General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Definitely agree, KMAC has experience with our players and knows them inside out, as he does the club also.

He understands what the fans want and i reckon if we gave him a chance (temporary) to prove himself or as you say keep the club going at a decent level for a year until we get a new manager would be perfect.

Lets be honest we've spent loads on players in recent years, but we havent helped ourselves recently with managers e.g: paying off houllier then getting mcleish from small heath then paying him off also... Theres not a lot of candidates available without paying compensation :/

So the cheapest way for a manager ( who has proved himself year after year in ressies) whether it be temporary or permanent would surely be KMAC ! :S

Mat Kendrick, Timothy Abraham, MysteryMan and GaztonVilla all VERY quiet :!:

It is Kendrick's birthday weekend so he has probably taken it off. MM said he doesn't know much and Kendrick is the most ITK.

Also it is a sunny weekend so people will be out spending time with families rather than furiously twweting. But more importantly Randy is/was in the USA and nothing is happening...probably.

Definitely agree, KMAC has experience with our players and knows them inside out, as he does the club also.

He understands what the fans want and i reckon if we gave him a chance (temporary) to prove himself or as you say keep the club going at a decent level for a year until we get a new manager would be perfect.

Lets be honest we've spent loads on players in recent years, but we havent helped ourselves recently with managers e.g: paying off houllier then getting mcleish from small heath then paying him off also... Theres not a lot of candidates available without paying compensation :/

So the cheapest way for a manager ( who has proved himself year after year in ressies) whether it be temporary or permanent would surely be KMAC ! :S

Did Jack help you write this? :lol:

Hey guys, first time poster here!!!! I’m not here claiming to be ITK(they wind me up) but being a massive villa and Gillingham fan(i live down south, don’t shoot me), i’ve heard a bit of gossip on a Gillingham message board by a respected poster. He works for an accountants, which i know is true, he reckons he’s been tipped of by a friend at his firm that a contract has been drawn up for paul lambert!!!! – good news if true! His odds are already shortening and the Birmingham post are mentioning his name again in their headline strangely! So, don’t take this as gospel, but he sounds very genuine about this and has no reason to post anything about the villa!!!

Hmm odds have dropped markedly on Paul Lambert this morning...

Apparently I've just been PM'd by a fan of a club down South that someone on a message board who is not a NCFC fan or a Villa

fan has posted that he has some inside info regarding all this and PL is coming. Anyone else heard about this?

Maybe it's just another rumour for the bookies to take in some more dosh though? Who knows.

Don't shoot the messenger but thought I'd pass on as we're all so bored.

He had that chance before Houllier.

Hmm odds have dropped markedly on Paul Lambert this morning...

Apparently I've just been PM'd by a fan of a club down South that someone on a message board who is not a NCFC fan or a Villa

fan has posted that he has some inside info regarding all this and PL is coming. Anyone else heard about this?

Maybe it's just another rumour for the bookies to take in some more dosh though? Who knows.

Don't shoot the messenger but thought I'd pass on as we're all so bored.

Hmmm I wonder who PM'd you....look up!

Not buying it.

Hahaaa no he never :)... of course I put jack into perspective, but im worried for the team also considering ive been a fan before jack was at the villa ;) KMAC deserves a shot at the big time again.

Hmmm I wonder who PM'd you....look up!

Not buying it.

Yeah well he asked me to post it....so I did.... and I said I wasn't buying it because there's soooo many rumours at mo.

However Lambert's odds have dropped alot this morning and there's a growing number of rumours on twitter, but like

you say it might be booky job designed to get the takings up.

We've seen it all before.................

Hey guys, first time poster here!!!! I’m not here claiming to be ITK(they wind me up) but being a massive villa and Gillingham fan(i live down south, don’t shoot me), i’ve heard a bit of gossip on a Gillingham message board by a respected poster. He works for an accountants, which i know is true, he reckons he’s been tipped of by a friend at his firm that a contract has been drawn up for paul lambert!!!! – good news if true! His odds are already shortening and the Birmingham post are mentioning his name again in their headline strangely! So, don’t take this as gospel, but he sounds very genuine about this and has no reason to post anything about the villa!!!

1. which message board? link?

2. which accountancy firm?

KMac to oversee the removal of the old guard and keeping us in the division before the appointment of OGS next summer

/wishful thinking

The keeping us in the division being the wishful thinking there

hendrix101 is clearly a confederate for the bookies, to get money on Lambert, seeing as Villa will actually sign up OGS and they need to recoup some of their losses.... :detect::mrgreen:

not at all mate, your choice wether to believe it or not, im not sure i do!! but hes seems to be genuine!

Hahaaa no he never :)... of course I put jack into perspective, but im worried for the team also considering ive been a fan before jack was at the villa ;) KMAC deserves a shot at the big time again.

He comes across as a ditherer and 'scared' at the top level.

Wheteher he is or not I don't know but perception is everything in football. If players perceive this he will fail, if fans perceive this he will fail, if signings percieve this he will fail.

He is not what we need IMO and he doest have the steel and desire to be the best as a manager. Therefore he will fail.

And for me personally didnt do a bad job. He wasnt given a long time lets be honest. Everyone seems to forget that we played west ham at home and it was one of the best attacking football games i have seen in years(under KMAC) We comfortably beat them 3-0.

Then i went away to newcastle and was there the day we got beat 6-0. no doubt it was embarrasing for me in the away end but he didnt have long to prepare or even to rise to the challenge of the hotseat. He's not my ideal candidate but he keeps on doing it in the reserves...

And for me personally didnt do a bad job. He wasnt given a long time lets be honest. Everyone seems to forget that we played west ham at home and it was one of the best attacking football games i have seen in years(under KMAC) We comfortably beat them 3-0.

Then i went away to newcastle and was there the day we got beat 6-0. no doubt it was embarrasing for me in the away end but he didnt have long to prepare or even to rise to the challenge of the hotseat. He's not my ideal candidate but he keeps on doing it in the reserves...

He only wasn't given longer as he was trying to decide if he wanted to be a manager. No desire there.

West Ham game was good. But West Ham were awful and went down that season.

Also we got knocked out by Austria Vienna under him too.

Had 8 games and only won 2.