Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm there seems to be rumours that Alan Thompson has left Celtic and is on his way to Villa..

just noted that - wonder if that means we've not got Lambert's usual back room staff (Culverhouse and Karsa) after all?

Hmm there seems to be rumours that Alan Thompson has left Celtic and is on his way to Villa..

Would be good to get some Villa heads on board.

Anyway with regard to Lambert buying from abroad, he was only in the PL one season. It's not long enough to judge. The lower divisions generally don't buy from abroad.

just noted that - wonder if that means we've not got Lambert's usual back room staff (Culverhouse and Karsa) after all?

If Thompson first team coach at Celtic, I'd imagine he'd be the same here. Culverhouse is Lambo's assistant and Karsa is his do it all man, scouting, coaching (head of football operations). So don't think that would effect those two coming.

If Thompson first team coach at Celtic, I'd imagine he'd be the same here. Culverhouse is Lambo's assistant and Karsa is his do it all man, scouting, coaching (head of football operations). So don't think that would effect those two coming.

I think Culverhouse is the man that'll lead Naarwhich next season.

Does anyone know why there is so little content on the official site? Sorry if this has been covered

Yes this has bothered me a little I have 2 theories:-

1. If thet spouted off they had recruited one of the finest young managers in the game - who has had an immediate impact everywhere he has been - this may effect the amount of compensation payable.

2.The alliance of Faulkner and Lambert looks an uneasy one to me. Perhaps this is PF saying 'Im boss'

Could it be that Alan Thompson is going to be Lambert's assistant, didnt he used to play for you?

Alan Thompson quits his first-team coaching role at Celtic

Celtic first team coach Alan Thompson has parted company with the club, BBC Scotland has learned.

Thompson was appointed by Neil Lennon in June 2010 alongside assistant manager Johann Mjallby following the sacking of Tony Mowbray.

The Englishman previously won four Scottish Premier League titles as a player with Celtic between 2000-07.

He was also was capped once for England and featured in Celtic's run to the Uefa Cup final against Porto in 2003