Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laughable really, its obvious some people just like to vent their misery online, if you just want to moan then moan about something important, still whining about the stats of a manager who has been sacked weeks ago is pointless.

Me personally, i am glad that man is out of my life, why talk about him when i don`t have to anymore?

Welcome mr lambert.

I don't think 'pushing 6th and above' is over the top...

I think that saying that he will do it and, what's more, he'll do in a specifically prescribed way is, I'm afraid.

It doesn't give him much leeway and should he not preform to your exact specifications then you might start to judge him as failing because you have built up a picture of what exactly is going to happen.

I have seen enough of him these last few years to convince me he can do that, and if you add in Richards optimism about spending, I think we will push 6th this year, and push for more after that.

(note, push, not necessarily get )

Will, can and push are suggesting whole heaps of different things.

As per someone else's post on the previous page, as long as Lambert sends us out to try and play football and try to win (and gets the team doing that a fair amount) then that's a good enough start.

Why are folk now wittering on about the ex-Manager in Lamberts thread ? He has left the club we know he was shite thats why he got the sack,put it in a dark place where it belongs and look to the future.

Why are folk now wittering on about the ex-Manager in Lamberts thread ? He has left the club we know he was shite thats why he got the sack,put it in a dark place where it belongs and look to the future.

retribution I suspect

Ok not really logged on (properly) for a few days. Can so embody give me a synopsis on Richards 'transformation' from "Mr Negative" to "Mr Happy Skippy" is he ITK? Don't recall him being before. Are you Richard? What gives you cause for optimism? (without the inferences) is this a case of attention seeking or genuine ITK, or maybe just optimism and happy pills? ;-)

I don't think 'pushing 6th and above' is over the top...

I think that saying that he will do it and, what's more, he'll do in a specifically prescribed way is, I'm afraid.

It doesn't give him much leeway and should he not preform to your exact specifications then you might start to judge him as failing because you have built up a picture of what exactly is going to happen.

I have seen enough of him these last few years to convince me he can do that, and if you add in Richards optimism about spending, I think we will push 6th this year, and push for more after that.

(note, push, not necessarily get )

Will, can and push are suggesting whole heaps of different things.

As per someone else's post on the previous page, as long as Lambert sends us out to try and play football and try to win (and gets the team doing that a fair amount) then that's a good enough start.

Hmmm - where are we disagreeing ? I totally agree to say WILL is silly, but I have said 'will push'. If we don't think he can at least 'push' for Top 6, what is all the fuss about ?!! I don't think it is unrealisitic at all.

To be pushing for the Top 6 is a perfectly reasonable aspiration (see Newcastle this year for example, with a Manager I do not regard as highly as PL).

It gives him plenty of leeway - surely if we all agree Mcleish was so poor we think PL can (not 'will') have a chance of finding an extra 6 wins or so ?

As for a 'prescribed way' - what do you mean ? I am simply confident that he won't trty and buy his way anywhere, that he will play generally attacking football, that he is good tactically, and that he will get the best out of players....what is 'prescribed ' about that ?

You make it sound like I am setting him up for a fall, when it is simply the case that I have watched his sides a lot and think we will do well, in the manner I have said.

I don't think I will be disappointed at all, but going back to the original context I was posting in, I think those wanting 'marquee' (ugh) signings will be, and rightly so in my view.

Expectations are high, but lets be patient and give him time to make the team his...

indeed. The current squad is very thin. He'll need time, support, and money.

Let us as fans give him what we can, and that is our support.

Richard said earlier that Culverhouse and Karsa were coming and that it was nearly sorted. Hopefully we'll get an update tomorrow at Lambert's press conference.

Highly unlikely that it will be a shirt seeing as we are about a week away from the launch of the new one, I can't see them giving Nike the publicity.

So the obligatory scarf shot seems likely although if I had to guess it will be at BMH rather than at Villa Park.

Ok not really logged on (properly) for a few days. Can so embody give me a synopsis on Richards 'transformation' from "Mr Negative" to "Mr Happy Skippy" is he ITK? Don't recall him being before. Are you Richard? What gives you cause for optimism? (without the inferences) is this a case of attention seeking or genuine ITK, or maybe just optimism and happy pills? ;-)

I'm also wondering why the change of heart...is anyone able to shed some light on this?