Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Richard won't reveal a thing. Thing is, I don't think he's lying either. I'm convinced we're about to be taken over soon.

I thought that at first but I doubt it.

I think Lerner will stay and spend instead.

Maybe, but Richard's change has been very drastic recently. Even if Lerner was going to spend a lot I'm still not entirely sure Richard would trust him, yet he seems certain we're going to enjoy "what's coming".

Richard won't reveal a thing. Thing is, I don't think he's lying either. I'm convinced we're about to be taken over soon.

Just to maybe back up what Richard is hinting atwas told day after Norwich game that crack from B6 was Lerner was going after Lambert AND there had indeed been some wealthy Arabs at BMH with Lerner wen rumours wer going around about QI and that they were interested in buying/investing in AVFC

Mega wealthy didnt go far enough!

Anyhow took it all with pinch of salt at time, but am now wondering

now that we have indeed got first bit sorted, whether there

was actually some truth in what I was told. You never know!

Surely though if we were being bought by QIA we'd have appointed a bigger name manager? Now I'm absolutely fine with Lambert and think he's a good choice but he's not an appointment I'd expect from wealthy new owners.

I thought that at first but I doubt it.

I think Lerner will stay and spend instead.

Maybe, but Richard's change has been very drastic recently. Even if Lerner was going to spend a lot I'm still not entirely sure Richard would trust him, yet he seems certain we're going to enjoy "what's coming".

Yeah I feel the same as the change was drastic and fast as if someone he knows that is practically never wrong has told him that an ultra rich arab is buying Villa.

Surely though if we were being bought by QIA we'd have appointed a bigger name manager? Now I'm absolutely fine with Lambert and think he's a good choice but he's not an appointment I'd expect from wealthy new owners.

Lambert is as ambitious as anyone! What did he say at interview?

"I am a winner!" ....Enough said really.

Also has working with him a highly rated coach.

Don't!

I don't want to get excited for no reason. I couldn't see Randy selling during the summer BUT I could definitely see him welcoming the investment of others. Maybe an investment now with a view to buying Villa completely in the future seems a bit more realistic? I don't know.

Firstly, welcome Paul Lambert to Aston Villa. I'm sure you'll do well. A few questions, though;

Who is Richard and what has he said?

Why is Richard's opinion valued so much. Is he a genuine ITK or someone who simply has thousands of posts?

Cheers.

Ahhh don't start all this QIA stuff again, I don't wanna get excited about it.

We have Lambert, one of the best young managers in the country. He'll be backed this summer. Good enough for me. Happy days. :D

I thought at first from Richard's comments that Randy was selling up.

But then from the comments he's made since I don't think he is. Now the wage bill is down I think he's just willing to invest again.

I think it's possible Randy has found investment elsewhere, but that's just pure guesswork.

Firstly, welcome Paul Lambert to Aston Villa. I'm sure you'll do well. A few questions, though;

Who is Richard and what has he said?

Why is Richard's opinion valued so much. Is he a genuine ITK or someone who simply has thousands of posts?

Cheers.

Richard is a long time poster on here who is usually pessimistic about everything villa.

Not sure where his news comes from but he claims the 3 thins he hoped would happen this summer have or will.

Am gone

PL in

Investment into the squad

Hes unusually happy and excited about what lies ahead.

You asset strip before you sell, you dont pay a manager off and bring in another and pledge to give them money. No way are we selling anytime soon. It would be absolutely stupid of Lerner to spend even more of his money if he is selling his stake in the club.

Investment maybe but very doubtful.

We'll build steadily over next 5 years with a clear philosophy and after this short burst to energise our squad hopefully just invest sensibly over next few years.

Either that or we'll blow all our money this summer and be shit in 3 seasons time again.

We wont be bought out this summer though

You asset strip before you sell, you dont pay a manager off and bring in another and pledge to give them money. No way are we selling anytime soon. It would be absolutely stupid of Lerner to spend even more of his money if he is selling his stake in the club.

Investment maybe but very doubtful.

We'll build steadily over next 5 years with a clear philosophy and after this short burst to energise our squad hopefully just invest sensibly over next few years.

Either that or we'll blow all our money this summer and be shit in 3 seasons time again.

We wont be bought out this summer though

Spot on, I don't think it will be a takeover either, just another stab at the "bright future".