Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Nothing confirmed as yet but I am hearing strong rumours Alan Thompson could appear in some capacity!

Do I not like that.

Get me Culverhouse or i'll have a fit.

Culverhouse contract with Norwich runs out on 30th June. After that unless he signs another one or takes over as manager - he is a free agent and can come to us with no payment due to Norwich.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what ive read Lambert really needs Culverhouse and Karsa

Very similar to MON with Robertson and Walford

Apparently Culverhouse does the face to face coaching/training with the players like Walford used to and lambert Overlooks it all from a far and does the man management of the team again similar to MON's style of management

This is all very relaxed if you ask me.

Lambert wants those guys to come along, they want to come too, it is just a matter of time/compensation (if possible at all). In no way does Norwich wish to hire a new manager and insist that they stay in their current jobs, overruling the new manager's wish to bring his team with him.

Paul Lambert will be officially unveiled At Villa Park on Wednesday at 1pm.

Not sure if it's true, but someone said the club want people to go down a welcome him. Anyone going if so?

The club have asked that as many fans as possible welcome the new manager at 1pm tomorrow. Will those one here who said it was embarrassing and small time to do this be contacting the club to complain ?

Thread open again after pages and pages of crap removed about who is a big club and who isn't and who is bigger than who etc. Apologies if I've cut any on topic posts in the process.

Can we please keep this on topic, which if the title of the thread isn't clear enough is about the appointment of Lambert and potentially his back room staff.

:lol: 7 pages cut off. And I don't mean that as it was wrong to cut them off, just that we here on VT really can argue about things now and then. :P Sorry, that was off topic again.

As I said, I hope this can be done soon now so we can start to work on other things that really needs to be fixed. Like the squad. It's thinner than a girl in Top Model. And I really hope that Culverhouse and Karsa joins Lambert here.

Are they opening up the trinity lower then ?

Funny time to do it, generally the only people available midweek at that sort of time are students, the unemployed, tramps and housewives

Should be an interesting turnout

As far as I can see there is nothing official to say when this is happening so I don't know where this 1pm tomorrow thing has come from.

This is the only info i can find on it trent

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7512428

Ah thanks. So its not official and the club haven't asked for fans to be there to welcome him as was being suggested.

Just wanted to clarify before I or anyone else started making plans to be there.