Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

i really hope Lambert gives Makoun and Delph another chance....

Makoun could be a really tidy player with the right people around him....

and Delph has been really badly mistreated by previous managers IMO....

he does not have the discipline in terms of positioning to be a CM or DCM and in a strange way i think he struggles when he has too much time to pick a pass....

let's see what he can do (coming off the bench) as a left winger or cutting in from the right this season and judge him once he has played in his best position and fully fit

X10

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting this summer, in fact making a huge start this summer

I really do admire your optimism and faith Richard but my main worry is that Lambert will take his time on squad appraisal. Normally this would be the way to go for any new manager but with our present squad we need sweeping changes and quickly.

There are some very good bargains out there at the moment, players who would definitely improve us with little or no outlay and i also think decisions must be made promptly on the futures of Gabby, Fonz, Warnock, Collins, Dunne, Albrighton, Bannan and Hutton to allow circulation of their availability to other clubs.

Being made available at the right money i'm positive that with the exception of Hutton the others will attract a buyer but we also must targeted and bring in replacements.

This is why i hope that Lambert will have already indentified those players in our squad who he doesn't want and not spend the best part of pre-season deciding on something that has been quite obvious to us the fans for the last two seasons.

The Birmingham Mail are reporting no compensation needs to be paid and Culverhouse and Karsa are joining too.

That would be best case scinario... Don't think PL would be as effective if they didn't come with him though.

No compo as well... would be daylight robbery!!! :D

I get the impression Lambert will give everyone a chance to impress.. Unlike the last manager.

To be fair, other than makoun he did give everyone a chance. And was let down by most of them

Thats because he is a terrible man manager lol. MON managed to get the best out of them. AM did not know how to handle his players.

The Birmingham Mail are reporting no compensation needs to be paid and Culverhouse and Karsa are joining too.

That would be best case scinario... Don't think PL would be as effective if they didn't come with him though.

No compo as well... would be daylight robbery!!! :D

Not got alot of sympathy with Norwich really - If McNally had played his cards right over this instead of throwing his toys out the pram last week, matters would no doubt have been handled more to their advantage.

If he's resigned and walked away from his rolling contract - perhaps Lambert himself might owe his former club redress though? Unless of course he thinks he has a case for constructive dismissal?

......Could get messy!

I would think Villa would have had to pay compensation for Culverhouse & Karsa surely? ...............Anyhows great news if true.

I am not going to say what Lambert should do, because Lambert should do what he thinks needs to be done. If we believe him and I do believe the majority of us do, then let him get on with it. I might like Bent, but if it’s not in his plans then let him do what he likes. Lambert is the most important person on the footballing side of the club. Give him the tools and let him get on with, I think we are going to see a Villa side in a year from now that is pretty unrecognisable.

Interesting reading that the B'ham Mail give some credit to Paul Faulkner for pulling all this off as well.

Villa didn’t have to pay a penny for Lambert despite his former club demanding £1million in compensation.

They managed to avoid the pay-off because their new boss was effectively a free agent after submitting his resignation to Norwich on Wednesday night.

Lambert did that after the Canaries refused him permission to speak to Villa, contradicting a clause in his contract that he could hold talks with any interested Premier League club.

The ex-Celtic and Borussia Dortmund hero is now expected to bring his long-term No.2, Ian Culverhouse, to the Midlands with him after the pair enjoyed great success together during their time with the Canaries.

He will become Villa’s assistant manager and Gary Karsa, the current head of football operations at Carrow Road, will also join the back-room staff.

Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner believe the future is bright with Lambert in charge and are looking forward to next season.

In order to secure the deal, Faulkner worked extremely hard and now has more reason to celebrate after being elected on to the FA Council.

The 33-year-old’s growing reputation in the game has been recognised via his elevation to the council which meets to discuss and determine the major policies of the FA.

He said: “For Villa to have a voice on the council is great for the club. There is prestige but also value in having representation on the council.

