Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Welcome aboard sweaty (sure I said something similar to this last year). 15 prem goals out of Holt last year can't wait to see what he can get out of Bent.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies to the mods in advance.

Lads thanks for then pms, I have had a few and no doubt may get some more after my posts in he last few days and opinion shift.

I have not answered them all and may not so sorry for that.

I think my opinion on all hings villa in the last two or three years has been obvious. Let's just say that over the last week or so I have been persuaded that my opinion should change.

We have the right man and I am confident he will be backed to make the changes he feels are needed. I for one will enjoy the riide

My passion has been reignited ;-)

Richard, do you think we will sell Bent?
My post about backing him was just that, don't read anything into it that may or.may not be there

I just wanted to point out how much I back the guy, no need to set hares running quite ye!

If we can keep Bent and spend money, get rid of the wasters (which I have been informed by a Norwich fan. he will do quick as a flash) then we could be in for a really good season. Exciting times! :)

Absolutely delighted with the appointment.

Looking forward to seeing how he reshapes the squad over the summer and can't wait to go to the first home game of the season.

Excited about Villa again, the Bright Future is back!

That sums it up for me.

Obviously it wasn`t ideal and i would rather it never happened. But the last 2 seasons of misery and unrest have made me realise how good going to the games is when we are putting up a decent go of it.

It may have also brought peoples expectations back into check and people will have a lot more patience with paul.

I think after all of this bollocks most people will be going to games just wanting to enjoy it again!!

Very pleased was my choice gd football give everyone a boost around the club a new era hopefully & sure a gd 1

Villa board getting it spot on Paul Lambert Claret & Blue army

Apologies to the mods in advance.

Lads thanks for then pms, I have had a few and no doubt may get some more after my posts in he last few days and opinion shift.

I have not answered them all and may not so sorry for that.

I think my opinion on all hings villa in the last two or three years has been obvious. Let's just say that over the last week or so I have been persuaded that my opinion should change.

We have the right man and I am confident he will be backed to make the changes he feels are needed. I for one will enjoy the riide

My passion has been reignited ;-)

You should tell us why :3?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Paul Lambert has always been my number one choice to take over from you know who. I'm very happy that it has all been confirmed and I look forward to seeing what business we do over the next few months.

I've seen quite a few comments on here blasting how Norwich defended etc under Lambert but Norwich conceded the least amount of goals from set pieces where as we conceded the most. I'll be over the moon if he sorts that problem out!

He's got a big task ahead of him now and without jumping the gun I'm feeling pretty confident that the bad times that we've had for two years is well and truly over. Good luck, Paul.

Didn't Norwich poach Lambert from another club and ended up getting a fine for it?

It was about the compensation

However, the clubs have been unable to agree a compensation package over Lambert's departure and The U's have finally run out of patience.

Pot, kettle, black from Norwich really.

Thanks for clearing it up. Not every day I learn a new saying in British either :D

Richard won't reveal a thing. Thing is, I don't think he's lying either. I'm convinced we're about to be taken over soon.

When I saw his first post about funding my first thought was QIA. Obviously could be well wide of the mark but...