Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Why only a one-line statement? Hardly selling him to us are they?

2. When's the press conference?

3. Please can we nip this "Lambo" nickname in the bud, NOW !! :evil:

God job his name isn't Paul Sambert

1. I think the statement was kept brief because much of the time the extra lines are used to say how professional the other team had been, Norwich weren't professional from what I've heard so we said nothing.

2. Press conference is on Wednesday after the long bank holiday weekend..

3. Lambo, Lambo!, LAMBO!!! :lol:

I'm very excited about next season now. It will also be nice to sing the manager's name again.

Welll done as well to RL and PF - they actually made a sensible managerial appointment. :shock:

Now make sure you back it up with some decent cash, you bastards! PL has a lot of work to do to repair the damage of the past two seasons.
Don't worry ;-)

Wow! Hell must have freezed over and pigs have started flying - Richard is being positive about Randy Lerner! :flag: :birthday:

Wonderful news! We have a manager that wants to win and play proper footie!

One slight worry for us regarding our history with Scottish managers though....

But I wouldn't be a Villa fan of I didn't moan about something ;)

The Villa are Back!

The Villa are Back!

I'm not sure what a bit of razzmatazz would add. The OS also has a report on Hitzfeld's compliments on PL. The OS statement is a concise and professional contrast to the flapping budgies.

There may be a press conference (Wednesday?) but I wouldn't expect anything insightful.

I believe Lambo is an existing nickname of PL. If it proves popular you may need to accept and/or relax about it. :D

100% support from me for Paul and whatever he wants to do to improve the squad, may even be some unpopular decions I may not necessarily like but it's a case of sucking it up and backing the guy

100% support from me for Paul and whatever he wants to do to improve the squad, may even be some unpopular decions I may not necessarily like but it's a case of sucking it up and backing the guy

demitri_C

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

this

I believe Lambo is an existing nickname of PL. If it proves popular you may need to accept and/or relax about it. :D

With Norwich City Fans/Delia Smith types maybe but Villa fans? *shakes head*

The statement isn't concise at all, blunt and abrupt maybe and a little unprofessional. I want to hear about his vision, ambition etc

With Norwich City Fans/Delia Smith types maybe but Villa fans? *shakes head*

The statement isn't concise at all, blunt and abrupt maybe and a little unprofessional. I want to hear about his vision, ambition etc

I think that will be revealed at the press conference - presuming Wednesday? i'm not too sure