Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Can't see there would be much purchase in Naaarch hanging on to them, other than spitefulness. It's likely any new manager would want to bring in his own backroom staff so Naaarch would then be left with the problem of paying them off. Why not get Randy to pay for them instead?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing he can do to be even more popular is get rid of the troublesome Collins, Dunne and Warnock.

Don't forget HUTTON!!!!!

If he does that - hes pretty much going to have to blow his whole budget on a new defence - or play the kids. I d be tempted to keep at least Dunne

Hutton out first please, we play with 10 men when he's in the team anyway, no loss whatsoever.

Would it be wrong to say I hope Randy doesn't sell.

Yes get some hefty investment into the club, but I'm kinda proud that we've

Bucked the trend & not filled our team with nutjob Ballotellis.

Yes I know we bort British idiots along the way but AVFC have provided

England with more players than any other club anywhere,

and I'm kinda proud of that. Would love us to mix it up with some

more Laursen & Mellbergs et al but hope wateva happens we can breed

& find British players sans WAG culture.

Hopefully Lambert & Co will do better & he does unearth

some gems from the lower leagues, the PL as well as from

abroad.

Anyhow maybe that's a romantic notion & I should be more

pragmatic, but Im not sure I'd wanna lose our identity.

:D awesome

Are his backroom staff coming with him?

Nothing has been said yet.. I recall something earlier saying Lambert would prefer his backroom team to stay together, so I'd assume he'd do his best to get them here. I'd also assume that with Norwich getting a new manager Ian and Gary would be out of a job anyway as the next manager will want his own staff more than likely.. I am 95% confident that his backroom staff are with him.

Would it be wrong to say I hope Randy doesn't sell.

Yes get some hefty investment into the club, but I'm kinda proud that we've

Bucked the trend & not filled our team with nutjob Ballotellis.

Yes I know we bort British idiots along the way but AVFC have provided

England with more players than any other club anywhere,

and I'm kinda proud of that. Would love us to mix it up with some

more Laursen & Mellbergs et al but hope wateva happens we can breed

& find British players sans WAG culture.

Hopefully Lambert & Co will do better & he does unearth

some gems from the lower leagues, the PL as well as from

abroad.

Anyhow maybe that's a romantic notion & I should be more

pragmatic, but Im not sure I'd wanna lose our identity.

Id love Randy to sell up. He has no idea how to run a football club or an NFL franchise. His control on wages was neglegent to say the least and his appointment of McLeish was unforgivable. Throw in the fact he had wages at 90% of revenue by inceasing the wage bill from £28m to £83m in four years and now has the clubs net debt at nearly £200m id say he has made a massive mess overall during his tenure.

To compete with Ci£y €Helsea and ManUre we would need a sheikh Gazillionaire to come in & spend about 700m

Not sure I can be arsed with all that entails to be honest

It would kill off all my love for the club in a strange way

His backroom team is a must. Norwich fans already starting to call for Culverhouse to be installed as manager, he does a majority of the training sessions apparently. I imagine we'll take them all, Lambert is a risk as it is even bigger one without the backroom team that has helped make him successful so I imagine we will get them

delighted with this appointment he is the antithesis of McLeish and we will attack teams home and away and score goals in the process. If we play like Norwich did with our better attacking talent we will be fun to watch again.

Richard won't reveal a thing. Thing is, I don't think he's lying either. I'm convinced we're about to be taken over soon.

I have no idea if Aston Villa is going to be taken over anytime soon, but some big changes will be happening to the Aston area soonish.

From The King Edward pub up past Queens Road police station all of it will be going, not really sure what they're going to build on it or who is buying the land to build on it.

The King Edward going, but the owner may be moving to the Church Tavern which is up the road from the Aston Social which has been abandoned for years.

The Adventurers going

Aston Social going

Heard someone wants to buy The Vine pub and make it into flats.

Big changes for Aston, but will those changes be connected to Aston Villa?

I think I would just share a little story with you all.

As we all know football is turning into a game for the mega rich. To an extent it looks like the CL and mega money from investors is the only chance of success. But for the last 3 years we have seen something in Denmark that gives me hope for the future. One of the smaller clubs in Denmark, FC Nordsjælland (FCN), started doing things the right way. The focused on developing of young players and were very tight with contracts to the established players basic wages, but topped that with good bonuses for success.

2 years they won the Cup and they repeated this last year. This year they won the league and therefore qualified directly to the CL. Now you will all say that this is Denmarks mickey mouse league (and that is true), and that there is not that much money in Denmark compare to UK (and that is true as well), but what we have in Denmark is an all dominating team FC Copenhagen (FCK). They had won 8 out of the last 10 championships and are the richest club by FAR. Looking at the spending wages FCK easily outspends everyone else. FCN on the other hand, in a league of 10 teams, was only the 6 highest spender and only spend 25% of what FCK did.

So it can be done, it is possible to compete without outspending the competitors. It will take some time, but if you have the right management then there is still hope.

I for one hope we can do something similar, now that we have a talented manager and an owner that is willing to back him.

UTV.

You only have to look at the job that David Moyes has done at Everton to prove that you don't have to throw ridiculous amounts of money about to be competitive. Imagine if he had an extra 10-20 million every summer. I guarantee that Everton would challenge the top 4 every single season.

While teams like Chelsea and Man City can consistently throw 30-50 million on one player, teams like Villa and Everton could rebuild a whole squad with that.

You only have to look at the job that David Moyes has done at Everton to prove that you don't have to throw ridiculous amounts of money about to be competitive. Imagine if he had an extra 10-20 million every summer. I guarantee that Everton would challenge the top 4 every single season.

While teams like Chelsea and Man City can consistently throw 30-50 million on one player, teams like Villa and Everton could rebuild a whole squad with that.

I know Moyes is doing a good job, but even though they are competive there is not much success is there? The point is in winning and neither Newcastle or Everton has done that. That is why I think FCN is a fantastic story, they actually won the league - it should never have happened with their budget. If a club with 25% of Man. U's wages had won the league it would have been the same.