Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Still totally on the fence with Lambert as our new manager but the signs are very encouraging he is starting to make the required changes. Hopefully we will have a new team come the start of the season and one to be proud of.

hopefully mate but we all need to be realistic and know it's not going to be a quick fix, i'm sure next season will start to see the true lambert team! a lot of deadwood will still need to be off loaded...and not many clubs will look at our players due to last season's form!

however Lambert may get the best out of everyone and we could have the new Cafu lol or next Maldini haha ok maybe not that much...

i can not wait till the start of the season...most excited i've been in years

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:notworthy:

Wasn't my first choice of manager but maybe he is the man to lead the revolution?

Thank god he is doing this, our scouting network was utter bollocks. Numan was meant to scout Holland for the season and turned up with Holman, what a waste of scouting time that was. Instead of sending him there for a year he could have just boght a copy of football manager 12 and searched for players in the last year of their contracts. Surely that would have been more cost effective :lol:

Was rumoured Culverhouse contract with Norwich was up end of this month.

Few tweets last few days and today that he's now a free agent & free to speak to Villa.

Yay!

Nowt our end Julie, and believe me we would know.

Thank god he is doing this, our scouting network was utter bollocks. Numan was meant to scout Holland for the season and turned up with Holman, what a waste of scouting time that was. Instead of sending him there for a year he could have just boght a copy of football manager 12 and searched for players in the last year of their contracts. Surely that would have been more cost effective :lol:

To be fair to him, McCleish probably didn't tell him to look for the next Bergkamp or any of those tricky, unpredictable "technical" or "creative" players, likely just told him to look for experience and hard work on the cheap. We all saw how Eck handled technically skilled players at Blues (say, Hleb and, holy crap, remember De Ridder? "I said to Danny a while back that I felt if we were more of a passing team, I may think about him more." :shock: ), can't say I'm surprised we ended up with a grafter. Also, we don't know who might've actually been scouted and/or suggested by Numan, we just know who Rinus McMichels chose.

Few tweets last few days and today that he's now a free agent & free to speak to Villa.

Yay!

Just like you knew Lambert was staying......whoops!

Yay!

Just like you knew Lambert was staying......whoops!

Ouch!

Seriously, I've always said you'll get them both, I just want it sorted now, its disruptive imo.

Yay!

You'd be the last to know.

Norfolk isn't due to get internet until 2015 apparently and the carrier pigeons aren't due to land until August .

So we're 9 hours in to the 1st of July. Where's Culverhouse and Karsa? God this is ridiculous. Lambert OUT.

I fully expected kaka and defoe to have signed by now. They must still be both at the travel lodge waiting for randys jet

So we're 9 hours in to the 1st of July. Where's Culverhouse and Karsa? God this is ridiculous. Lambert OUT.

I fully expected kaka and defoe to have signed by now. They must still be both at the travel lodge waiting for randys jet

:D

Somebody who I think is ITK but statistically speaking knows FA, has posted something somewhere about us signing someone. I'm just going to look @twatter to see if someone else has read the same post and tweeted it. If so, I think there is a high possibility it might be true.

Interesting Baz, keep us briefed ! If you factor in that it is now July (and not June) then it becomes even more definite.