Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Probably the right decision for City. As a free agent they’d have to match enormous wages. He’s getting more niggly injuries now too. Give him a bit of a send off, and bring in new blood. Haaland?

100% the right call.

But how terrifying is it to think of them with Haaland?  I think he'll tear up the Prem (though I thought the same of Werner so it shows how wrong I am).

What a player he’s been for them over the years. Really one of the key players to get them to the level they are now at. 

I think they’ll go big for a striker in the summer, and they’ll be absolutely terrifying! 

Maybe Haaland, or Mbappe?

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

His dad played there though and there are pictures of him as a kid in a city shirt. 

yes but City wont do business with his agent, he has publicly insulted Guardiola many times

• 1 month later...

Peptastic tactics as usual. Without an all time superstar selection he struggles to win the big one

Chelsea were there to be smashed think lost 4 in the last 5

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea were exceptional tonight, helped by Peps insistence on doing something nobody else does.

Weird as it may be, I think the gravity of the occasion got to them tonight. It was probably the biggest game in the club's entire history, and they just couldn't handle it.

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Peptastic tactics as usual. Without an all time superstar selection he struggles to win the big one

Maybe Chelsea were there to be smashed cos they'd given up on the league and put everything in to tonight? Defence in particular were brilliant tonight

City were poor though, zinchenko at LB didn't pay off he was out of his depth, no striker thing I think is more due to aguero being finished and jesus being bang average rather than some clever as **** tactic, KDB going off was obviously huge but they'd created nothing with him anyway

Hard to imagine that tonight they had creativity issues, anyone who said "they don't even need grealish" in the last week... But if they spend £100m this summer it's got to be a striker 

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe Chelsea were there to be smashed cos they'd given up on the league and put everything in to tonight? Defence in particular were brilliant tonight

City were poor though, zinchenko at LB didn't pay off he was out of his depth, no striker thing I think is more due to aguero being finished and jesus being bang average rather than some clever as **** tactic, KDB going off was obviously huge but they'd created nothing with him anyway

Hard to imagine that tonight they had creativity issues, anyone who said "they don't even need grealish" in the last week... But if they spend £100m this summer it's got to be a striker 

I dont think so Chelsea were shit in the cup final and didnt do anything last 5 league games when 2 wins take them into top 4

Maybe Chelsea were more disciplined but Pep exposed in the big games again. You can smash your Burnleys, Everton, Wolfsburg all you want but this big teams bring him to win the big one

Edited by Zatman

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think so Chelsea were shit in the cup final and didnt do anything last 5 league games when 2 wins take them into top 4

Maybe Chelsea were more disciplined but Pep exposed in the big games again. You can smash your Burnleys, Everton, Wolfsburg all you want but this big teams bring him to win the big one

When you say Burnleys Everton you mean 18 teams that aren't Liverpool? 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

When you say Burnleys Everton you mean 18 teams that aren't Liverpool? 

Well he struggles vs United since Ole came in as well. Its all good beating the average teams 5-0 but City dont pay him amd his players a huge salary for that 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well he struggles vs United since Ole came in as well. Its all good beating the average teams 5-0 but City dont pay him amd his players a huge salary for that 

That's a deep dive, what do City pay him for? 

Personally city pay him to Rob a living with this ESL top 12 teams in the world bullshit, everything they moaned about, lfootball being about South East Asian kids and all that bullshit you look at what man City are and what they're not and all that... Peps there to make them bigger, to make them a top 5 team in world football, obviously wining the CL is a jump start but failing that he's doing absoboluetky everything man City are paying him to do, they'll measure him in some sort of weird growth thing like number of Chinese twitter hash tags and year on year they'll be through the roof

Pep is doing everythingbhes there to do 

I'd lazily suggest that man City are 10x the club they were before pep went there, CL is a metric we use not the owners, the owners will see shirt sales in Indonesia and love Pep

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's a deep dive, what do City pay him for? 

Personally city pay him to Rob a living with this ESL top 12 teams in the world bullshit, everything they moaned about, lfootball being about South East Asian kids and all that bullshit you look at what man City are and what they're not and all that... Peps there to make them bigger, to make them a top 5 team in world football, obviously wining the CL is a jump start but failing that he's doing absoboluetky everything man City are paying him to do, they'll measure him in some sort of weird growth thing like number of Chinese twitter hash tags and year on year they'll be through the roof

Pep is doing everythingbhes there to do 

I'd lazily suggest that man City are 10x the club they were before pep went there, CL is a metric we use not the owners, the owners will see shirt sales in Indonesia and love Pep

Maybe he is for that but he hasnt done it since he got to City, didnt at Bayern either. Truth is he cant win the big one without once in a generation players like Xavi, Iniesta and Messi 

City might be ok with his title wins but thats not what he was hired for. Mancini and Pellegrini have done this before

Last 2 Champions League seasons were winnable and since he joined have been beaten by average enough teams at the time. Monaco, Liverpool, Spurs, Lyon and now Chelsea 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

CL is a metric we use not the owners, the owners will see shirt sales in Indonesia and love Pep

Hmm. I don’t completely disagree but it’s not as if they need the money that they get excited over shirt sales. The owners at City are desperate for CL. Khaldoon has made no secret of this. 

Â