Weeekends football 31 March/1 April

andykeenan

Robinho did miss but it probably would've been disallowed like Higuain's goal in one of the Clasico games.

Like I said Barcelona deserved to go through overall, they have it easier to the final (from this stage onwards) than Madrid so I wouldn't say a Clasico final is guaranteed at all.

Also I disagree about the Ibra comments.. still think he is quality imo.

it is amazing though isn't it, spout this refereeing bullshit for as long as possible. Then I post a video (in the other thread) showing 12 penalties not given in La Liga; http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/the-12-penalty-decisions-that-have-gone-against-barcelona-in-20112012/ ....a couple are debatable but the majority are definite penalties. Not given.

Yet no one responds, just wait until the next game. Wait until a decision goes Barca's way even if it's correct and then moan again.

Ignore all responses like Stevo's about the 2 penalties not given first leg ...

Then just wait until the next game and moan again. It's laughable and so obvious.

Haha, obviously not comparing ZI to Carroll. He has a great goalscoring record but always looks poor in the games I've seen him.

You must really pick and choose your games then.

There's been about 3 or 4 games all season where he hasn't looked superb.

I do. Seen him for his last 4 teams in CL and he's always disappointed. His stats back up his reputation obviously.

Trying to find a peice I read about a month ago (just after the draw, whenever that was?) that mentioned how a Madrid-Milan Final was worth 40m euros less than a Madrid-Barca Final. No idea how that is worked out exactly to be honest.

From an overall value point of view, that's probably right. More people watching, more pints sold in pubs and more expensive advertising in Korea and Mexico.

None of that will make any financial difference to UEFA though. They've sold the rights and it won't matter to them if it's Madrid or Apoel in the semi-final. Why would they care?

It's a bit like the dimwits who say that cup draws are rigged. It sounds sensible until you think about it for three seconds and realise that it makes no sense at all.

1st penalty - clear penalty

2nd penalty - sorry but it is soft, very soft.

3rd goal - clear goal and Iniesta was onside.

Overall Barcelona deserve it.. can't argue with that.

I agree with your evaluation of the 3 goals, but at 2-1 Milan should've had a penalty at the start of the 2nd half, then at 3-1 had a goal not allowed to stand due to a none-existant handball.

To say that this game has been evenly officiated is, well, wrong.

earr Robinho missed?

My bad, forgot it was a penalty shootout and you can't put the rebound in.

Yeah but the rebound was like about 5 seconds after when everyone had stopped.

I'm sure Valdes and Pique would have got up and just stood where he'd made the save instead of going back to his own goal..... :lol:

I agree with your evaluation of the 3 goals, but at 2-1 Milan should've had a penalty at the start of the 2nd half, then at 3-1 had a goal not allowed to stand due to a none-existant handball.

earr Robinho missed?

I'm sure Valdes and Pique would have got up and just stood where he'd made the save instead of going back to his own goal..... :lol:

Think you need to watch it again.

I don't believe it's fixed but a Barca/Madrid final will break viewing records and allow UEFA to squeeze more money out of sponsors at next negotiation.

Are you basically waiting for someone to tell you you're right?

Ok, here goes..

AVFC-Prideofbrum, you are right about everything, you are the font of all knowledge when it comes to football, you reguarly post not just opinion but solid facts too. I hope one day I can be as knowledgable about football than you.

You are the greatest.

earr Robinho missed?

Think you need to watch it again.

I have, there is no way he'd have scored like that if the game carried on. Valdes and Pique were both looking the other way long before the ball was in the net.

Are you basically waiting for someone to tell you you're right?

Ok, here goes..

AVFC-Prideofbrum, you are right about everything, you are the font of all knowledge when it comes to football, you reguarly post not just opinion but solid facts too. I hope one day I can be as knowledgable about football than you.

You are the greatest.

Cheers. :)

No but seriously, well apart from being right ;) just wanted answers.

I just thought a debate works by answering posts that are directed are you.

You can't just spout your opinion and then completely ignore clear evidence going against what you say.....then just come back the next week and say the exact same things and ignore the other person again. Which seems to happen.

Just like Stevo said about not giving Barca two penalties first leg ....just completely ignored... any time a fair decent question is asked which is true, (they should have had penalties, not debatable) so it's ignored.

yeah Ray was trying his hardest but the Milan bias was creeping in, the suggestion that alves "foul" on robinho could have been a pen in another game was a little bit desperate, i think the seed mourinho sowed is working when in reality barca get just as many shit decisions as everyone else, same as fans in england think that manu get more decisions go their way and probably agree with vieira, when in reality opta will tell you bolton have had the most go their way and iirc arsenal have had the most go against them

as for the el classico final, i think im actually more excited about the prospect of madrid v bayern in the semis, should be 2 great games

Just like Stevo said about not giving Barca two penalties first leg ....just completely ignored... any time a fair decent question is asked which is true, (they should have had penalties, not debatable) so it's ignored.

I think Alexis' was a penalty, but he didn't help himself by going down before getting to Abbiati. As for the other, I don't think you can give penalties for that as you'd see too many a game but even if someone feels that kind of incident is a penalty, Puyol was let go long before the ball got there and won the header how he wanted to win it, he can't think "well I missed, I want the penalty now".

earr Robinho missed?

Wait, are you for real? You think if the flag hadn't gone up AC would have scored?

this is hillarious.

it's only football for **** sake.

You're on a football forum. I think you gatecrashed a fitness thread earlier to show how little you cared about it.

Well done you, if you don't care as much as you think then :wave:

Bayern would be 100% up for it and will give everything they have, the final is in Munich aswell so extra incentive for them.

I don't think they're good enough to win it though to be honest. Bayern remind me a lot of Madrid all over the pitch, they'll lose to Barca the same way Madrid always lose to Barca.

im not sure, anything can happen in the final, if robben / ribery have blinders and push barca back, alves especially and then neuer has a manu type night, gomez obviously has goals in him IMO it would certainly be more interesting than a madrid/barca final

Â