Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally over my head that one!

I've only been posting since the back end of 2010. I've seen these Delap references from a few people in various topics before but I've never read why or seen it questioned. Care to explain, for future reference?

Someone once pointed out the throw on Delap. Everyone already knew about the throw on Delap donkeys years beforehand, so they poked fun at him. Now 'the throw on Delap' is used whenever someone says something that's either painfully well-known or very obvious. Don't worry, it's an honour really :)

Great news about the scouting overhaul...I'm tired of Newcastle, Everton and smaller clubs snatching up good talent on the cheap...

More positive signs that we are heading in the right direction!

Totally over my head that one!

I've only been posting since the back end of 2010. I've seen these Delap references from a few people in various topics before but I've never read why or seen it questioned. Care to explain, for future reference?

Someone once pointed out the throw on Delap. Everyone already knew about the throw on Delap donkeys years beforehand, so they poked fun at him. Now 'the throw on Delap' is used whenever someone says something that's either painfully well-known or very obvious. Don't worry, it's an honour really :)

Luckily, the thread is immortalised in the hall of fame.

Quite a read

Click Me!

Glenn Roeder?

This guy is head of our scouting team? well no wonder.

I thought Paul Montgomery was our chief scout until he was recently relieved of his duties.

Im sure i read somewhere that Roeder was responsible for scouting match day opposition?

very nice article that......

this quote is key for me...

Although Norwich gained many plaudits for their playing style in the Championship, the club attempted the most long balls of any team in the Premier League last season. However, given that the club scored sixteen goals from set pieces (thirteen more than Villa), it is clear that the tactic was used not as a staple, but because it was effective. Moreover, Norwich also made more short passes per game than eight other teams, and only Manchester United, Arsenal and Spurs scored more goals on the counter attack.

i'm not against the use of long balls at all if they are effective and fit into the system we play and it is clear there is a plan for using them.....

its clear that Lambert has the tactical nous to change the way his teams play depending on the opposition...

and im looking forward to seeing not just a Plan A and B from Villa next season but even a C D and E aswell

Glenn Roeder?

This guy is head of our scouting team? well no wonder.

I thought Paul Montgomery was our chief scout until he was recently relieved of his duties.

Im sure i read somewhere that Roeder was responsible for scouting match day opposition?

Ohh okay, well then that's not so bad... Still think we should ship him out.

And yeah Montgomery is head of scouting Say's in this article anyway.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/06/29/paul-lambert-overhauls-aston-villa-scouting-system-97319-31286189/

Isn't it strange to change the scouts now in the middle of silly season? And if those scouts were so bad, who found El Khamadi (sp?)? Was it one of them or the new ones? And who are the new scouts? Are they former Norwich scouts and have they done some scouting for Lambert whilst being paid by Norwich? I don't know anything about how transfers are done in the reality so I guess I yet again have to trust Lambert that he knows what he's doing. :)

Isn't it strange to change the scouts now in the middle of silly season? And if those scouts were so bad, who found El Khamadi (sp?)? Was it one of them or the new ones? And who are the new scouts? Are they former Norwich scouts and have they done some scouting for Lambert whilst being paid by Norwich? I don't know anything about how transfers are done in the reality so I guess I yet again have to trust Lambert that he knows what he's doing. :)

We don't need the scouts for now! Lambert gave Faulkner a list of players he wants and were working on this list...new scouts will then be settled in and ready for Jan or next Summer

We don't need the scouts for now! Lambert gave Faulkner a list of players he wants and were working on this list...new scouts will then be settled in and ready for Jan or next Summer

forgot to say El Ahmadi WAS one of the players on Lamberts list, this has been said by Lambert himself, think it was Brum Mail who said it.

Yeah, just read that. But still, someone has to have done the scouting job first. But I guess it's rather common that a manager who leaves for a new club takes his old targets to the new club.

forgot to say El Ahmadi WAS one of the players on Lamberts list, this has been said by Lambert himself, think it was Brum Mail who said it.

I was under the impression it was Mcleish and Numan last season.

Still totally on the fence with Lambert as our new manager but the signs are very encouraging he is starting to make the required changes. Hopefully we will have a new team come the start of the season and one to be proud of.