Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

Zatman

Tactics Pep caught out again. City and Bayern were brilliant when players were allowed play natural positions but when Pep tries to get clever and tries to think he is better than the oposition thats when they get caught out. Lahm in midfield, Laporte left back, Kolarov centre back, high line at Camp Nou, 3-6-1 tonight

His ego is all so much that he always tries these things in big European games

• Like 1

Getting what he deserves for spending hundreds of millions on defenders yet still having the likes of Otamendi in the side. Then again i'm using the term defender loosely, given he's bought the likes of Walker, Stones and Danilo.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tactics Pep caught out again. City and Bayern were brilliant when players were allowed play natural positions but when Pep tries to get clever and tries to think he is better than the oposition thats when they get caught out. Lahm in midfield, Laporte left back, Kolarov centre back, high line at Camp Nou, 3-6-1 tonight

His ego is all so much that he always tries these things in big European games

View on a podcast I was listening to is that Pep is rattled by Klopp and tries odd things to try and get past his tactics... which his teams have never coped with.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

View on a podcast I was listening to is that Pep is rattled by Klopp and tries odd things to try and get past his tactics... which his teams have never coped with.

Could be true. He tried other tactics vs Barcelona and Monaco from last season who were also high press and in your face teams. Not as intense as Klopp

Maybe he doesnt trust his players past the pressing system

Thats where i disagree

Man city dont dominate english football in the same way as psg, or juve, munich, real madrid and barca do their leagues, their over all trophy haul with the arab money is really poor

The CL isnt his one and only measuring stick like it would be at those clubs, if he can get 3/4 back to back league titles, a treble, or say 3 doubles over a 5 year period then he has suceeded at city 

The failure comes in the context that the league is won and he had the ability to focus on the CL, that 1 game at anfield at it all came crashing down, thats how the CL should be

• Like 1

The Premier League has been a good achievement, but also has to be somewhat factored alongside the amount he has spent and the poor performance/ standard of his rivals. 

Some were very keen to call this City team the best Premier League side ever, but I think that's well a truly being wiped out. No where near as good as the United sides from 98-00. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The Premier League has been a good achievement, but also has to be somewhat factored alongside the amount he has spent and the poor performance/ standard of his rivals. 

Some were very keen to call this City team the best Premier League side ever, but I think that's well a truly being wiped out. No where near as good as the United sides from 98-00. 

No chance this city side is as good as that, even not as good as the arsenal invincibles 

They will get more points than Invincibles who got 90. City could still get 100.

Always difficult to measure and of course going through a season unbeaten is amazing bit I prefered the Arsenal team in 1998 that won the double (Invincibles only won the league of course).

Barca could go unbeaten in La Liga this season but no way having watched many of their games this season they are on a patch of their teams in 2009 and 2006.

yeah barca is an interesting comparison, they have some major issues creeping up on them, maybe the weakest squad they've had in the last 10-15 years, 1 academy graduate in the team with no sign of any others coming through, the football isnt at the ridiculous high quality that it was, i would say more than anything else especially in europe they've lost their fear factor...and yet they've equaled the la liga record for games unbeaten, their remaining "tough" games are at home so they should finish unbeaten (home classico to play) they're 11 points clear and will win the league and have a cup final coming up

what they still have is goals, suarez and messi will get north of 70 between them

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barca could go unbeaten in La Liga this season but no way having watched many of their games this season they are on a patch of their teams in 2009 and 2006.

I find it interesting no one is talking about how bad La Liga is with the way Barca we’re knocked out last night the way people would about the Premier League in similar situations.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I still think they are the best Premier League side ever - and they’ll rightly be disappointed with this showing against Liverpool. 

On 11/04/2018 at 13:36, villa4europe said:

yeah barca is an interesting comparison, they have some major issues creeping up on them, maybe the weakest squad they've had in the last 10-15 years, 1 academy graduate in the team with no sign of any others coming through, the football isnt at the ridiculous high quality that it was, i would say more than anything else especially in europe they've lost their fear factor...and yet they've equaled the la liga record for games unbeaten, their remaining "tough" games are at home so they should finish unbeaten (home classico to play) they're 11 points clear and will win the league and have a cup final coming up

what they still have is goals, suarez and messi will get north of 70 between them

What struck me about Barca the other night is how clueless they were and just resorted to hoofing it up the pitch in the second half.  Completely lost the plot.  I have to say Messi has carried the team in La Liga and they've not been under any pressure from Real either.  As for City I think this season they have been as good as any Utd or Arsenal team from the PL era and if they finish the season without stuttering any more then they'll probably have been the best I've seen.

Â