Weeekends football 31 March/1 April

andykeenan

Not a chance of the refs allowing Chelsea to beat Barca.

I'm not sure they'll really have that much to do with it.

Messi and Sanchez against Cahill or Luiz? It'll likely be ridiculous.

That won't stop peopl eblaming the refs though! ;)

Seriously though, I listened to football weekly this morning and Sid Lowe made a good point (again)

He basically said that all the talk of cheating and barca being lucky is getting on Barca's nerves, and they're getting annoyed at people chipping away at their success. And obviously the game against Chelsea last time was probably the most obvious example of all that (I don't buy into this ludicrous conspiracy theory that the refs help Barca. It's bullshit. But no-one can deny that the reffing in that game was unbelievably poor and in Barca's favour)

So he said he feels like Barca will feel they have a big big point to prove. They'll want to beat Chelsea and beat them well, and fairly. So we can expect a real effort from Barca and maybe a hiding for chelsea. And maybe we'll even get a few less dives from the likes of Busquets and friends (not that there aren't certain Chelsea players who do more diving than anyone)

He basically said that all the talk of cheating and barca being lucky is getting on Barca's nerves, and they're getting annoyed at people chipping away at their success.

maybe they should talk to their players like Buscuits, Pique and Puyol. former is a terrible diver and other 2 constantly surround referee for nothing issues

They'll want to beat Chelsea and beat them well, and fairly.

Beating Chelsea now as opposed to back then is different.. of course they'll have a better chance of beating them now as opposed to back then.

Chelsea are in shambles at the moment and are trying to fight for top 4 rather than the PL title this season and by their standards it has been poor but the CL campaign has been one saving grace.

Even if they beat Chelsea here I don't think anyone can forget that match back then and rightly so - they were robbed it's as simple as that.

He basically said that all the talk of cheating and barca being lucky is getting on Barca's nerves, and they're getting annoyed at people chipping away at their success.

maybe they should talk to their players like Buscuits, Pique and Puyol. former is a terrible diver and other 2 constantly surround referee for nothing issues

Thanks for that, Captain Obvious

That was kind of the point ;)

A Chelsea fan I know claim 2009 was a fix because the powers that be didn't want the same final as 2009.

Also, Man U were shit so they'd have beaten them

A Chelsea fan I know claim 2009 was a fix because the powers that be didn't want the same final as 2009.

Also, Man U were shit so they'd have beaten them

Does your friend have a source for this claim?

Â