Weeekends football 31 March/1 April

andykeenan

It's always for publicity Stevo. It's advertising that you'd struggle to buy. And if (when) the opposite happens, they just have to pay the actual winners and they take the hit on the money that they shouldn't have paid out. But as Trent says, that publicity payout is effectively the cost of some serious advertising. And obviously they're usually right anyway. I can only recall one time it bit paddypower on the arse.

I never understand why bookies "pay out" on things before they actually happen.

Is it just for publicity?

What do they do when it doesn't happen?

The same thing happened in 97/98. Manchester United won at Stamford Bridge 1-0 in March. The bookies paid out, and then Arsenal went on an incredible run and won the league.

Not quite as bluntly perhaps, but I agree with CEBD.

Nearly every time she makes a good decision, it gets highlighted on MOTD. This doesn't happen with any other linesmen, and I too have remarked that it's a little patronising in the past.

I agree, im sure most people couldnt name another Premier League linesman/woman or what they look like

She was pretty bog standard/poor in the Chelsea game. She was at the end where some bizarre corner/goal kick decisions were given.

I was quite surprised she was bought up after our game of any because like you I didn't think she did a good job at all.

Her being female is always going to put her in the spotlight though. If someone feels she has a good game, it might get a mention - like she has in this thread - and how often does that happen with a male assistant referee? But on the other side, if she makes a big mistake she'll probably get crucified.

Not quite as bluntly perhaps, but I agree with CEBD.

Nearly every time she makes a good decision, it gets highlighted on MOTD. This doesn't happen with any other linesmen, and I too have remarked that it's a little patronising in the past.

I agree, im sure most people couldnt name another Premier League linesman/woman or what they look like

People remember her because she's a woman, nto because she's highlighted on MOTD.

Other linesmen are highlighted on MOTD sometimes or Sky during a game when they make a good decision. but people don't remember it because it's just another linesmen.

I remember being slaughtered in Ashley Young thread on VT when last season I suggested Valencia was a better winger. Not to say Young isn't very good because I love him but Valencia is awesome. Old school winger, nothing is ever over elaborate, just does his job so efficiently and effectively.

a brilliant player. I remember some people either on here or 606 saying he wasnt good enough when we were linked when he played at Wigan

Â