General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

This year we actually spoke to OGS about the role and offered further talks, he said no and turned us down.

Its not as black and white as that though is it.

We could offer the job to manager a and he has a tragedy in the family and cannot take it for personal reasons, you would work it that they have turned Villa down, its shocking and appalling we're rubbish.

I know you like to spin everything against Villa and the board so i'll leave you to it; no point debating with.

Sorry but that is not what happened. If he had had a family tragedy then that is what it would have been. he did not, he turned us down, it is black and white.

I think the point he's trying to make though is that only a select few people close to OGS will know why he turned it down.

He might have actually really wanted to take it personally but outside influences prevented it from happening - that would be very different to simply turning us down cos he doesn't want it.

Surely you can recognise that?

Of course it's all completely irrelevant in a world dominated by media impression.

Sorry if you've answered this question previously in the thread Richard, but who would you like as manager?

Or who are your choices in order of preference?

No, Matt Kendrick, that article on Us going in for Martinez has zero substance to it

It's pure fiction and assumption

Crap journalism

Why do you

Take an

average sized sentence

and spread

it over

multiple lines

?

It's pretty annoying #justsaying.

If we appoint Martinez my hope is that Villa apply to play all their games in the last 10 weeks of the season so we're about 30 points adrift at the foot of the table with 38 to play, as that's the only time he seems to get a team to play well.

Those quotes, the three answers to the three questions. Was something that was answered during a "confidential" conversation between an employee and an employer. The "CEO" of MFK decided to leak that information to the press after Aker ASA pulled out as MFK investors.

The questions were three hypothetical questions that got asked before he went to Birmingham to have a chat with AVFC. So there is no great conspiracy here.

True but it's an odd conversation to have at all with anyone IF you've the slightest doubt about YOUR situation. MoldeFK leaked the conversation to cause maximum amount of alarm bells ringing I would think, so that everyone would know the consequences of OGS leaving - it would mean others leaving too.

As Jarpie correctly said this is either a case of emotional blackmail...... ... or a facesaver all round that actually AVFC hadn't/weren't going to offer him the job anyhow..

Of course the other explanation could be that big wads of dosh changed hands.

Jake ‏@JacobKidd_LFC

My dad has just told me he has got to go for a meeting at Villa park next week, maybe he is going to be the next manager... #AVFC

Is that twitter account of son of Brian Kidd?

I'm still hoping for Martinez. I think he'd be foolish to wait at Wigan another season, because even though I rate him there's still a very good chance they'll go down next year, with a few good players bound to be moving again. And if he goes down he'll not have as good an offer as us again.

I would expect him to choose Liverpool over us, but I'm not sure they'll take a risk on him.

Jake ‏@JacobKidd_LFC

My dad has just told me he has got to go for a meeting at Villa park next week, maybe he is going to be the next manager... #AVFC

Is that twitter account of son of Brian Kidd?

He's almost 63 now so does not sound young and vibrant!

Those quotes, the three answers to the three questions. Was something that was answered during a "confidential" conversation between an employee and an employer. The "CEO" of MFK decided to leak that information to the press after Aker ASA pulled out as MFK investors.

The questions were three hypothetical questions that got asked before he went to Birmingham to have a chat with AVFC. So there is no great conspiracy here.

True but it's an odd conversation to have at all with anyone IF you've the slightest doubt about YOUR situation. MoldeFK leaked the conversation to cause maximum amount of alarm bells ringing I would think, so that everyone would know the consequences of OGS leaving - it would mean others leaving too.

As Jarpie correctly said this is either a case of emotional blackmail...... ... or a facesaver all round that actually AVFC hadn't/weren't going to offer him the job anyhow..

Of course the other explanation could be that big wads of dosh changed hands.

What I've read about Rökke, I wouldn't be surprised if he went "I'll make things very difficult for Molde, the staff and the players if you leave - they will be utterly screwed".

What's the problem with being interested in Roberto Martinez? Genuine question.

Because he's a crap manager for 90% of the season. Genuine answer

Why are Liverpool interested in a "crap manager?"

because their crap. But honestly if we got Martinez, I would be bloody delighted, I realised he's actually a year younger than OGS! Look at the comparative experience.

What's the problem with being interested in Roberto Martinez? Genuine question.

Because he's a crap manager for 90% of the season. Genuine answer

Why are Liverpool interested in a "crap manager?"

because their crap. But honestly if we got Martinez, I would be bloody delighted, I realised he's actually a year younger than OGS! Look at the comparative experience.

RM was my first choice last year, and first choice again this time round. Let's hope that Liverpool fans demand a bigger name.