General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Eherm.... Pep Guardiola was given the step up from managing Barcelona's reserves to the first team.

Kevin Mac with a DOF might be just what's needed IMHO - He's not adverse to kicking butts, which is why we've had such a successful

reserve team & academy for many years.

Unfortunately we lost James Milner from the team when KMac took over after we thumped West Ham at VP first game of the season.

We played one of the best games of football I've seen at Villa Park that I'd seen for ages that day. Subsequently without Milner we fell apart - ie stuffed 6-0 at Newcastle next game etc etc.

Everyone had a huge shock after MON walked out 5 days before the season started and there was alot of upheaval just then, so to

judge him on results is a tad ufair methinks.

KM & Cowans have jobs for life at BHM IMHO and they are good coaches, who get their teams playing attractive football.

Go watch the youngsters if you're in any doubt.

Of the current squad right now for me personally, the only established premiership players are Given, Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Ireland, Bent, Agbonlahor. I left out Petrov for obvious reasons. That is 8 players, people are talking about getting rid of four of them. Out of the rest of the squad I cant imagine Albrighton, Delfouneso, Delph, Clark, Bannan, Weimann, Stevens, Lichaj, Herd, Baker, Marshall, Johnson, Burke, Williams, Gardner, Curruthers are on big wages? Leaving only Makoun & Holman. Is it just me or is that squad wafer thin. We need a manager who can get good money for the back four if they are to be sold and then can not only replace them but add a hell of a lot to the team. In my opinion we need about £40mil.

When you put it like this how does Villa need RL to bail them out 2 years in a row to a cost of 20 - 40 million each year? The squad is thread bare and we sold all the family Silverware which got money back in. Also we are 19th in the world club league table released last week. How are we loosing so much money ... cant be high wages as we only have 8 real first team players from above.

gate receipts have plummeted.

Its wags from the last few years I think you will find. Players have sucked all the money from the club and accomplished nothing...but like idiots we give them long term contracts just to secure the so called "top players" :x

We need to change the whole way we do buissness why buy a shit so called proven premiership players like Hutton when you can have 3 talented hungry lower league players and pay them 10k a week.

Of the current squad right now for me personally, the only established premiership players are Given, Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Ireland, Bent, Agbonlahor. I left out Petrov for obvious reasons. That is 8 players, people are talking about getting rid of four of them. Out of the rest of the squad I cant imagine Albrighton, Delfouneso, Delph, Clark, Bannan, Weimann, Stevens, Lichaj, Herd, Baker, Marshall, Johnson, Burke, Williams, Gardner, Curruthers are on big wages? Leaving only Makoun & Holman. Is it just me or is that squad wafer thin. We need a manager who can get good money for the back four if they are to be sold and then can not only replace them but add a hell of a lot to the team. In my opinion we need about £40mil.

When you put it like this how does Villa need RL to bail them out 2 years in a row to a cost of 20 - 40 million each year? The squad is thread bare and we sold all the family Silverware which got money back in. Also we are 19th in the world club league table released last week. How are we loosing so much money ... cant be high wages as we only have 8 real first team players from above.

gate receipts have plummeted.

Its wags from the last few years I think you will find. Players have sucked all the money from the club and accomplished nothing...but like idiots we give them long term contracts just to secure the so called "top players" :x

We need to change the whole way we do buissness why buy a shit so called proven premiership players like Hutton when you can have 3 talented hungry lower league players and pay them 10k a week.

So we dont owe RL anything, he let this all happen. Def right about hutton and 3 lower league players. Conference league players wouldnt demand 10k a week but :lol:

My word for today is "waiting."

Randy talked to OGS, then b*ggered it up by "waiting."

Randy is now "waiting" in hope that Martinez will turn down L'pool, but "waiting" probably means that if he doesn't go to L'pool he'll announce that he's staying to finish his project at Wigan.

