General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Possible night watchmen role for KMac for a year while the books are balanced & contracts run down

That would've made sense last year, or if we'd sacked McLeish mid-season. But now is surely not the time to be making another potentially short-term appointment.

Most of the worst contracts have run down now. 1 more year of Warnock, Collins, Dunne is all that's really left of the overpaid MON squad.

Here is the messageboard....clap trap for me!!

http://fansonline.net/gillingham/mb/view.php?id=164180

Could be mate!!! just passing it on!!! all i will say is, for a fact is he is well respected on there, and does work where he says he does!!!

Not having a go at you pal. Thanks for passing it on.

It just lost credibility for me with " a friend from uni"

Here is the messageboard....clap trap for me!!

http://fansonline.net/gillingham/mb/view.php?id=164180

Could be mate!!! just passing it on!!! all i will say is, for a fact is he is well respected on there, and does work where he says he does!!!

Not having a go at you pal. Thanks for passing it on.

It just lost credibility for me with " a friend from uni"

i know mate, and would tend to agree with you, but i go on there a fair bit and he comes across as very intelligent and well liked. Plus why post it on a very quiet gillingham messageboard today??

Possible night watchmen role for KMac for a year while the books are balanced & contracts run down

That would've made sense last year, or if we'd sacked McLeish mid-season. But now is surely not the time to be making another potentially short-term appointment.

Most of the worst contracts have run down now. 1 more year of Warnock, Collins, Dunne is all that's really left of the overpaid MON squad.

It's very likely that our defence next season will still be Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock. If that's the case then we probably need a disciplinarian like Lambert to kick their collective backsides when some of them try to run the club for their own benefit.

He wouldn't be my first or even second choice because I would love to see a Martinez/Rodgers football revolution begin to take shape at Villa, but I'm realistic enough to settle for a more pragmatic change.

Lambert would quickly improve Villa while ruthlessly controlling the possible trouble makers.

TBF I think a few of us kinda had the feeling Villa were for definite after someone....quietly working away at it in the background

regardless of who was the latest press rumour.

We just didn't and DON'T know who that is.

I would also imagine there would need to be a few Plan B's up the proverbial sleeve in case No 1 choice fell through.

Who No 1 choice is?,..... well we're all guessing!

Lambert would quickly improve Villa while ruthlessly controlling the possible trouble makers.

He strikes me as being one tough cookie....like the teacher at school you hope you get on with because if you don't life won't be pleasant!

If so... good... maybe that's JUST what we could do with at BMH.

Norwich play passing football too.

One thing though that MAY be a clue.... is that Lambert hasn't as far as I know been linked with any OTHER managerial appointment

apart from taking over at Villa.

Unlike Martinez, Rodgers etc.

He strikes me as being one tough cookie....like the teacher at school you hope you get on with because if you don't life won't be pleasant!

If so... good... maybe that's JUST what we could do with at BMH.

Norwich play passing football too.

Mat Kendrick or Tim Abraham won't like him if he's manager haha!

Won't be rushed = waiting for Liverpool to pick first.
and possibly Chelsea and WBA too

So we can pick from the scraps :(

not at all mate, your choice wether to believe it or not, im not sure i do!! but hes seems to be genuine!

Utter balls - accountants wouldn't draw up a contract - lawyers would.

Take it from someone who is an accountant.

not at all mate, your choice wether to believe it or not, im not sure i do!! but hes seems to be genuine!

Utter balls - accountants wouldn't draw up a contract - lawyers would.

Take it from someone who is an accountant.

The contract is in Excel so thats why it needed an Accountant haha