Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kev Mac is a free agent now and will no doubt be picked up by a decent lower league club where he'll do well.

I can imagine we'll send him some youngsters to help him out too.

Never really doubted the deadly duo would be coming aboard too, the fact that PL made no moves for any other staff shows he was confident his pals would be coming to join the revolution. Can't wait for pre-season to start and a few friendlies played.

Was rumoured Culverhouse contract with Norwich was up end of this month.

Few tweets last few days and today that he's now a free agent & free to speak to Villa.

Yay!

Nowt our end Julie, and believe me we would know.

Will you just get off your high horse for one post? You don't know anything more about this than we do, and most of us know next to **** all.

Just because Culverhouse has worked for Norwich does nor mean all Norwich fans are privy to his thoughts.

You only know what information the club are willing to leak to the media. Anything more is absorbed and exploited by the media into bullshit and bluster.

Speaking of high horses. How is us nicking Lambert due to a contract clause, despite Norwich believing otherwise, any different to Norwich signing Whittaker when Rangers/Newco still believe his contract with them was valid?

I'm not questioning the legality of any of it but you can't moan about Villa being opportunistic when signing Lambert and then swipe away Whittaker hours after he is supposedly no longer a Rangers player?

Wiz - What do you think of McNally mouthing off all the time? Bit odd that he's now said Lambert is going nowhere and Culverhouse and Karsa will do the same jobs as before at Norwich despite Hughton bringing his backroom team in. And now it looks like we're signing both this week. Just strikes me as very naive for a CEO. A bit like Faulkner used to be with us. (Fingers crossed PF doesn't drop a clanger in the coming months).

I see Kevin Macdonald hasn't gone anywhere

Eh?

I think Julie may ahve meant he has not gone to another club. Judging by the rest of her post anyway.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant... he's not gone to another club

Someone said he'd left to retire...I think IIRC that might have been Tim Abrahams on twitter.

I said I maybe jumping the gun a bit when PL joined us as I was told it would take a little longer but would be happening regardless.

Glad it has come to fruition.

Busy week this :winkold:

Few tweets last few days and today that he's now a free agent & free to speak to Villa.

Yay!

Will you just get off your high horse for one post? You don't know anything more about this than we do, and most of us know next to **** all.

Just because Culverhouse has worked for Norwich does nor mean all Norwich fans are privy to his thoughts.

You only know what information the club are willing to leak to the media. Anything more is absorbed and exploited by the media into bullshit and bluster.

Speaking of high horses. How is us nicking Lambert due to a contract clause, despite Norwich believing otherwise, any different to Norwich signing Whittaker when Rangers/Newco still believe his contract with them was valid?

I'm not questioning the legality of any of it but you can't moan about Villa being opportunistic when signing Lambert and then swipe away Whittaker hours after he is supposedly no longer a Rangers player?

Wiz - What do you think of McNally mouthing off all the time? Bit odd that he's now said Lambert is going nowhere and Culverhouse and Karsa will do the same jobs as before at Norwich despite Hughton bringing his backroom team in. And now it looks like we're signing both this week. Just strikes me as very naive for a CEO. A bit like Faulkner used to be with us. (Fingers crossed PF doesn't drop a clanger in the coming months).

McNally appears to have done an excellent job in repairing the obvious decline Norwich have suffered over the last few years. I'm sure nor to many would argue against that. He seems to new making repeated Whelan-esque faux pas' at present that could seal his reputation as small time. I hope he doesn't **** it all up for himself..

I said I maybe jumping the gun a bit when PL joined us as I was told it would take a little longer but would be happening regardless.

Glad it has come to fruition.

Busy week this :winkold:

Yes, so far... Is it still more to come regarding transfers?

Yay!

Firstly, the Rangers situation is entirely different to you getting Lambert from us, for a start, Whittakers contract was with Rangers, not this new hybrid, he was effectively out of contract as are 10 others there!

As to McNally, he's seen as a hero here, no one doubted you would get Cully and Karsa, they were mere pawns in the game.

Its just football thats all.

Yay!

Firstly, the Rangers situation is entirely different to you getting Lambert from us, for a start, Whittakers contract was with Rangers, not this new hybrid, he was effectively out of contract as are 10 others there!

As to McNally, he's seen as a hero here, no one doubted you would get Cully and Karsa, they were mere pawns in the game.

However, the FA and league managers association agree that there was a breach of contract and Lambert was free to leave. Is there really a difference, or are you just ignoring the entire situation/deluding yourself?

Yay!

You're just presuming that Whittaker's contract with the new company is not valid. I'm sure in the end it will be proven correct as well. However, you exploited a loophole in Rangers current situation. We exploited a loophole in Lambert's contract. You can't whinge about us stealing Lambert and not paying compo when, in Rangers/Newco's eyes (rightly wrongly), you did the same with Whittaker.

Well yes it is different but no it isn't entirely different but I will come onto that in a moment.

First I can't help but notice that you seem to be claiming detailed knowledge of Whittakers contract despite the fact the owners of the 'new' Rangers are talking about a challenge to the player(s) decisions.

Personally I actually agree with the players and your assertion that the contract with Rangers was broken.

