Weeekends football 31 March/1 April

andykeenan

man i need to put larger bets on,

yesterday £1 on 3-1 spurs and adebayor anytime for a tenner

and today £1 on 2-0 united young anytime at 17/1 for a little extra.

moment I put more on, I will lose. :P

I remember being slaughtered in Ashley Young thread on VT when last season I suggested Valencia was a better winger. Not to say Young isn't very good because I love him but Valencia is awesome. Old school winger, nothing is ever over elaborate, just does his job so efficiently and effectively.

United going to win the title anyway it seems now.

She is indeed. Which is just as well, because she'd be crucified if she wasn't. She's certainly showing most of the older codgers how to do their job.

No it's not. Linesmen by and large are shit. She has on many occasions got some key decisions bang on and been rightly complimented in the way anyone would. The fact she has come into a male-dominated 'industry' and shown that there's no reason it should be a male-dominated industry (in terms of officiating) is credit to her. It's not patronising at all. It's simply credit where it's due. If some of her male counterparts were half as good as her it'd be a better league.

Not quite as bluntly perhaps, but I agree with CEBD.

Nearly every time she makes a good decision, it gets highlighted on MOTD. This doesn't happen with any other linesmen, and I too have remarked that it's a little patronising in the past.

Look don't get me wrong, just because there IS patronising going on elsewhere or earlier in her career doesn't mean that all credit/compliments fall under that category :? It's possible to compliment someone on doing a genuinely good job irrespective of anything else. The fact that she is currently unique in the Prem and is basically showing most of them up I think should be very satisfying for her if nothing else.

She was pretty bog standard/poor in the Chelsea game. She was at the end where some bizarre corner/goal kick decisions were given.

From what I've seen of her, she's not a bad lino, she's decent on the whole but a lino is only doing a good job when they aren't noticed. And as termed in this thread, she's getting the focus on her because she's a woman, and sometimes I think it's a bit patronising.

Just my opinion.

Completely, I just feel that she benefits from more credits & compliments, particularly in the media, than her male counterparts do.

Good offside calls etc ARE often highlighted on MOTD, but the linesman involved is rarely named etc. Whenever Sian Massey is involved then the highlights will inevitably cut to a shot of Sian, followed by some over the top praise from the commentator.

Particularly Good decisions are always highlighted on MOTD and other programs of that nature.

Not just for Sian Massey.

It just so happens that she's had a fair few very good decisions recently so people notice it, and remember her name because she's female.

Â