Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

As far as I can see there is nothing official to say when this is happening so I don't know where this 1pm tomorrow thing has come from.

This is the only info i can find on it trent

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7512428

Ah thanks. So its not official and the club haven't asked for fans to be there to welcome him as was being suggested.

Just wanted to clarify before I or anyone else started making plans to be there.

Just been confirmed now nothing about fans though

Aston Villa FC ‏@AVFCOfficial

Paul Lambert will be unveiled at a press conference at Villa Park tomorrow [Wednesday] at 1pm. #AVFC #LambertsLions

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing him speak and hearing what he has to say. Hopefully bring the buzz back to Villa Park again, cannot wait for the turnaround now! Exciting times ahead again I think, delighted to have Lambert on board.

Wonder if he will be allowed one marquee signing & who that will be

Fellaini ??

An appalling phrase and equally appalling idea.

That is the type of thinking we need to get past and thankfully will with Lambert.

He will get us pushing Top 6 and above by a combination of shrewd buys - - not 'marquee' buys - and motivation, tactics, and the best of our youngsters, together with a pretty much united and reinvigorated fan base, and attacking football.

Plenty to enjoy without silly signings.

I like others get a sense of the Sir Ron Saunders about him, and where he can take us over a few years. (ok not quite that far !)

As it stands, anything over the £5mill mark might represent a "marquee" signing. In Kevin Keegan stylee, I would love it if we can bring three of four of that type of player in to start to make a difference. A couple of good defenders and a ball winning midfielder for starters. If we can grab a couple of bosmans too, then great. Balance it up by letting the likes of Dunne, Gabby, Bannan, Fonz go.

Nothing wrong with a marquee signing as long as you get it right. It can help boost a clubs profile and make them seem more attractive to further signings - a sign that we mean business! Inside the club it can boost morale and give the current team a lift, almost challenging them to raise their game to prove that they are equal to he who is coming in.

As Mantis has pointed out Bent was such a signing and that signing saved us from relegation.

Just been confirmed now nothing about fans though

I'm sure as the club have confirmed via twitter that the PC will be held at VP tomorrow at 1pm -

that they won't mind how many fans turn up to welcome Paul Lambert.

Darren Bent was a marquee signing. Just saying...

As was NZogbia for "the other guy"

Terryaki, marquee signings are part of the game

Why are they appalling

They can give everyone a massive lift if it's the correct signing

Doubt there'll be anything to gleen from the PC

He'll thank Norwich and wish them well

He'll say he couldn't turn down the opportunity to manage a club of villa's size & heritage

Etc etc

Faulkner will be there, Lerner won't