Randy is "waiting" to see if Di Matteo is offered the Chelsea job, mistakenly thinking that because Chelsea won the big one RDM is now a big name.

Randy is "waiting" to see how fans react to the rumour of giving the job to KMac (that should be a short wait) before reluctantly approaching a candidate that both he and Paul Faulkner are a little bit afraid of .... Paul Lambert!

The above is all "in my opinion" of course, and I'm "waiting" with no real hope or expectation that RL/PF know exactly what they are able to achieve at this moment in time.

Pretty much how I see it.

Randy is waiting on the outcome of Martinez and Di Matteo.....I don't think there can be many other reasons for such a delay.

Id imagine the fact we were paying the likes of Heskey, Knight, Beye, Cuellar, Harewood, Davies, Sidwell, Shorey, Reo-coker ridiclous wages while none of them were really first team players (obviously at different times).

Eherm.... Pep Guardiola was given the step up from managing Barcelona's reserves to the first team.

Kevin Mac with a DOF might be just what's needed IMHO - He's not adverse to kicking butts, which is why we've had such a successful

reserve team & academy.

Unfortunately we lost James Milner from the team when KMac took over after we thumped West Ham at VP first game of the season.

We played one of the best games of football I've seen at Villa Park that day I'd seen for ages. Without Milner we fell apart.

Everyone had a huge shock after MON walked out 5 days before the season started and there was alot of upheaval just then, so to

judge him on results is a tad ufair methinks.

KM & Cowans have jobs for life at BHM IMHO and they are good coaches, who get their teams playing attractive football.

Go watch the youngsters if you're in any doubt.

Firstly this should never be the case in any organisation.

KMac has been part of the 1st team coaching set up for the last couple of years and in the club for longer.

Guardiola was only coaching the reserves for a year before he got the top job, so was still a 'fresh broom' when he coached the first team.

I am sure both of these (Kmac and Sid) are good coaches for that youth level. Although one thing I will say is that we have produced a lot of players over the years and the one thing that always fails them is hunger, dedication and desire. Which are the main ingredients for a player reaching the top. (Quality should be a given at the top level).

reserve team & academy.

we are not barcelona we cannot afford to take that risk. kmac had his chance. first he was dithering whether he was going to apply or not, then followed a woeful and i mean woeful 6-0 humilation against newcastle then followed by a absolute disaster at home to vienna

he should be reserves simple as that.

I have a lot of respect for KMac as a person and as a coach. I've watched loads of reserve games and the guy is very good at what he does.

His reaction to media questions last summer about whether he wanted to be Villa manager tell you everything you need to know about KMac. He would find the stress and long hours too much for him over an extended period of time.

I hope he stays at Villa for many more years, but not as manager. He doesn't have the mental toughness and sheer ruthless dedication to stay on top of things 24/7.

reserve team & academy.

we are not barcelona we cannot afford to take that risk. kmac had his chance. first he was dithering whether he was going to apply or not, then followed a woeful and i mean woeful 6-0 humilation against newcastle then followed by a absolute disaster at home to vienna

he should be reserves simple as that.

Agree. Sorry KMac, you seem a decent bloke, but that 6-0 is impossible to forget.

Plus aswell with KMac, with all due respect, he might be well liked and respected within the club, but can't imagine many players out there thinking 'Yes i'd love to sign for Villa and play for that man'. Onto the next one, please.

We need some one who can transform the club from top to bottom in about 2 to 3 years. We need someone who can come in and change every aspect of the club. However we will not get this man in my opinion.

Possible night watchmen role for KMac for a year while the books are balanced & contracts run down

I wouldn't have any confidence that he would keep us up.

There would be the same feeling of dispondancy around VP. I look at Gabby's comments about KMac doing a good job and we should hire him and cringe.

These players will cruise under KMac and he will probably want to give them another chance.

I honestly don't think there could be many worse appointments than KMac and I include the likes of RDM and Southgate in that.