General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

not at all mate, your choice wether to believe it or not, im not sure i do!! but hes seems to be genuine!

Utter balls - accountants wouldn't draw up a contract - lawyers would.

Take it from someone who is an accountant.

i think its fair to assume the poster was talking about a lawyer not an accountant (someone in our legal department.. and .. friend from uni.. may therefore be a lawyer too.

That said, i'm not rushing to Ladbrokes any time soon.

Then another week of frenzied speculation, then he jets back off on Friday while not much has happened.

They must be waiting on Liverpool.

I cannot see them waiting for over a month (since the Bolton game and when they knew they would sack Eck) to identify who their target is.

not at all mate, your choice wether to believe it or not, im not sure i do!! but hes seems to be genuine!

ok maybe it is then, just saw it, and being a gills and villa fan, thought id share it! he did say his legal dept - im not sure of his firm! oh well nevermind!

This. Even the biggest accountancy firms are entirely separate from lawyers, and there's no way you'd be drawing up a contract withj a potentially large settlement clause in it without it coming from a highly respected legal firm.

Lerner is here tomorrow I believe

Its a holiday in the states today so nobody is working. He could be coming back a day early because of that.

he goes to the USA every weekend to visit his kid, not to work.

so if its a national holiday in the USA, it might make it less likely that he would come back to the UK, as he can spend more time with his son.

TBF he didn't say the firm of accountants HAD drawn up any contract - he said that they'd "been involved" with drawing up the contract.

I would imagine that it would only be prudent to seek some advice from your tax adviser as well as your attorney, when setting up said contract if it exists.

Also another VT poster has had a whisper from Norwich end that we'll be talking to Lambert this week all being well..... and this is entirely seperate from this supposed Gillingham fan.

We'll still have Collins thinking he can play 50 yard passes. Seriously if i was Lambert I'd keep Dunne, get rid of Hutton, Warnock and Collins. Start playing Clark and Dunne at the back, purchase Naughton and a new LB.
Yes me too actually but I'd also get a CB cover in as well, which is where I would not got rid of Cuellar

Won't be rushed = waiting for Liverpool to pick first.
and possibly Chelsea and WBA too

So we can pick from the scraps :(

Very much the villa way

I don't buy that we'd be picking from WBA's scraps but in honesty I'd pick from Liverpool's scraps and it'll always be that way. It's not that much of an insult.

KMac would an absolute disaster. He and Sid need to go back to doing what they both do best. Away from the first team egos and bullshit

Southgate would be heartbreaking

Grayson would be arse droppingly awful

Rafa would be another financial suicide mission

Hoddle would be a warning from God that we're really in the shit

It's got to be Martinez or Lambert for me at this stage

How **** depressing

Very much looking ahead to a non jock manager

What's that got to do with anything? You really do spout some crap sometimes.

Despite being disappointed at not getting OGS, I'd be happy with Lambert or Martinez now. I think Lambert would be the quick fix, but Martinez would be better for us in the longterm, assuming he survived long enough. Neither fill me with much excitement though.