General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Keep Martinez & Lambert away from my club

Jumped up championship managers who are being ridiculously over-rated IMHO

It's Rafa for me of the names being banded about

I agree, Raffa for me as well or my one man personal crusade of Martin Jol which will never happen.

Martinez is flavor of the month. I wonder how many Villa fans would have wanted him in Feb.

I thought Ole was flavour of the month? They can't all be. It might be that people have wanted Martinez for a while because he has kept Wigan up 3 years on the trot. It's a possibility. The club wanted him 12 months ago which kinda makes him flavour of the decade.

Very much looking ahead to a non jock manager
Interesting as I couldn't give a shit what nationality he was as long as he was good for us

So really I am very much looking ahead to a non shit manager

To be honest I may sound like I lack ambition in saying this but I will take anyone at this stage. I am coming to the conclusion that every manager is a risk and not every manager is going to work at our club, this can be said for anyone. We could sign Mourinho and have him not succeed but on the other end of the spectrum we could sign Di Matteo and win the league, in the end we do not know what the future holds for us.. Benitez could get us into the Champions League but he could very easily not, so I am just going to sit back now and whether it's Benitez, KMac, Poyet, Lambert, Martinez, Hoddle or AVB I no longer care as all of them could fail as easily as they could succeed.

We could sign Mourinho
Not without massive investment in players.

we could sign Di Matteo and win the league

Benitez could get us into the Champions League

I hope we don't keep Martinez and Lambert away from your club!

I hope we don't keep Martinez and Lambert away from your club!

Oh ok, well they can visit once a season each with their respective clubs

& we'll take 6 points off the two of them, like last season

It wouldn't take much of a football brain to realise that you can't come in and play McLeish type football and get away with it! Also if you wan't to play like Stoke, then the Villa midfield and strike force would all need replacing, therefore whoever comes in is likely to coach a passing game.

If it were Martinez .... a fairly risky high tempo passing style with three at the back and full backs getting forward. Plenty of goal attempts and few clean sheets.

Rodgers .... a patient passing game with loads of short possession balls (back and sideways as well as angled forward balls). A willingness to press the opposition to win back the ball quickly. Could work well with two good strikers.

Di Matteo .... a well organised (low scoring) patient style which may alter week on week depending on opponents.

Poyet .... plenty of possession and "caring for the ball," but defensively dodgy.

Lambert .... high tempo never say die football, where the opposition is never allowed to rest even in their own half. Wide men getting forward, plenty of attempted crosses, but also a willingness to try and play a bit of football when the team gets on top. Few clean sheets with this "lets score more than they do" philosophy.

That's my reading of what may lie in store for Villa fans next season.

I thought Ole was flavour of the month? They can't all be. It might be that people have wanted Martinez for a while because he has kept Wigan up 3 years on the trot. It's a possibility. The club wanted him 12 months ago which kinda makes him flavour of the decade.

So is that your criteria for a manager? Somebody who is going to keep Villa up for the next 3 years. We are/should be a top 5 club thats why i think we need a manager like Raffa who has managed at that level. Both Lambert and Martinez arent proven at that level. They might turn out to be able to manage at that level but why should Villa take the chance. We deserve somebody who is proven already.

we'll take 6 points off the two of them, like last season
Don't know what season you were watching. :lol:

Sat Oct 1 2011, Villa 2-0 Wigan

Sat Nov 5 2011, Villa 3-2 Norwich

Which part of that doesn't add up to 6 points