“I’m pleased and proud as Villa chief executive that our efforts as a club over a number of seasons have been recognised and rewarded in this way.”

As some fans have posted in the PF thread....perhaps Villa fans should now cut him some slack as well?

As much as he can be partially blamed for the catasphrophic decision him & Lerner made last Summer then they appear to have tried to put this right.

Good luck to Lambert, hopefully he'll be able to pull us out of the pit of despair we are currently in.

Oh and credit to Faulkner for taking advantage of a loophole in his contract instead of paying through the nose like we have been for players/staff.

Interesting reading that the B'ham Mail give some credit to Paul Faulkner for pulling all this off as well.

Villa didn’t have to pay a penny for Lambert despite his former club demanding £1million in compensation.

They managed to avoid the pay-off because their new boss was effectively a free agent after submitting his resignation to Norwich on Wednesday night.

Lambert did that after the Canaries refused him permission to speak to Villa, contradicting a clause in his contract that he could hold talks with any interested Premier League club.

The ex-Celtic and Borussia Dortmund hero is now expected to bring his long-term No.2, Ian Culverhouse, to the Midlands with him after the pair enjoyed great success together during their time with the Canaries.

He will become Villa’s assistant manager and Gary Karsa, the current head of football operations at Carrow Road, will also join the back-room staff.

Lerner and chief executive Paul Faulkner believe the future is bright with Lambert in charge and are looking forward to next season.

In order to secure the deal, Faulkner worked extremely hard and now has more reason to celebrate after being elected on to the FA Council.

The 33-year-old’s growing reputation in the game has been recognised via his elevation to the council which meets to discuss and determine the major policies of the FA.

He said: “For Villa to have a voice on the council is great for the club. There is prestige but also value in having representation on the council.

“I’m pleased and proud as Villa chief executive that our efforts as a club over a number of seasons have been recognised and rewarded in this way.”

As some fans have posted in the PF thread....perhaps Villa fans should now cut him some slack as well?

As much as he can be partially blamed for the catasphrophic decision him & Lerner made last Summer then they appear to have tried to put this right.

Don`t forget we paid no compo for McCleish (thanks to peter pan), only for his backroom staff.

I get the impression Lambert will give everyone a chance to impress.. Unlike the last manager.

To be fair, other than makoun he did give everyone a chance. And was let down by most of them

Thats because he is a terrible man manager lol. MON managed to get the best out of them. AM did not know how to handle his players.

McLeish may be a shit manager but it's pretty clear that there are certain players that just aren't good enough. Yeah I'd give N'Zogbia, Gabby and maybe even Delph and Bannan another chance but players like Dunne, Collins, Warnock and Hutton have to go.

There is one thing making mistakes, no matter how monumental

There is another thing putting them right.

We all make mistakes and PF is young and learning his craft too.

get the monkey off his back, let him get his confidence back too and we may see a top CEO.

the most important thing for AVFC is a bunch of folk all pulling in the same direction and the synergy of helping each other acheive the Holy Grail.

The recipe is co-operation, positivity and continuity of personnel.

If Randy feels that he can trust him....He must be "cut some slack" to do the job.

Ps sorry, I was commenting on PF rather than the OP, apologies for my error.

Sorry if a bit OT but for the benefit of Wiz and relevance of Lambert's backroom staff coming to Villa or not.

Paddy Power have just tweeted that they've suspended betting on Chris Hughton being appointed as the next Norwich manager

as big money put on him this morning.

Some really good comments here, but can anyone tell me where the PC has been mentioned? I haven't seen mention of a date or time apart from vague references on here

Wednesday apparently PC day after the bank holiday. B'ham Mail article mentions this as well.

I may be wrong, but I think the days of finger nail biting when a new recruit is imminent is over.

I just get that feeling, I can trust this guy.

PS I had the same feeling with RS, perhaps its the Norwich connection.