Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

On 4/11/2018 at 12:29, villa4europe said:

Thats where i disagree

Man city dont dominate english football in the same way as psg, or juve, munich, real madrid and barca do their leagues, their over all trophy haul with the arab money is really poor

The CL isnt his one and only measuring stick like it would be at those clubs, if he can get 3/4 back to back league titles, a treble, or say 3 doubles over a 5 year period then he has suceeded at city 

The failure comes in the context that the league is won and he had the ability to focus on the CL, that 1 game at anfield at it all came crashing down, thats how the CL should be

That is the issue he failed with at Bayern, time and time again.

There he started to heavily rotate the squad, rest key players too much and the team lost intensity and momentum for the big games that actually mattered.

His time at Bayern was IMO partly a failure as he took over the best team in the world and didn't manage to win the CL. He was brought in to do this precise thing.

As for going out this season. They should have been 2 up at HT. That would have been another game.

Fully understand why he was pissed with the ref's.

But they lost the tie in the first game that they fluffed.

2 hours ago, sne said:

They should have been 2 up at HT. That would have been another game.

Fully understand why he was pissed with the ref's.

But they lost the tie in the first game that they fluffed.

Even if they went 2-0 up I still think they would have gone out. Liverpool were always going to score when city were so open at the back and City's intensity would have fallen off in the second half.

People can quote his stats all they like but everytime I watch Sterling he is absolute crap. Has scored tonight but he has been absolutely awful and all he has is pace

On 14/04/2018 at 21:23, Zatman said:

People can quote his stats all they like but everytime I watch Sterling he is absolute crap. Has scored tonight but he has been absolutely awful and all he has is pace

I sort of know what you mean, but he's not crap, not anymore.

He's technically still a shambles at moments during games. He'll let the ball roll under his foot, or miskick an open goal even when having a good game.

But Pep has forced him to get into positions where he's going to score eventually. He's too quick, and city make too many chances for him not to. He's got a couple of key traits that mean for this City side he'll bag a hatful year after year. The player fits the team, rather than making the team like KDB/Silva do.

He's also still very good at carrying the ball. Weird that he can't kick it half the time, but can dribble so well.

I thought he was England's best player in those two average friendlies. He was dropping back from up front into space and playing with the ball much more than he does for City. I liked what I saw. He took on responsibility playing for a much worse side, I admire that even if he struggles doing it.

We're about to enter an era of dominance I don't think England has seen for a while.

All hinges how long Pep stays for.

If he stays for the next five years, I think they'll win the next 5 league titles and similar to this year it won't be close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We're about to enter an era of dominance I don't think England has seen for a while.

All hinges how long Pep stays for.

If he stays for the next five years, I think they'll win the next 5 league titles and similar to this year it won't be close.

Interesting that this is getting brought up a lot.  Can't see it being like United under Ferguson, personally.

• Like 1

I really can

Not just because of what city bring to the table but the failures of the other teams, chelsea and arsenal are about to be overhauled, spurs for me could lose kane and poch and utd arent a good enough team, leaves the flawed klopp and liverpool as the main challenge

If pep is at city 5 years id expect him to win the league at least 3 time, and 5/6 cups

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yaya Toure has went full Sol Campbell. Accused Guardiola of racism and that he hates Africans

Its quite a statement

Did Pep forget to get him a nice big birthday cake? 

I'm sure he doesn't hate Africans, he just hates the one! Toure always comes across as being a cockwomble. 

Toure going on like his spell at Citeh was comparable to Buffon's at Juve and Iniesta's at Barca! 

The fact Man City had 100 points is justification that Toure was not needed. 

• Like 1

Â