mourinho, Wenger, Sven, AVB, Rafa and Sacchi all ruled out then

Sven ha ha that's a joke yes

The guy did ok at Lazio 10 years ago for sure

But did you see how much money he spent to get that success

Chequebook manager

Im not saying I want Sven but putting setting the criteria of hiring someone who played at the highest level and won stuff rules out a lot of great candidates.

I know my views arent the same as everyone on here, and id be happy enough with OGS, Lambert, Poyet Rodgers, etc but I think there are some other strong andidates out there

I like Rangnick a lot and as Ive said in the past I would be interested to see how Platt would do.

I DO NOT WANT ROBERTO DI MATTEO!

Yes, he has achieved well at Chelsea but he inherited a very good squad. We don't have that here at Villa and we need someone who can come in and rebuild the team. he most definitely NOT the man. From what I hear, WBA fans and players did not like him and Chelsea players also weren't a fan of him but was an improvement on AVB who had the task of trying to get rid of the old guard.

Now OGS has been ruled out I suppose I would settle for Lambert or Martinez. If we struggle to get those then Domingos Paciencia, AVB or Rafa Benitez (although I think he'd require a huge war chest!)

So in order for me...

* Lambert

* Martinez

* Domingos Paciencia

* Rafa Benitez

* Villa Boas

End this with what we should have done 2 years ago

Alan Curbishley

Proven ability to keep a team in the PL - on a shoestring.

With Lerner and Paul F*ckally at the helm - can we hope for much better than that.

AVB was taking a poisoned chalice with the Chelsea job. He tried to be what he was hired for: the boss, but there are too many egos in that dressing room that think they run the show and in fact, do. They made his job nigh on impossible. The notion anybody would have done better is bollocks.

Now, with Villa he would have a blank canvas. He could build and direct the squad as he sees fit with 100% authority.

Which I think is the type of job he is looking for.

He may go to Liverpool (we might not be interested, who knows) but again, I don't think it's right for him at the moment.

There would be instant pressure on to get into the top 4 which I dont think Liverpool will be capable of in the next year or two at least.

So if he wants a big job in the PL where he can take his time and stamp his authority, we're ideal.

Or, he'll get a decent job in Europe, but I reckon he will feel he has unfinished business in England.