General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Are the excuses and anecdotes already being formulated into positive spin on the season to come with McLeish at the helm?

Surely not this early, you can delude yourselves closer to August if the **** is still around.

Our manager next season WILL be McLeish

Very unlikely. There is absolutely nothing to gain from keeping him here.

I think its more likely than unlikely. I think there will be about 8 players leaving in the summer and about the same in.

I think McLeish will be given a season to work with "his" team. I think he will do what he did at Rangers and replace the overpaid troublemakers with European Bosman signings.

I dont think Lerner will pay for another manegerial change either

If he is still here next season I can see him getting booed during pre season and at the first game/home game.

Thats no good for the players and as much as the fans will get the blame its Lerners fault if he doesn't sack him.

I think its more likely than unlikely. I think there will be about 8 players leaving in the summer and about the same in.

I think McLeish will be given a season to work with "his" team. I think he will do what he did at Rangers and replace the overpaid troublemakers with European Bosman signings.

Financially keeping AML makes no sense. Season tickets sales have dropped off significantly and smaller sponsors have not renewed deals.

Unless Randy wants to emulate Rangers current position he will not allow McLeish to fill the squad with over paid below average continental signings. This man is totally out of his depth in the Premiership and his record backs this up. He got his chance. Time to get rid.

A stitch in time saves nine

There's four season ticket holders in my family, we've all vowed not to renew till McLeish has gone. If there's enough fans with this outlook, then Lerner will have no choice but to sack the useless Ginger one.

Wrong. If they choose to keep him on it will because they think he will turn it around, In turn the people who stay away will return.

They don`t need the big ticket sales anymore as they are going to cut back transfer spending and wages anyway.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Ranieri being interviewed for the WBA job....

Bit of a John Gregory about him, teams go on long unbeaten runs then something goes wrong and they can't win for 3 months!

This has pretty much happened at all the clubs he's been at but still would be an upgrade on McLeish.

get hughton in

good young manager with a good record and, shock horror, premiership experience. it'll also prove where mcleish came from had **** all with how he was received

I'd take anyone of the young up coming managers like Lambert, Poyet, Holloway etc or Martinez.

however i have a horrible feeling that we will still have the Ginger one here at the start of the season, does anyone else have this feeling??

theres an interview on the bbc website with McLeish talking about next season. I think he has been assured his job is safe for next season.
course hes talking up being here next season.... Look at the comments Mcallister made this time last year too

Sadly I think this is correct. I would **** love to be entirely wrong!

Gus Poyet, a bit of a gamble, but we might see a bit of football...

Not a McLeish hater, probably a nice chap, but out of his depth.

Will be renewing whether he's here or not though.

if the team had shown signs of a direction or things coming together over the course of the season, then i would think that there would be much more of case to keep on eck.

however, can anyone say that the structure of the team is coming together, such that the return of DB9, and one or two additions to the squad will make us the complete article?

i can't see one part of our game as a whole that says, you know what, at least that bit is now sorted out and we don't need to worry about it - from attack to defence, is there one aspect of our game that is better now than it was at the start of the season?

If the answer is no, then the decision should be very very simple for RL.

Martinez for me, if we can get him.

I'd take almost anyone over McLeish - He's just not up to the job. I also don't buy into this 'he's a nice guy' rubbish - based on what! Let's also kill off this "it's because he's from SHA" bullshit - Chris Houghton would be welcomed with open arms

The club is badly run and Randy, Faulkner and Krulak (is he still a director?) were so deluded that I think they truly believed that we would be challenging for Europe.

We've got a few decent prospects but you can't fill a team with them - Albrighton, Bannan, Weimann, Delfounesco etc are Championship standard and will never hold down regularr PL places anywhere.

I predicted a bottom half finish but didn't expect us to be quite as bad. We did have some injury problems but we were bad well before that. I've got a horrible feeling that he will be here next season and will be allowed to bring in some sub-standard shite (Karl Henry?) - I'm expecting another relegation battle next season

I'd hoped we would go for Poyet at the start of last season and would take him or a dozen other managers in a heartbeat.