I can't help though but wonder why you feel there is no contridiction or slight wiff of hypocrisy in drawing such conclusions on his contract situation given that you like many Norwich fans have been highly critical of Villa fans similar specualtion and conclusions in relation to Lambert's contractual situation.

I would also add that just like Norwich in their persuit of compensation from Villa, it would seem the matter is of some dispute to the new Rangers and their owners.

I would also point out that Norwich fans yourself included have been seeking to take the moral high ground over Lambert, claiming Villa should do the right thing seemingly forgetting how Norwich conducted themselves in recruiting Lambert from Colchester.

Yet now Norwich are seemingly happy to step in and benefit from a contractual dispute between Rangers and a player. I see little difference in relation to our stance over Lambert, perhaps you think Norwich should 'do the right thing' and compensate Rangers? No I thought not.

So while the circumstance of the two instances are different there are certain parallels that can be drawn between the two incidents which illustrate more than a little hypocrisy and just a hint of double standards.

Just as you argue that the players contract with Rangers was broken so it would seem would Lambert and Villa about his deal with Norwich. Ultimately both cases will end up being decided far far away from a football field and who knows which way they will go but in the meantime you might be best to remember what you and your fellow fans have argued on the prosecution of one case when presenting the defence on another. ;)

On that we would agree and this entire mess has been caused seemingly because McNally for some reason (perhaps ego) appears to have tried to use Lambert in the same way. Had he not done so then you would still have lost Lambert but you'd likely be about £2m better off right now. What a hero, what a way to treat people who have achieved so much at your club and what a way to potentially lose money.

So far this has made McNally look a bit of a fool.

Yep it is and none of the above is supposed to be a personal dig, you like other Norwich fans are welcome on here but the moral indignation line from your club and many of its fans has worn thin already.

What a ridiculous statement. What game? What was the end result of this game? What achievements did you make? How is your club better off?

From what I see, you were always going to get a new manager (obviously) and he was also obviously going to bring in his own staff, making Culverhouse and Karsa redundant anyway.

Yeah, mere pawns in a game...jog on.

The underdog hard done by syndrome in your MaNually is a hero statement is actually pathetic. A hero with a morale victory maybe? Not even that more like a man with trying to save face after his arrogance lost your club the best manager you have had in the last decade. That is not football. That is laughable and the actions of a man who got carried away and put his ego before the best interests of your club.

McNally did very well by himself. He ignored a clause in a contract which meant Norwich were no longer entitled to anything from the pursuing club. If he hadn't ignored it, we would have arrived at the same position as now except Norwich would have a few more sheckles in their pocket. So he clearly messed up. But McNally knows perception is key, so he played it cleverly to his fans and pretended to play hardball with Villa for the coaches.

Fans as a general rule never want to acknowledge that their club is the one that messed up, so the Norwich fans were too ready to believe their chairman when he started ranting about Big Bad Villa. We got our manager. We got him for free. If we had done something wrong, a clearly motivated McNally would have dragged us through the courts. He hasn't done that. The only compo they are entitled to now is whatever was left (if anything) for Culverhouse and Karsa. Given that it's now July, it's likely they'll get nothing for them. Any hero status McNally has in Norwich is down to the fans' reluctance or downright refusal to look at the facts of what happened rather than burying their heads and saying 'no no, Villa are bad, la la la'.

I'd say we have done well out of this , Norwich have been paying the Salaries of Culverhouse and Karsa during the off season .so basically them sitting around doing nothing and we get them just as the players get back.

McNally did very well by himself. He ignored a clause in a contract which meant Norwich were no longer entitled to anything from the pursuing club. If he hadn't ignored it, we would have arrived at the same position as now except Norwich would have a few more sheckles in their pocket. So he clearly messed up. But McNally knows perception is key, so he played it cleverly to his fans and pretended to play hardball with Villa for the coaches.

Fans as a general rule never want to acknowledge that their club is the one that messed up, so the Norwich fans were too ready to believe their chairman when he started ranting about Big Bad Villa. We got our manager. We got him for free. If we had done something wrong, a clearly motivated McNally would have dragged us through the courts. He hasn't done that. The only compo they are entitled to now is whatever was left (if anything) for Culverhouse and Karsa. Given that it's now July, it's likely they'll get nothing for them. Any hero status McNally has in Norwich is down to the fans' reluctance or downright refusal to look at the facts of what happened rather than burying their heads and saying 'no no, Villa are bad, la la la'.

Spot on BOF!

What's more McNasty, in the same week as losing upwards of £1M for his club through his own arrogance....... managed to peev off his star striker by telling him he was too old for a 3 year contract - so his agent told the local papers. Just goes to show what a good manager Hughton is as he's obviously talked him out of moving.

Hope McNasty has had to eat a large slice of one of Delia's homemade humble pies! Apparently chatting to a Norwich fan last night on twitter his wife has filed divorce papers recently as well. Maybe she thinks the nickname Norwich fans gave him suits!

I'd say we have done well out of this , Norwich have been paying the Salaries of Culverhouse and Karsa during the off season .so basically them sitting around doing nothing and we get them just as the players get back.

@HolidayPayisonus! NCFC